Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Goffs @ 06/24/12 06:09 AM
Again with the talk of no more awkward moments...so are injuries done proper now? No more players moving away from the injured but rather have them check how the player is doing?

# 2 CurryMan @ 06/24/12 07:10 AM
NBA2k is quickly turning into Madden :thumbsdown:

# 3 marcbitw1992 @ 06/24/12 07:15 AM
Hmmmm ? was he avoiding or hinting on that charles barkley question

# 4 VDusen04 @ 06/24/12 11:09 AM
1. While some may believe it's a trivial facet of the game to work on, I'm encouraged to hear they're attempting to clean up those in-between animations, where a player scores, turns into a glitchy robot for a split second, then performs a celebration. I feel this is a very necessary alteration and it had to occur sometime, so I'm glad to see the energy put forth. If done correctly, I think this could really change how the game looks.

2. Boenisch mentioned most other games only offering small, relatively insignificant bonuses as pre-orders (he referenced a weapon a person levels up from in an hour). I think there's a reason for that: other companies don't want to screw the consumer out of important content. Now, whether consumers believe the All-Star Weekend to be important or not is up for debate. However, I still find it unfortunate that many folks (like my brothers, who must wait until Christmas) will miss out on something they really want, only because they do not pre-order. They're really forcing my hand as well, since I don't enjoy pre-ordering.

3. The idea of having a My Player selected to the All-Star Weekend festivities is expected, but still neat. I also liked hearing there may be an array of classic player dunks available to the user. Unfortunately, it just makes me wonder what could have been, had 2K opted to go with a legitimate control scheme instead of button mashing. What satisfaction will there be in pulling off a Michael Jordan free throw line dunk if all I had to do to initiate it was enter a button code that has zero correlation to the aesthetics to the dunk itself?

# 5 coolcras7 @ 06/24/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
Please elaborate.

# 6 KSOR24 @ 06/24/12 12:54 PM
I wish they would stop asking about All Star Weekend.

# 7 kmiree16 @ 06/24/12 02:50 PM
I just want to be able to play more than 10 minutes in the All-Star game if I lead my conference position in votes.

# 8 coolcras7 @ 06/24/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
I wish they would stop asking about All Star Weekend.
2k isn't answering any other question this early so unless you want the whole interview to be sorry I can't talk about that yet, they have no choice.

# 9 SouthBeach @ 06/24/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
You formed your opinion based on a video talking about:

a.) All Star Weekend
b.) Animation improvement
c.) More defensive control

Dude, relax.

# 10 youvalss @ 06/24/12 07:34 PM
Classic June 2K interview: not saying anything other than what we already know. He could have spoken for 2 hours and still keep all the details to himself. The guy knows his job.

# 11 savoie2006 @ 06/24/12 07:47 PM
Geez people expect to hear an awful lot and there is still over three months until the game is released . To the person who said NBA 2K is turning into Madden, NBA 2K has been better than any Madden this gen or last gen (with the exception of 2005).

# 12 VDusen04 @ 06/24/12 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
The guitar hero controls I kinda like. I think the learning curve for ASW was too steep the last time they had it. It was more like a Tony Hawk skater game - I don't want to do all that just to make a dunk contest dunk. I don't mind the new controls because ASW in real life and in videogames are supposed to be a fun event, like a party game, so the controls shouldn't be taken too seriously imo. This will invite a pick up and play type of thing for casual gamers - which I think this mode should be about. Shouldn't be too complex, just pick up and play n have fun pulling off crazy dunks. The dunks should be realistic, but the controls don't need to be Tony Hawk-ish to be 'sim.'
I suppose I won't know until I try it. From the looks of things, it just seems so. . . disconnected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the buttons being pressed and what we see on the screen and I feel like that'd be defeating for anyone playing the mode. As others have pointed out, at least in Guitar Hero, the buttons correspond to direct sound output, so it's rewarding for friends to pick up and play because they're doing something. In this case, from the very, very, very small tiny look we've had so far, it literally looks like a code-input setup that results in a pre-determined movie playing out.

As an aside, I have to say I'm not a very skilled gamer, but I've been surprised by all the people discussing the apparent heavy difficulty of the previous dunk contest. I didn't think it was too bad. Just like the game of 2K12 itself, there was a learning curve, but it didn't seem to take much. Though I guess to be fair, it did seem relatively difficult for non-gamers. That said, I'm not entirely sure why a game would go out of their way to appeal to those who usually wouldn't be playing it.

# 13 CurryMan @ 06/24/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Please elaborate.
2k has been too busy over the last few years adding gimmicks like legends mode and new animations rather than improving the core gameplay. I can't even remember the last time online or association saw any improvement.

# 14 Paul Pierce_OS @ 06/24/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
2k has been too busy over the last few years adding gimmicks like legends mode and new animations rather than improving the core gameplay. I can't even remember the last time online or association saw any improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 15 Paul Pierce_OS @ 06/24/12 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
most games do start giving out info months before release so people should expect more.
So what do you want them to do, release info that will outrage customers? This is a business and by looking at your post history you clearly don't get that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 16 Nodima @ 06/25/12 02:21 AM
All I really got out of that was that the graphical interface looks pretty lame, which is a shame since it was getting better and better for years. That score ticker is really boring, weird they changed it from the TNT style.

# 17 coolcras7 @ 06/25/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
So NBA 2k11 a game some regard as the best sports game of all time is just a gimmick, the inclusion of some of the best players in the history including Jordan in the game is a gimmick, you my friend clearly don't know the definition of a gimmick.

# 18 Steve_OS @ 06/25/12 01:05 PM
In talking w/ Erick myself, trust me when I say, it is IMPOSSIBLE to squeeze any "juicy info" from him.

These early interviews are just that, EARLY. No way will any of the Producers or PR talk about upcoming additions, until the time comes. Once features are announced, we (as well as all other outlets), will have time to ask questions about those specific items. It's just how it works.

# 19 LD2k @ 06/25/12 05:05 PM

# 20 23 @ 06/25/12 05:34 PM
Ok I gotta give you props for that gif... I have to use that one

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.