Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition

Exclusive package to include NBA 2K13, downloadable All-Star add-on content,
customized Spalding® basketball, Skullcandy Ink’d earbuds and Skinit controller skin

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

“With this special edition package, we want to give something meaningful to our great fans,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last.”

NBA 2K13 is the follow-up to NBA 2K12, which has sold-in over 5 million units worldwide and won more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards from outlets including Gamespot, Sports Illustrated and the Spike Video Game Awards.

NBA 2K13 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. NBA 2K13 and the NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cgalligan @ 06/28/12 08:44 AM
Nice for the Die Hard NBA Fans.

Probably not a purchase "regular" gamers will make.

# 2 Allstar25 @ 06/28/12 08:46 AM
Damn, $100 for this? I'll pass.

And what are you guys going to do with the money? Give us crew and finally fix the servers?

# 3 Norris_Cole @ 06/28/12 08:51 AM
This should be free to compensate the customers for the 2k12 disappointment

# 4 Pezell04x @ 06/28/12 08:52 AM
Way too steep for what they're giving you.

You can get the ASW w/ an Amazon pre-order.
Who uses controller skins?
You're basically paying for a full size basketball and the game.

# 5 jd@os @ 06/28/12 08:56 AM
I hope a lot of you don't complain about this because keep in mind: you don't have to get this; you could just get the regular edition.

# 6 jWILL253 @ 06/28/12 09:06 AM
Um... less pre-order packages and special announcements, more concrete game info please...

# 7 qnzballa5 @ 06/28/12 09:11 AM
Not to seem like im hating but what real baskeball player is going to play basketball outside with that ball?? LMAO.. Newayz enough of the gimmicks 2k get your Online right and Gameplay..

# 8 Goffs @ 06/28/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
Not to seem like im hating but what real baskeball player is going to play basketball outside with that ball?? LMAO.. Newayz enough of the gimmicks 2k get your Online right and Gameplay..
Give it to your kid? How is this a gimmick when other titles do the same thing..

Batman Arkham City Collectors edition

God of War collectors edition

# 9 JerzeyReign @ 06/28/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I hope a lot of you don't complain about this because keep in mind: you don't have to get this; you could just get the regular edition.
Most will still complain -- and they'll try to throw in their wishlist inside of the complaint as well.

# 10 qnzballa5 @ 06/28/12 09:22 AM
It is what it is like I said im not hatin at all.. After this announcement i want to hear about Gameplay and Online thats it.. If their supposed big announcement next week is the dream team or olympics then i will be dissapppointed..

# 11 poloelite @ 06/28/12 09:23 AM
Not bad comparing it to other collector editions. For $40 you get a ball to display and some earbuds. I'm sure if you buy two some idiot will pay you $200 for it on EBay, making yours free.

# 12 Goffs @ 06/28/12 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
It is what it is like I said im not hatin at all.. After this announcement i want to hear about Gameplay and Online thats it.. If their supposed big announcement next week is the dream team or olympics then i will be dissapppointed..
Like a broken record....you seriously think that there will be gameplay announcements this early? It's only June ffs....you guys always fall for that hype from Ronnie about "big" announcements and you end up coming in here complaining that its not gameplay...

All the meaty stuff usually don't get announced till around September I believe...for the next couple of months it will be mostly fluff like this...

# 13 aloncho11 @ 06/28/12 09:28 AM
A set of basketball cards instead of the ball would have been really awesome. Anyway, I'm just sticking with the regular edition.

# 14 adub88 @ 06/28/12 09:59 AM
Please tell me this isn't the big announcement they were talking about. If that's the case we need to start defining big announcements then.

# 15 chi_hawks @ 06/28/12 10:05 AM
would be worth an extra 10 bucks. not 40.

# 16 AUChase @ 06/28/12 10:12 AM
If you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it.

They aren't forcing it on anyone, it's just a special package for people who are interested. There's no need to sit here and pretend like them selling a special edition with some extra items is going to effect the amount of time they spend working on the game or the online servers.

# 17 AirJordanFan93 @ 06/28/12 10:15 AM
Nice little set. That Basketball looks pretty cool to be honest. But ill pass on this 100 bucks from the Game and a Ball just is not worth it especially if I already have a ball

# 18 fsufan4423 @ 06/28/12 10:50 AM
Throw in some NBA socks and a iPod to go with those buds and I'm on it.

# 19 jd@os @ 06/28/12 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
If you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it.

They aren't forcing it on anyone, it's just a special package for people who are interested. There's no need to sit here and pretend like them selling a special edition with some extra items is going to effect the amount of time they spend working on the game or the online servers.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

# 20 VDusen04 @ 06/28/12 11:00 AM
Even as a hardcore NBA 2K fan (and someone who plays real life basketball like it's going out of style), I find none of these extras to be appealing.

And bless 2K and their marketing staff doing and saying exactly what they're supposed to say but man, Argent's line, “This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last” wasn't exactly a exercise in subtly now was it. Of course, I say that light-heartedly as I know that's what he's supposed to say.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.