Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

The NBA Live 13 team "Live Tweeted" the rookie overall ratings for the first 21 players that were drafted.

Tomorrow at noon, they plan on releasing the overall ratings for the entire first round.

*UPDATE: The entire NBA Live 13 rookie ratings are up.

1. New Orleans Hornets: Kentucky forward Anthony Davis - 80
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Kentucky forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
3. Washington Wizards: Florida guard Bradley Beal - 76
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Syracuse guard Dion Waiters - 76
5. Sacramento Kings: Kansas forward Thomas Robinson - 77
6. Portland Trail Blazers: Weber State guard Damian Lillard - 74
7. Golden State Warriors: North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes - 76
8. Toronto Raptors: Washington guard Terrence Ross - 71
9. Detroit Pistons: Connecticut center Andre Drummond - 75
10. New Orleans Hornets: Duke guard Austin Rivers - 74
11. Portland Trail Blazers: Illinois center Meyers Leonard - 73
12. Houston Rockets: Connecticut guard Jeremy Lamb - 74
13. Phoenix Suns: North Carolina guard Kendall Marshall - 71
14. Milwaukee Bucks: North Carolina forward John Henson - 73
15. Philadelphia 76ers: St. John's forward Maurice Harkless - 71
16. Houston Rockets: Iowa State forward Royce White - 70
17. Cleveland Cavaliers (Trade from Dallas): North Carolina center Tyler Zeller - 74
18. Houston Rockets: Kentucky forward Terrence Jones - 73
19. Orlando Magic: St. Bonaventure forward Andrew Nicholson - 70
20. Denver Nuggets: French forward Evan Fournier - 68
21. Boston Celtics: Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger - 74
22. Boston Celtics: Syracuse center Fab Melo - 68
23. Atlanta Hawks: Vanderbilt guard John Jenkins - 67
24. Cleveland Cavaliers: Oregon State guard Jared Cunningham - 64
25. Memphis Grizzlies: Washington guard Tony Wroten Jr. - 69
26. Indiana Pacers: Duke forward Miles Plumlee - 61
27. Miami Heat: Mississippi St. forward Arnett Moultrie - 71
28. Oklahoma City Thunder: Baylor forward Perry Jones - 74
29. Chicago Bulls: Kentucky guard Marquis Teague - 68
30. Golden St. Warriors: Vanderbilt center Festus Ezeli - 65

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 06/29/12 12:15 PM
Updated OP w/ the entire first round ratings.

# 22 NoTiCe_O @ 06/29/12 12:36 PM
These ratings aren't that, if you translate them to school grades it doesn't seem so bad.

Anthony Davis - 80 = B-
Andre Drummond - 75 = C
Terrence Ross - 71 = C-

There's only one B in this entire lot of players, that's not high in my opinion. Considering the potential of some of these players its right on par.

# 23 beast10 @ 06/29/12 12:39 PM
Drummond is a bust there is no way he's gonna be anything in the NBA. His play in High School is why he stayed in the lotto and there is no way he will play like that in the NBA.
But NBA Live overrated every single rookie in this class and is exactly why I'm not buying this game.
SMH

# 24 Ermolli @ 06/29/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Drummond is a bust there is no way he's gonna be anything in the NBA. His play in High School is why he stayed in the lotto and there is no way he will play like that in the NBA.
But NBA Live overrated every single rookie in this class and is exactly why I'm not buying this game.
SMH
So you aren't buying a game just because of rookie ratings right?
I could understand not getting the game because they took things from Elite 11, because it's year 1 of a 3 year plan (again), because of EA's track record with this franchise but because of ratings? I can't believe it.

# 25 JerzeyReign @ 06/29/12 01:21 PM
If Davis is an 80, unless Live has changed their way of rating players, most of the stars in the league are 90 and above.

It is what it is though. Gotta see how they play out.

# 26 jhawk826 @ 06/29/12 01:35 PM
Everyone is rated way too high. Lower that by 10-15 points and you'd be more accurate.

# 27 Ermolli @ 06/29/12 02:02 PM
I know we shouldn't look much into overall ratings because they aren't that important and that those will change for the better during the season but those numbers are ridiculous comparing them with Live 10. The highest rated rookie in that game was Griffin with 78 but then the rest of the rookies in Live 10 are in the low 70's and 60's when with what we could see from this year's rookie ratings most first rounders are in the 70's and Davis with 80; he has the same rating that Granger and Allen had in Live 10, even he has a better overall than Lewis, Roy and West. Maybe the overall ratings' formula is different that year but I feel there has to be a bigger difference between unproved players in the NBA, solid players, All Stars and superstars.

# 28 gausec @ 06/29/12 02:19 PM
Not really sure about it, they seem high, but if they have the league rated the same way it should work. I Personally think a lot of the ratings are high actually but have been playing a lot of 2k and as people have said this is EA. I don't think we can judge it quite yet till the game is out. Don't judge a book by its cover. BTW who is on Live's cover??

# 29 beast10 @ 06/29/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
So you aren't buying a game just because of rookie ratings right?
I could understand not getting the game because they took things from Elite 11, because it's year 1 of a 3 year plan (again), because of EA's track record with this franchise but because of ratings? I can't believe it.
No I'm not buying it because the rookie ratings are to high.
It's just one of the reason I'm not.

# 30 Caveman24 @ 06/29/12 04:36 PM
I like the rating I do its solid I do feel like maybe some guys shouldve came down a notch like the project player like Drummond with load of athleticism but not production shouldve gotten maybe a solid 70 I think people are comparing these rating to 2ks thats not right and 2k updates everyday so maybe these guys yall complaining about will come down

# 31 Championships @ 06/29/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
Not really sure about it, they seem high, but if they have the league rated the same way it should work. I Personally think a lot of the ratings are high actually but have been playing a lot of 2k and as people have said this is EA. I don't think we can judge it quite yet till the game is out. Don't judge a book by its cover. BTW who is on Live's cover??
More than likely just LeBron, unless EA decides to put Bosh, Wade & LeBron on the cover together.

# 32 JODYE @ 06/29/12 07:14 PM
LeBron James will never be on a basketball game cover.

That has been addressed many times over. Not sure why people still bring that up.

# 33 Norris_Cole @ 06/29/12 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13.
LeBron James will never be on a basketball game cover.

That has been addressed many times over. Not sure why people still bring that up.
LeBron, is that you?

# 34 22cedric @ 06/30/12 03:51 AM
These ratings will probably change since NBA Live 13 is using that Synergy technology.

# 35 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/30/12 04:27 AM
I'm just happy to get some information on the game. I'm hungry for any NBA Live news right now. Like people have said, these will fluctuate throughout the season anyway. It's time they start showing us some videos of this thing in action though.

# 36 KSOR24 @ 06/30/12 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I like the rating I do its solid I do feel like maybe some guys shouldve came down a notch like the project player like Drummond with load of athleticism but not production shouldve gotten maybe a solid 70 I think people are comparing these rating to 2ks thats not right and 2k updates everyday so maybe these guys yall complaining about will come down
Ikr, people are making comparisons to 2K when everyone complained that 2K's ratings were inaccurate. They're fine. And it's not like EA doesn't make roster updates. We've never seen these guys step foot on an NBA court so some may deserve a higher rating and some may deserve a lower one. I think Synergy is a great way to create player ratings.

# 37 seanhazz1 @ 07/02/12 10:15 AM
At this point in the game, people just want something to bash about LIVE. I guess they feel that "OTHER" game gets it right all the time, such as online play, and roster updates. Just like they sure got ALL their player ratings down (Jeremy Lin) and update in a timely manner...or not. Let them (LIVE)breathe a bit and release other info and vids first.

...and to those that want to just edit rosters, I do believe they said thats not going to be possible except in exhibition play.

# 38 gatorbait49 @ 07/02/12 12:16 PM
You 2K fanboys are a joke

# 39 Paul Pierce_OS @ 07/02/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
At this point in the game, people just want something to bash about LIVE. I guess they feel that "OTHER" game gets it right all the time, such as online play, and roster updates. Just like they sure got ALL their player ratings down (Jeremy Lin) and update in a timely manner...or not. Let them (LIVE)breathe a bit and release other info and vids first.

...and to those that want to just edit rosters, I do believe they said thats not going to be possible except in exhibition play.
I edit 2k rosters so you can't say I don't know my stuff, 2ks ratings are worse then NBA Lives I'm not talking about overall ratings but individual ratings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 40 bumpyface @ 07/02/12 02:17 PM
Should we be excited about this draft stuff. How mahy years has EA had to develop a basketball game? Where are the videos of gameplay and improvements? You mean to tell me that after 2 years in the making, EA doesn't have any video to showcase their revamped basketball product. SMH. Listen people, don't go overboard because their posting stats for rookies. What good does the stats mean if the game is terrible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.