Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Due to concerns of the lack of field degradation (specifically on white jerseys) in the NCAA Football 13 demo, EA Sports has tweeted an image, showing it off in the game. For those of you not seeing any field degradation, it is likely tied to the quarter length.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sub9er @ 06/29/12 11:44 AM

I would like to see a screenshot in a sunny game in the last minutes of the 4th quarter on a grass field.

# 2 bpac55 @ 06/29/12 11:46 AM
Can someone who has twitter ask him to post a pic of the 2 bar qb revo speed facemask if it is in the game...if they want to ease some concerns!

# 3 BadAssHskr @ 06/29/12 11:48 AM
that looks really good.

the quality of the helmets really bring that player to life.

# 4 Pezell04x @ 06/29/12 11:49 AM

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/29/12 11:52 AM
Needs to be way dirtier then that to be honest. That looks like something you will only see if you actually zoom in on one player and not something you would see during the normal game play camera angle distance.

# 6 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 11:55 AM
What was wrong with the other thread? I think it looks good. Interesting timing though with Teambuilder being a total flop again this year, seems a little like damage control and trying to reel us back in.

# 7 merchant1874 @ 06/29/12 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Can someone who has twitter ask him to post a pic of the 2 bar qb revo speed facemask if it is in the game...if they want to ease some concerns!
done

10char

# 8 Pezell04x @ 06/29/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I guess this will end all the talk of it not being in the game.
Nah it'll make people even more mad because its not game play footage and could be from replay or something like that.

People are never happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 9 CHIEFxxROCKEM @ 06/29/12 12:11 PM
This is really uniform degradation not gield degradation

# 10 fincane @ 06/29/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Needs to be way dirtier then that to be honest. That looks like something you will only see if you actually zoom in on one player and not something you would see during the normal game play camera angle distance.
How dirty are guys really supposed to get in a non-rain game?

I like it. It looks like gradual buildup over the span of the game as opposed to these huge blotches of mud we would see on jerseys in the past.

# 11 seasprite @ 06/29/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
How dirty are guys really supposed to get in a non-rain game?

I like it. It looks like gradual buildup over the span of the game as opposed to these huge blotches of mud we would see on jerseys in the past.
My thoughts as well, this isnt the 80's and we have much better uniform material and a better quality field and grass. You dont really see that many mud bowls now a days.

# 12 sub9er @ 06/29/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
My thoughts as well, this isnt the 80's and we have much better uniform material and a better quality field and grass. You dont really see that many mud bowls now a days.
2010 Capital One Bowl Penn State vs LSU is the last one I remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOF5NHKpo8

# 13 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 01:05 PM
Then compare that to something like Stanford vs Cal just this past season.

That looks a lot like the screenshot and goes right along with most pictures from games played in the rain in the 2011-12 season. I think it looks great

# 14 BSchwartz07 @ 06/29/12 01:06 PM
I would like a game where the rain isn't constant and downpour for all four quarters... last I checked hurricanes don't hit Columbus Ohio 4 times a year...

# 15 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
I would like a game where the rain isn't constant and downpour for all four quarters... last I checked hurricanes don't hit Columbus Ohio 4 times a year...
That's true but I live in the basically the same geographic area as you and it can definitely downpour for a few hours in a row. Heck it's doing it right now in Illinois. I do think that weather should be more dynamic though as long as every game isn't only 1 quarter of random rain. Some games should be rain the entire way, some games should be a few quarters of rain. It would be really amazing to see a game have dynamic temp later in the rain and have the weather transition from snow to sleet to rain. That's rare, but that would be so cool.

# 16 seasprite @ 06/29/12 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9er
2010 Capital One Bowl Penn State vs LSU is the last one I remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOF5NHKpo8
Yeah, that field is pretty terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

# 17 DetroitStyle @ 06/29/12 01:23 PM
I really want to give props to all the OS peeps from the previous thread who tweeted and facebooked the devs to death. The result was that we FINALLY got a real screenshot of degredation on white jersey's.

# 18 LastExit @ 06/29/12 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Nah it'll make people even more mad because its not game play footage and could be from replay or something like that.

People are never happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Actually if that's a replay still image I'd be happier as the replays in the demo look terrible.

Glad to see that EA is addressing the issue.

# 19 LastExit @ 06/29/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I really want to give props to all the OS peeps from the previous thread who tweeted and facebooked the devs to death. The result was that we FINALLY got a real screenshot of degredation on white jersey's.
+1

Thanks to everyone who took the time to inquire about this issue.

# 20 BSchwartz07 @ 06/29/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
That's true but I live in the basically the same geographic area as you and it can definitely downpour for a few hours in a row. Heck it's doing it right now in Illinois. I do think that weather should be more dynamic though as long as every game isn't only 1 quarter of random rain. Some games should be rain the entire way, some games should be a few quarters of rain. It would be really amazing to see a game have dynamic temp later in the rain and have the weather transition from snow to sleet to rain. That's rare, but that would be so cool.
exactly! I mean yeah, it can rain for hours, but in an average season about half my games are downpour rain. To have weather "rolling in" would be nice. I actually attend every home Ohio State game, more than once last season what started out cold and rainy ended up sunny and hot by the 4th quarter.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.