Home
NHL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Software Engineer James Banting gives you a behind the scenes look at goalies in NHL 13. Goalies are powered by the all-new EA Sports Hockey IQ and feature goalie anticipation, complete limb movement and enhanced user goalie control.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 gopher_guy @ 07/09/12 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Sure sure some will say "Realm but Fifa wah wah wah" Soccer to me doesn't exist, doesn't even count as a blip to me.
tell us how you really feel, lol

# 22 Vikes1 @ 07/10/12 01:26 AM
Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong it's valid to think that way. We've gotten the "rebuild GM mode" line a time or two already as well the last few years. I guess I'm at the point where either they deliver the goods this year, or some of us really won't buy into the hype next year. This is their last chance to really knock it out of the park as far as I'm concerned.
Like you RealmK....I've been enjoying the game quite a bit the last several years too. But yeah, it's about time imo too, that EAC steps things up a ways with NHL '13'. As I've said a few times before, imo....the series kinda seems like it's lost some of it's momentum from a few years ago. So it'd be great to have the final product this year more closely match the hype this time around.

Personally....I'm not really looking for a home run outta '13'. But at least a stand up double would be nice.

# 23 Yeats @ 07/10/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Though again, I think they at least deserve the benefit of the doubt considering this series has been their best sports title this gen. Sure sure some will say "Realm but Fifa wah wah wah" Soccer to me doesn't exist, doesn't even count as a blip to me.
Well, considering soccer/football is the world's #1 sport, whereas hockey ranks somewhere between college baseball and bowling in popularity and fan support, I'd say the wah-wah FIFA crowd wins that argument hands down.

# 24 willias @ 07/10/12 12:41 PM
I have a good feeling about the new goalie system. Anyway, we will now for sure in two months.

# 25 I3RIS3H @ 07/10/12 10:28 PM
The new goalies and skating look awesome IMO. But, I really don't care how good these features are as long as the continual freezing is still in the game.

# 26 gopher_guy @ 07/10/12 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
When it comes to human goalies,...for NHL13, EA has struck out,argued about the call,and is about to be ejected from the game.
we get it, lol

# 27 Vikes1 @ 07/11/12 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
The new goalies and skating look awesome IMO. But, I really don't care how good these features are as long as the continual freezing is still in the game.
Very true.

I've recently had a few more lockups myself, and it is very frustrating.

Overall, I've been lucky with not having to deal with this very often with '12'. But I sure am hoping that with '13'....that game freezing is far less of an issue this time around, for seemingly so many.

# 28 brandon27 @ 07/11/12 04:34 PM
Looks good. Looks like its going to require a bit more effort to score this year. Just hope its not overdone to make goalies invincible.

# 29 Vikes1 @ 07/13/12 01:08 AM
Quote:
I've been lucky in that regard as well. 3 or 4 total lockups during a game total. One of which I knew the cause of. Pevs got injured, went back to the room, and for whatever reason was out on his next shift, second he touched the puck, lock.

I'm more interested in seeing if they worked out the whole GM loading freeze when signed into the EA servers. That was more annoying than anything else in the game this year for me.
My last freeze was while going through my off-season stuff. About halfway through the resigning phase....froze solid.

I've learned a valuable lesson though...even if '13' is reported to have very few freezing issues, from now on, especially during the off-season tasks...I'm going to manually save my GM mode after each couple of calender days. It's just too quick and easy to do...to not to. I mean man...it'd sure sux to say land a great RFA, then experience a freeze, and not get the guy the second time around. Lesson learned. Come back Lars Eller...come back!

# 30 gamerk2 @ 07/22/12 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Looks good. Looks like its going to require a bit more effort to score this year. Just hope its not overdone to make goalies invincible.
Remember NHL 03; averaged like 50+ shots a game, would win 2-1.

From the few vids I've seen, it looks like you really need to aim the open part of the net, as the Goalies seemed to do a VERY good job at saving the cross-ice. Withholding judgment till I get a chance to play a few hundred EASHL games though...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.