Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot, featuring Mean Joe Greene.

Source - Michael Young Twitter

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportjames23 @ 07/12/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Not being ungrateful, but Vintage player without vintage setting = useless imo. 2K12 at least threw in Vintage overlays and stadiums for the mode you used the guys in. Not AMAZING by any means, but a great start.
Yeah, it's a start. I would have loved having entire (or close to complete as possible) classic teams. And had the Madden equivalent of 2K's Jordan mode/Greatest mode. Can you imagine an Elway mode where you could replay The Drive? Or an Emmitt Smith mode where you replay the game against the Giants where his played with a dislocated shoulder?

# 22 mestevo @ 07/12/12 01:23 PM
It's going to be amazing playing some of these teams with them decked out in old style uniforms and equipment like this.

# 23 Duece @ 07/12/12 05:13 PM
This late in a generation, it shouldn't be a start.
Classic teams and stadiums should be in the game. Hell PS1 madden games had older stadiums like Three Rivers and the Astrodome.

# 24 RandyBass @ 07/12/12 05:15 PM
Man you guys are merciless. Do a quick google image search and you will see Mr. Greene didn't always wear the gear shown in that pick. Is the pic from EA "terrible"? No, but man, give the guy a break. SMH.

# 25 spacefunk @ 07/12/12 09:58 PM
Wow did I get flamed! But, I still stand by my earlier post. However, I'll amend it by saying that for MOST OF JOE GREENE'S CAREER he didn't wear a bunch of crap on his arms. That came much later. That's why I had the reaction I did when I first saw that pic on twitter. That's not how I would've made him for Madden because that's not how most fans remember him. He looked more like Gene Upshaw.

# 26 Gymbo-59 @ 07/12/12 10:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of playing with legends, but I may have to go with Mean Joe if I can get LT.

# 27 KingV2k3 @ 07/13/12 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Man you guys are merciless. Do a quick google image search and you will see Mr. Greene didn't always wear the gear shown in that pick. Is the pic from EA "terrible"? No, but man, give the guy a break. SMH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefunk
Wow did I get flamed! But, I still stand by my earlier post. However, I'll amend it by saying that for MOST OF JOE GREENE'S CAREER he didn't wear a bunch of crap on his arms. That came much later. That's why I had the reaction I did when I first saw that pic on twitter. That's not how I would've made him for Madden because that's not how most fans remember him. He looked more like Gene Upshaw.
Yeah, I'm not savvy re: dropping pics in threads, but google his Topps Football cards from back in the day and even his McFarlane figurines (along with a number of action stills)... Greene had very little tape / pads...

Personally, I remember him "with" and "without" ("with less" ?)...

As a result, I will recommend and support a communal "pumping of the brakes"...

# 28 Skyboxer @ 07/15/12 01:39 AM
I'd be more pumped if I knew he wouldn't get stonewalled
by "String Bean Wilson" OL rated 65..

Guess we'll see come August.

# 29 SteelerSpartan @ 07/15/12 02:01 AM

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.