Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot, featuring Ronnie Lott.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fsufan4423 @ 07/15/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Last year, they made a point of thumping their chests for getting green dots on the helmets, even acknowledging that most people wouldn't notice it, but saying they took the time to do it anyway because that's the standard that they want to hold themselves to -- 100% authenticity was what they said in the blogs. That was the goal. So, if 100% authenticity is what they are shooting for then why wouldn't an inaccurate facemask on one of the greatest players of all-time matter?
I agree! But are we bashing it just because we can, or....are we really mad because we want it, need it, can't play Madden without this facemask in the game, or sock length...ect.?

Not you....just in general

# 42 Senator Palmer @ 07/16/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I agree! But are we bashing it just because we can
I can't speak for the rest of my O.S. brethren, but genrally, by and large, when I see threads like these, I don't get the sense that anyone is harping on these issues because they can. You'll always see agendas start to show, but by and large the people who take the time to articulate what's wrong stay on subject.

As to the second part of your question:
Quote:
are we really mad because we want it, need it, can't play Madden without this facemask in the game, or sock length...ect.?
I don't think that's what's going on, either. To me, it's all about the standards that you set for yourself and your work. Madden is supposed to exemplify the highest of those, so it's about holding them accountable. When you are a craftsman, everything you do is about attention to detail, you love the details, you take pride in details. And the work that you put out for public consumption is very much a reflection on you and how you approach your job. There's a pride that you get from putting in the work and knowing that every inch of what you created is on point, that you didn't skimp or cut corners -- that when someone puts the disc in their system that they got the best you had to offer.

Conversely, if I buy a product with my hard earned money -- say a jersey for arguments sake -- and everything looks good; the colors pop, material has that new sheen to it, the fit is perfect, but then I get in close and there's loose stitching on the underarms, or an odd hanging thread at the bottom -- I'm taking that damn thing back and getting a refund, because I'm not paying for someone's sloppy work, and that's exactly what a lack of attention to detail says: it indicates someone who didn't care what they were creating, and I can promise you that's the last thing EA wants to represent.

That's why a facemask or a stripe on the sleeve is important. None of it breaks the game, but when those little things are blatantly wrong, it tells me how far you did or didn't go in building this product.

# 43 KANE699 @ 07/16/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I agree! But are we bashing it just because we can, or....are we really mad because we want it, need it, can't play Madden without this facemask in the game, or sock length...ect.?

Not you....just in general
The facemask is in the game it just hasn't been properly assigned to Lott.

# 44 PGaither84 @ 07/16/12 01:03 PM
EDIT: Well it looks like people already beat me too it, but here is my original post -

If this were a classic 1980'suniform, the stripes/sleeves would be correct, but this is the new Nike Uniform and the stripes are angled.

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index*...goryId=2237423

That is NOT a pro-cut jersey. It is a personalized "long sleeve." Look at the striping. That is how it would really look.

The stripes on the Pats are still wrong too. The white stripe is massive. It should be thin like the red stripes. The 1980's style had wide Red AND White stripes.

# 45 PGaither84 @ 07/16/12 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Yea its not like they got his gloves wrong....Ronnie Lott as a safety wore a huge facemask...it was intimidating and that is how I always recognized him on a card or on the field.

Here they just posted Justin Tuck's facemask...the most wild, different mask ever in the game so they do pay attention but when they post a pic of Ronnie Lott, one of the best safeties to play the game, with a basic 3 bar facemask that he never wore...yes we are going to notice it and we have every right to complain because it just makes EA look lazy. Why put all that work in to Tuck's mask then just throw a basic one on Lott.
This thread comes down to THIS post I quoted here.

People want their cake and to eat it too.

# 46 scoonie05 @ 07/16/12 02:19 PM
You can't please everybody. Some like it and some don't. I personally don't care what his facemask or Jersey looks like as long as he's in the game.....

# 47 scoonie05 @ 07/16/12 02:21 PM
You can't please everybody. Some like it and some don't. I personally don't care what his facemask or Jersey looks like as long as he's in the game.....

# 48 DiddyGotGrillz @ 07/16/12 02:31 PM
I have to admit - I agree with my Bengals brethren @Senator Palmer.

Maybe the reason why I could care less that they put "Legends" in the game is because they aren't 100% authentic. Would it be cool to play with a guy rocking' the 1981 shoulder pads and helmet (with the three-bar face ask)? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Is it cool playing with "Ronnie Lott" that is wearing a new jersey and all the standard new equipment? Eh, not so much. If I want to do that I'll just create myself.

# 49 BigD @ 07/16/12 02:39 PM
One of my favorite players of all-time. The wrong facemask alone, is why the lack of editing is going to kill me. Only if EA knew what the little things were. 2K basketball with their legends feature is down-right outstanding. Only if, only if...

# 50 KANE699 @ 07/16/12 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
I have to admit - I agree with my Bengals brethren @Senator Palmer.

Maybe the reason why I could care less that they put "Legends" in the game is because they aren't 100% authentic. Would it be cool to play with a guy rocking' the 1981 shoulder pads and helmet (with the three-bar face ask)? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Is it cool playing with "Ronnie Lott" that is wearing a new jersey and all the standard new equipment? Eh, not so much. If I want to do that I'll just create myself.
They actually did put in a lot of old school equipment, Ronnie Lott's facemask is still around today and still used.

# 51 PGaither84 @ 07/16/12 03:32 PM
I think he might be talking about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
In fact, a quick google search of 1981 Ronnie Lott yielded these 2 pictures, one is a game worn helmet and the other is a Super Bowl picture.

I am just glad they look a LOT better than Madden 12's MUT legends. Those were a joke.

I hope you guys finally get Justin Smith's face in the game.

# 52 DiddyGotGrillz @ 07/16/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I think he might be talking about this:

I am just glad they look a LOT better than Madden 12's MUT legends. Those were a joke.

I hope you guys finally get Justin Smith's face in the game.
Thanks. I was.

# 53 DickDalewood @ 07/17/12 08:14 AM
Beautiful. I love all these individual screens we're getting this year.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.