Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC will be developed by the Fight Night development team, at EA Canada.

The development team will be lead by Team and Action Sports General Manager, Dean Richards (Fight Night, NHL, SSX) and Creative Director, Brian Hayes.

What do you think about this move?

Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SHAKYR @ 09/25/12 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-Mac
I don't have high hopes about this. UFC 3 was far from perfect and still it was THQ's third try. This will be EA's first release and usually it takes time to develop good game. Look what NBA Live has become, I just don't see this one having a great result. I wish I'd have SIMULATION UFC game, and usually EA has managed to turn sports games more to ARCADE type.
EA doesn't think sim/realistic fighting games will sell well. They always say the Casual market is their priority. They love to try to force fans of a certain sport accept the arcadish garbage they hand off as sim/realistic.

Fight Night has lost many fans because it will not go the sim route. The game sold horribly in it's last outing. The game just didn't truly capture the sport's depth realistically.

# 62 bigbob @ 09/25/12 03:53 PM
What I really like about this is that it probably means we won't be forced to retire after a certain amount of fights now. By THQ's standards, Anderson Silva would have to retire after 2-years and Carlos Condit would have to retire a little before him.

# 63 SHAKYR @ 09/25/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
What I really like about this is that it probably means we won't be forced to retire after a certain amount of fights now. By THQ's standards, Anderson Silva would have to retire after 2-years and Carlos Condit would have to retire a little before him.
Don't get too happy yet. You don't know what kind of retirement system the Devs will have in place.

# 64 bigbob @ 09/25/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Don't get too happy yet. You don't know what kind of retirement system the Devs will have in place.
That's why I said probably.

The last Fight Night I played, you weren't forced to retire. Your stats just continued to diminish once you got to a certain age and you were forced to train harder.

# 65 LingeringRegime @ 09/25/12 05:53 PM
I think the game will be decent. I enjoyed EA's MMA game more than all of THQ's entries.

# 66 Phobia @ 09/27/12 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I think the game will be decent. I enjoyed EA's MMA game more than all of THQ's entries.
So did I, I just found the THQ product slightly more balanced for the online arena where EA MMA in typical EA fashion had plenty of "cheese". Anyone remember hook spam with Fedor lol

I did like plenty of things about the EA game more though

1) Online fight cards where others could watch fights
2) Stick striking with button grapple !!
3) MUCH better submission system
4) Flash KOs felt better
5) movement system had some speed to it
6) Head sways felt really natural

If they can get the fluid nature of MMA with their stick striking & button grapple I think it could be great. They just have to balance everything really good and I could see it being best MMA game ever.

# 67 IowaAJ @ 10/02/12 03:31 PM
I would like to see them use a similar stand up game that was used in UFC Undisputed games but a similar ground game to EA's MMA. That would make the most realistic game.

# 68 CaliDude916 @ 12/16/12 04:41 AM
I'm hyped for this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.