Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 I3RIS3H @ 07/19/12 04:01 PM
I think the no charge on uniforms really stands out.

# 42 bg1906 @ 07/19/12 04:04 PM
What about the OL not turning up field when they pull or letting players cross their face with no effort to block.

# 43 Steve_OS @ 07/19/12 04:07 PM
Clarification.

https://twitter.com/JDewiel/status/226044568330702848

Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

# 44 GhostWriter99 @ 07/19/12 04:08 PM
It said that it will fix the dynasty freeze when the game is loading. What about the freeze when the team is celebrating right after winning??????

How does a game get released with this many errors in it? These guys have no idea how to make a good, solid football game.

The uniform updater better be free because they already stole 60 dollars from me.

# 45 booker21 @ 07/19/12 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I'd like to think this goes along with the "Updated Zone Defense"
Hopefully, Sad EA was not more in detail about this fixing the Safety play covering Deep..

# 46 bcruise @ 07/19/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I am really not sure they can just patch the CPU option up (if that is what you are referring to).

I wish they could, but I think this is gonna have to be a "brand new feature" one of these years that they will have to spend a lot of time going in, scrapping a lot of old code, and starting from scratch in order to get some semblance of a realistic, working option game
You might be right, although I had hopes that the AI's behavior was something that a patch or tuner could fix. But if it's a matter of the decision-making code just making the wrong decisions (as opposed to the player ratings causing them to make wrong decisions) then yeah, a patch or tuner probably isn't going to do much good.

I will say the uniform store seems like a nice addition, if only for the post-release support. Aside from the free updated ones, what sort of uniforms will they be charging for, out of curiosity?

No mention of that wonky animation glitch/post-play freeze that happens to one player on the field either...something tells me they're having a hard time re-creating that one.

# 47 Sublime12089 @ 07/19/12 04:21 PM
I am having fun with the game's new dynasty features but the timetable on the gameplay patch is disappointing.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

# 48 merchant1874 @ 07/19/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Clarification.

https://twitter.com/JDewiel/status/226044568330702848

Why can't they still just come out and say they will charge for additional uniforms that aren't default or wrong?

So from this wording are we concluding that some extra uniforms will have a cost?

I don't mind either way I just can't stand the question dodging.

# 49 shttymcgee @ 07/19/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Another month of people bitching. Brilliant.
So you think it's ok that you can call 2 verticals to one side of the field on every play and easily move the ball against the cpu?

# 50 bcruise @ 07/19/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Why can't they still just come out and say they will charge for additional uniforms that aren't default or wrong?

So from this wording are we concluding that some extra uniforms will have a cost?

I don't mind either way I just can't stand the question dodging.
I would say that calling it a "store" implies that there are going to be uniforms that they will charge for.

# 51 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 04:27 PM
Interesting, I'll have to try the create a new save workaround, I'm pretty sure I tried it and it didn't work. My concern is that EA doesn't understand the multiple crash causes and will only fix one bug instead of the many there are

# 52 DorianDonP @ 07/19/12 04:35 PM
So it looks like I won't be buying 13 until August.

I like the idea of the uniform store.

# 53 DorianDonP @ 07/19/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
Interesting, I'll have to try the create a new save workaround, I'm pretty sure I tried it and it didn't work. My concern is that EA doesn't understand the multiple crash causes and will only fix one bug instead of the many there are
Yeah it doesn't sound as if they are addressing the claims that you have to play games in the wrong order (late games first, early games last) so that the studio update doesn't crash/freeze the game.

# 54 roadman @ 07/19/12 04:37 PM
At least there was communication this year and a bit over a week.

# 55 coogrfan @ 07/19/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
No they didn't. They said updates and fixes to the default jerseys will be free. This is a specific limitation implying that there will be jerseys that won't fit that definition that will not be free.
Agreed. Based on today's release plus the stuff we heard last week I would say:
  • any school's getting new base uni's that didn't make the mid-April cutoff (Arky, Vandy, Rutgers, Mizzou, TAMU, SMU, possibly others) will be free;
  • any uni currently in the game that gets corrected will be free;
  • anything else EA sees fit to release (be it throwbacks, Pro Combats, Wounded Warrior unis, etc.) will be made available for purchase in packs as the season unfolds. Ben Haumiller stated previously that EA has received info on a substantial number of uni's that haven't been made public yet. It's my belief that EA will not release any such uni's until after they are revealed by the schools themselves.

# 56 Rasco11 @ 07/19/12 04:53 PM
Uniform updates will be great! Even if some pro combats or alternates would be $ dlc. At least they dont have to be physically on the disc like years prior!

Im happy to hear they'll address some of the AI stuff, but it is kind of disappointing that the game doesn't play similar (ex. Zone D) to last years out of the box, especially when it feels almost identical aside from new catching animations. Seems like it should pickup and improve where it left off?!? Seems like we're needing many of the same fixes to be patched year after year. I wish the new defender coverage AI that they teased in an earlier developer video was thoroughly tested and implemented correctly out of the box. Not trying to be overly negative, i swear...but it comes off as sloppy. Hopefully implementation and enhancements to the next gen versions go much smoother?

# 57 LionsFanNJ @ 07/19/12 05:03 PM
I'm glad the uniform store is coming. I can't wait to gt my hands on the new Rutgers kits, and I would be willing to pay for unis. Just about the only thing DLC I would pay for. When's the uniform store opening, anyone know yet? Did Justin say?

Also like seeing the zone fixes. Until that patch though I'm perfectly content with the game. Had more fun in the time I've played this year than I did a lot last year. The passing game is addictive. And I can finally run my offense the way I want.

I would like to see an increase in pressure of the edges though for the most part I'm not stressing.

All that worries me is that us playing without the tunar may make things fubar when the patch drops. Hopefully its not.

I'm also going to LOL when the dynasty patch drops and people claim to see gameplay fixes.

# 58 BenGerman @ 07/19/12 05:05 PM
As long as EA doesn't charge a ton for jerseys, I don't mind paying for newer stuff at all.

# 59 pj_28 @ 07/19/12 05:05 PM
Disappointed that option D isn't on the list, and that none of the bullet points will be fixed till late august. Very disheartening.

# 60 roadman @ 07/19/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
Disappointed that option D isn't on the list, and that none of the bullet points will be fixed till late august. Very disheartening.
It takes two weeks for certification, which means 3 more weeks to get the patch out.

The game has been out a week, I think that is pretty quick with the certification process.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.