Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Holy hell. I've frozen once at quarter changes. Is there anyone else with your amount of crashing/freezing? The game is certainly not alpha, that is exaggerating. At some point you may have to start looking at your system. I know my slim sometimes acts up with EA, which always gives me the shivers of thinking it will fail on me.

Or like other people, you can stick your figures in your ears, stick out your tongue and make noises. Also don't forget to call me an EA shill or whatever.

two different xbox systems, which rarely crash with other games. i've determined the different loading bug crashes by virtue of testing the game in different scenarios (like finding out that game A has a studio update in game B, playing game A will crash, but playing game B and then A won't)

also the game didn't nearly crash as much during the first 4 years of dynasty, there could be a roster corruption issue - blackbox testing is good for find issues quickly, but not for providing any insight into the problems

software that crashes this much IS alpha quality

# 82 SteelerSpartan @ 07/19/12 06:59 PM
Over or Under $100 for the total game with all Jerseys???

Im surprised so many people are willing to go along with this....Im so sick of the DLC take over this gen

# 83 sub9er @ 07/19/12 07:00 PM
light colored uniforms not degrading stadium lights aren't on unless is at really low angle the grass looks terrible ps3

# 84 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Im surprised so many people are willing to go along with this....Im so sick of the DLC take over this gen
they won't get a dime off me if the 7/31 patch doesn't fix the crashes

# 85 Ferweezy @ 07/19/12 07:01 PM
Why the main patch in Late August? By that time I'll be playing madden in probably won't touch NCAA 13 for 2 months.

# 86 Scott @ 07/19/12 07:03 PM
Is everyone forgetting this?
Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

# 87 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
Why the main patch in Late August? By that time I'll be playing madden in probably won't touch NCAA 13 for 2 months.
they've carried a large portion of the code base through 10 years, it's obvious the 10 month dev cycle (aug-may) isn't enough anymore with the brittle dynasty engine

ideally they'll build NCAA for PS4/Nextbox from the ground up, but that's doubtful

# 88 Colt45 @ 07/19/12 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

$45 for the game
$0 for all the jerseys that should have been in the game that are in real life
----
$45 for the total game with all the jerseys that you should expect to have in a game for the 2012 college football season.

So, under. I'll take the under.

# 89 bdt52 @ 07/19/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Holy hell. I've frozen once at quarter changes. Is there anyone else with your amount of crashing/freezing? The game is certainly not alpha, that is exaggerating. At some point you may have to start looking at your system. I know my slim sometimes acts up with EA, which always gives me the shivers of thinking it will fail on me.

Or like other people, you can stick your figures in your ears, stick out your tongue and make noises. Also don't forget to call me an EA shill or whatever.
I have to disagree with you, friend. The game has very serious freezing issues all at various points which what seems for different reasons. He didn't mention freezes from using teambuilder which EA advised me to not use. I have to agree with him, I hope the updates are to focus on fixing the crashing issues first and foremost. Uniform shop and everything else looks great but I'd like it 100% playable first.

# 90 fatsportsfan23 @ 07/19/12 07:10 PM
Quick question. My dynasty games have been freezing during half time, will the first update fix this? It does not exactly match the scenario EA Sports provided so I was not sure if it will. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

# 91 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsportsfan23
Quick question. My dynasty games have been freezing during half time, will the first update fix this? It does not exactly match the description EA Sports provided so I was not sure if it will. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
they basically gave as little information as possible (to try to stem a sales slowdown?), based on the "workaround" they provided, it seems the scope of the first patch is very narrow to two bugs and they won't be fixing other crashes

but since everything from EA is in the form of marketing delivery, it's hard to tell

# 92 LionsFanNJ @ 07/19/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Is everyone forgetting this?
No, it doesn't adhere to the agenda.

# 93 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
No, it doesn't adhere to the agenda.
LOL, there is NO agenda, everyone is on this forum because they care about this game and they WANT IT TO BE GREAT.

time and time again, EA drops the ball, of course people are going to be cynical, when EA releases a buggy game and the day after tells you about how great the reviews are and that you can buy DLC, of course it pisses people off

so 9 days after the game is out, 3 weeks after review copies went out, over a month since it went gold, EA says

"hay guys we're fixing a bug in two weeks, and the august patch is going to let you buy more uniforms to give us money!!! oh yea, thanks for alpha testing our game!"

the fact that you're getting a handful of free uniforms doesn't really sit well, and it shouldn't

# 94 SteelerSpartan @ 07/19/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
$45 for the game
$0 for all the jerseys that should have been in the game that are in real life
----
$45 for the total game with all the jerseys that you should expect to have in a game for the 2012 college football season.

So, under. I'll take the under.
Well the guys who couldn't get it off Amazon have to start at $60....Plus pay for the Amazon Pre-Order Exclusives Uni's

We'll see though....I still think its ridiculous to ask people to pay for jersey's when the game is still in the shape it is today

And I just don't blame EA for this....across the video game landscape, nearly everybody tries to milk it....and I think the quality of games this gen has suffered because of it

# 95 eagskerfan @ 07/19/12 07:40 PM
Quote:

Dude, there is a 29 page post about the freezing in the forums, I'm sure all those people have something wrong with their machines. It's a huge problem with the game this year. I'm sure your machine is the only one with absolutely nothing wrong with it. This is a consol game, it shouldn't matter with the machine, they all pretty much do the same exact thing.

# 96 der juicen @ 07/19/12 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdt52
I have to disagree with you, friend. The game has very serious freezing issues all at various points which what seems for different reasons. He didn't mention freezes from using teambuilder which EA advised me to not use. I have to agree with him, I hope the updates are to focus on fixing the crashing issues first and foremost. Uniform shop and everything else looks great but I'd like it 100% playable first.

I'm not saying the game doesn't freeze. It's frozen on me before in my dynasty. Something ends up corrupting the save, it only happens when I quit out of an on going game. I hope the patch fixes these important things. However, the people complaining that their favorite pet complaint isn't on the list a so damn annoying. They have plenty on that list and everyone knows damn well that they can't patch everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
Dude, there is a 29 page post about the freezing in the forums, I'm sure all those people have something wrong with their machines. It's a huge problem with the game this year. I'm sure your machine is the only one with absolutely nothing wrong with it. This is a consol game, it shouldn't matter with the machine, they all pretty much do the same exact thing.
Thanks for getting a little angry! I guess we can rule out every single persons system because this is a console game. How about we focus on what EA is trying to do to fix it. It looks like they are trying!

# 97 eagskerfan @ 07/19/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
And by the way I'm 54-13 so obviously "I don't know what I'm doing". Streaks are open every time in man. Period.
No, they aren't. If they were, then you should be 67-0.

# 98 justblaze09 @ 07/19/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'm glad the uniform store is coming. I can't wait to gt my hands on the new Rutgers kits, and I would be willing to pay for unis. Just about the only thing DLC I would pay for. When's the uniform store opening, anyone know yet? Did Justin say?
The uniform store is coming in late August with the 2nd patch.

# 99 lost1 @ 07/19/12 07:45 PM
And still nothing about the white jerseys getting dirty. 3 years now ea 3 years straight. wow. thanks alot.

# 100 der juicen @ 07/19/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
No, they aren't. If they were, then you should be 67-0.
I wish my streaks were open all the time. Well, I guess I might run too much so I never think about using a play that someone thinks is cheese. If you think it is such cheese, don't use that play? I remember back in '10 with the pump-fake cheese, I had to beat a guy who did nothing but that the whole game. It's not hard.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.