Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 kestrel @ 07/20/12 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm sorry but i don't buy this... so it's our fault because we buy a new product when it's released? How does that excuse them using us as beta testers? The fact is they shouldn't leave in such obvious issues (considering people flip the game on and 5 minutes in find these bugs) and wait for us to point them out before they pick and choose which ones to fix. It shouldn't take us playing the game and saying the game freezes for them to notice the problem and decide to fix it. Their testers shouldn't notice that problem and they should find a way to fix it prior to release.

Just because we buy the new product every year on release day doesn't excuse them from releasing it with such obvious bugs.
I think you're both right.

I find the old adage of feeding a wild animal to be analogous. If you keep feeding it, it forgets how to hunt.

Buying the game first day is feeding the wild animal that is Tiburon, as a result, they appear to have forgotten how to hunt for these bugs themselves. Reading some of the bug reports begs the question for me, "Do they play the game themselves?"

I can understand a severely bugged game one year, maybe even a consecutive year, but if they release a game with the severity of bugs such as this year after year (and some of the same bugs year after year, some of which they had previously fixed in one patch or another) and the same people buy it and complain about it year after year, I don't think you can clearly place the blame solely at the feet of one side or the other. Of course, you know what else they say? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

So then, how many times can you stand to be fooled? And who should feel ashamed after the nth time?

# 122 PowerofRed25 @ 07/20/12 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I'm hoping a lot of these patches to the man and zone defense fix some of the issues I have with the option game and blocking.

For some reason I feel like part of the problem is that the line gets confused by the defense. Maybe this patch will fix those issues.

The EA locker room for jerseys is awesome.

I bash EA a lot but I give them props for trying to address some of our concerns. I just wish we could get the patch sooner.
I have the same hopes, but they aren't high. The option glitch has been around since the patches last year, they either know about it and don't know how to fix it or they know about it and don't care. Toss up as to which is correct. Maybe some tweaks to zone defense fixes it, as the option glitch only really affects zone defense, but if they couldn't fix it during the development cycle, don't get hopes up.

As for patching man and zone defense, I am going to guess people will be regretting it afterwards. Man defense works just fine and zone defense only needs the slightest of reaction time/acceleration tweaks in deep shell zones.

This is the first NCAA game where I've been fairly pleased with the play on the field but completely disappointed by just about everything off the field. A few things need tweaking, specifically the option on both sides of the ball and some random glitches, but otherwise the game is as serviceable as it has ever been.

# 123 MNHuskerman @ 07/20/12 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWriter99
It said that it will fix the dynasty freeze when the game is loading. What about the freeze when the team is celebrating right after winning??????

How does a game get released with this many errors in it? These guys have no idea how to make a good, solid football game.

The uniform updater better be free because they already stole 60 dollars from me.
This! EA just doesn't give a rip about the NCAA Football series and it shows.

# 124 THE YAMA @ 07/20/12 12:55 AM
This is just great news! I'm extremely excited for the uniform updates!

# 125 Skulletor @ 07/20/12 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE YAMA
This is just great news! I'm extremely excited for the uniform updates!
new guy from orlando? no comment
welcome

# 126 qdog @ 07/20/12 01:27 AM
people that are complaining have the right to, with all the bugs from last year you would think that this game would work out the box instead we have to wait a month and a half for a fixed game we paid for in july. personally i think this is ridiculous and not professional on EA sports behalf. the zone defense is really bad and safeties give up touchdowns all the time no matter if you have the right defense called, didnt run into to many freezing issues but i feel for those who do.. there should be no patches after release if you are going to charge 65$ for the game, we should have a game that works properly. the ncaa team should be fired and bring in new faces and ideas.

And whats kiling me, people talking about they happy the game is gettin a patch, the game shouldnt need a patch especially two of them after ten days.............. C'mon man

# 127 MrBawsT @ 07/20/12 02:16 AM
Please patch Strafe in RTG or give us the option to use strafe instead of reaction time. Playing WR, CB and SS is harder without strafe. It's harder to intercept the football too.

# 128 roadman @ 07/20/12 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdog
people that are complaining have the right to, with all the bugs from last year you would think that this game would work out the box instead we have to wait a month and a half for a fixed game we paid for in july. personally i think this is ridiculous and not professional on EA sports behalf. the zone defense is really bad and safeties give up touchdowns all the time no matter if you have the right defense called, didnt run into to many freezing issues but i feel for those who do.. there should be no patches after release if you are going to charge 65$ for the game, we should have a game that works properly. the ncaa team should be fired and bring in new faces and ideas.

And whats kiling me, people talking about they happy the game is gettin a patch, the game shouldnt need a patch especially two of them after ten days.............. C'mon man
No yearly sports game that I've owned has never not had a patch. It's the age we live in with yearly sports game.

6 weeks isn't that bad with the two weeks it sits with Sony and MS.

# 129 jsou4646 @ 07/20/12 02:36 AM
FIX THE FG LOGIC ON THE HEISMAN LEVEL!

# 130 ju1092 @ 07/20/12 03:35 AM
Hopefully the responsiveness of the User Catch/User Swat is fixed in these. PLEEEEEEEEASE fix this, EA.

# 131 der juicen @ 07/20/12 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Read the post above this one.

I stand by it and don't care if you buy it or not. It is literally like this EVERY SINGLE YEAR. They release a game that needs work. We're in the age of patches fixing problems with games and have been for quite some time. I don't know why people get so surprised over this. And you're right, it doesn't excuse them from putting a buggy game, but do you realize that many people haven't experienced these same bugs?

So while I won't excuse EA, I won't let the consumers off of the hook who continuously buy the game on or near release every year. Maybe if fewer people did that, they might get privy to the fact that people don't want the iteration of the game when it is first released.

All I am saying is wake up. That's not giving EA a pass, but wake up. It is like this every year and we see the same threads every year. If this game is so buggy and terrible, wait until the patches drop and then make a buying decision.

Common sense... It's what tells me if I don't want to be a victim and play the "beta tester" card, I will wait until the game is strengthened through patches. Life is much too short to get upset over this, especially when it has been happening for what, five or six years now?
Hey look, someone who f'in gets it. The thing is, I think a lot of these users enjoy complaining and bashing EA. It gives them something to do, makes them feel superior to others, gives them that "thang" that they are missing from their life. It's well and easy to bash the developers of this video game. It's a shame a good majority doesn't believe these people are most likely putting in major overtime so their mouth-breathing consumers can have a product above and beyond working order.

I would hate to be a developer. I hardly see them ever get any kind of praise.

It's crazy to look through this thread and all of the new requests that seem more like demands that everyone is making. Everyone forgets that EA, more specifically Tiburion, doesn't have to patch a damn thing if they don't want to.

I wonder why the developers don't regularly pop in to have Q and A's. Or why Gamechangers don't talk more than they do. If you merely mention EA or any of its' production companies, you're labeled one of their shills, bleary eyed supporters, etc.

# 132 Real Talk @ 07/20/12 06:54 AM
Good to see them patch the game so soon, hopefully with this uniform store we don't have to wait for patches for new uniforms and we get them as they are worn.

# 133 der juicen @ 07/20/12 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Talk
Good to see them patch the game so soon, hopefully with this uniform store we don't have to wait for patches for new uniforms and we get them as they are worn.
That's how it is looking. I cannot wait to use Vandy's new uniforms. For free, to boot!

# 134 HARTSTOPPER @ 07/20/12 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Hey look, someone who f'in gets it. The thing is, I think a lot of these users enjoy complaining and bashing EA. It gives them something to do, makes them feel superior to others, gives them that "thang" that they are missing from their life. It's well and easy to bash the developers of this video game. It's a shame a good majority doesn't believe these people are most likely putting in major overtime so their mouth-breathing consumers can have a product above and beyond working order.

I would hate to be a developer. I hardly see them ever get any kind of praise.

It's crazy to look through this thread and all of the new requests that seem more like demands that everyone is making. Everyone forgets that EA, more specifically Tiburion, doesn't have to patch a damn thing if they don't want to.

I wonder why the developers don't regularly pop in to have Q and A's. Or why Gamechangers don't talk more than they do. If you merely mention EA or any of its' production companies, you're labeled one of their shills, bleary eyed supporters, etc.
Sometimes i wish they just wouldnt release a patch. When they release a patch it fixes an issue and breaks a feature. Also when the issue is fixed, we the "customer" assume that whatever was patched in the previous version would be fully functional now. However that isnt always the case, even more so now than ever.

So if they were to not release a patch i could gladly step away from the series due to a lack ownership by EA. Instead, i keep shelling out money on empty promises of fixed this or revamped that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

# 135 Major9 @ 07/20/12 07:31 AM
Guess I wont be playing anymore since no mention of fixing the responsiveness of the User Catch/User Swat. Other than that this was a great game to me...huge mistake by not fixing this though.

# 136 JayD @ 07/20/12 07:33 AM
late August.......really? Well looks like I'll never get to see how the game is after patch being that Madden comes out then#trade in

# 137 der juicen @ 07/20/12 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
late August.......really? Well looks like I'll never get to see how the game is after patch being that Madden comes out then#trade in
Thanks for you important information. I will really, really miss you. I'm torn up inside, really.

Also, you were going to trade it in anyway for Madden. Much like a good portion of NCAA users, which is by far one of the stupidest wastes of money. I'm glad some people have disposable incomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Sometimes i wish they just wouldnt release a patch. When they release a patch it fixes an issue and breaks a feature. Also when the issue is fixed, we the "customer" assume that whatever was patched in the previous version would be fully functional now. However that isnt always the case, even more so now than ever.

So if they were to not release a patch i could gladly step away from the series due to a lack ownership by EA. Instead, i keep shelling out money on empty promises of fixed this or revamped that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Well next year, stick to your guns and don't buy it. People complain and go in knowing well enough that they may get a game that will need patching. And to Major9, what user catch problem? I tend to only user catch my deep balls and haven't had a problem. Same with swats.

# 138 shttymcgee @ 07/20/12 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
This can be fixed with a ratings edit to the players. The a large reason for why it it doesn't work is because the QB doesn't make the right decision (awareness rating) and that the blockers are too underrated (run blocking and impact blocking ratings).

BUT, THE MAIN REASON why it doesn't work is because every single reciever on option teams have a 44 run blocking and 44 impact blocking. What happens? The recievers don't block the cornerbacks like they should during the triple option.

Why EA continues to overlook the recievers job (blocking the cornerback/holding the block) during the option is baffling.
Most option teams block the safeties with their wr, not the corners. Not that they block the safeties either. It's kind of hard to take a complaint about the option serious though when the main problem with the triple option plays is that there is no triple option in the game, its all loaded. What this means is there is no true dive read, everyone is blocked up front. This is not what a true triple option is. A few of the gun triple option plays are blocked properly, but there is no true veer option plays in the game.

# 139 shttymcgee @ 07/20/12 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju1092
Hopefully the responsiveness of the User Catch/User Swat is fixed in these. PLEEEEEEEEASE fix this, EA.
The responsiveness of those animations deal with whether or not the player is looking at the ball. The user should not be able to swat, imo, if he is not looking at the ball. They seemed smoother to me when the db had his head turned, but when in a trail position is when you see the delay.

# 140 trigga58 @ 07/20/12 11:16 AM
Its great they are fixing a set if problems instead of every problem
Huge patches have crippled games even worse in the past! I think Skyrim had one.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.