Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 LionsFanNJ @ 07/22/12 12:37 PM
Some people are leading to believe the hieght of the RB is what causes the shotgun counter plays to be blown dead. Shorter HBs have their knee hit the ground at the handoff animation or something like that.

# 162 brandon27 @ 07/22/12 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirt
Can someone tell me how to rename an offline dynasty file? EA says that's a workaround for the freezing issues but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I see now how to rename - but I couldn't get into the dynasty to do it. I was freezing when loading the dynasty. I deleted my custom playbook and now I can get in FWIW.

EDIT 2 - I created another save file (which I assume is what is meant by "renaming"), and then I tried to play the game and it froze at the loading screen. lol
Week 11 always gets me, following by Week 13. My week 11 game, I tried the re-save work around, it worked just fine. Now my week 13 game, freezes on load screen, I've resaved and overwritten, resaved and renamed, still freezes. So... I'm stuck. It's a rivalry game too... So if I set it to spectator mode, then take control of my team in the game, I wont get the trophy on my profile if I win. Awesome...

July 31 can't come soon enough, and to be honest, its too far away.

# 163 loonsluv @ 07/22/12 02:41 PM
I'm sure they've made a ton of money off this game so far, but hopefully enough people didn't purchase it from the get go, and now with all the issues are showing EA either release a good ready to go title or feel it in the pockets.

# 164 MrRudy @ 07/22/12 03:12 PM
May be finished with the game for awhile after today. I'm usually an optimist. it'll be ok... "I still have fun playing the game"

Since the rosters came out, I've been plugging away at my dynasty you can see in my signature. Finished up season 1, ready to give OS a big update while I take my time in the offseason. (Going to be a busy week with work)

What do I get? The number one team has 11 games, there are no BCS games listed under bowl week and when I try to sim past bowl week... it just locks up. I saw this as a fix for AUGUST.

Now I'm gun shy on starting another dynasty and I was super into my squad.

By the way, before I see the message, I have a backup file... tried simming that to the end of the season to no avail, same garbage.

# 165 aspengc8 @ 07/22/12 03:17 PM
So no update on incorrect blocking assIgnments for the triple opt and 50% of the broken run plays out of flex and wingbone?

# 166 DJ @ 07/22/12 03:23 PM
I played one game of a test Dynasty and man, I could barely get through the game. Very sluggish menus and a lot of slowdown (almost to the point of freezing) in-game. This is on PS3.

I wonder if you played Dynasty offline (no connection to the Internet) would help things at all?

I think I'll just continue to play Exhibition games and test sliders until the first patch drops and see if that helps things.

# 167 KG @ 07/22/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
This can be fixed with a ratings edit to the players. The a large reason for why it it doesn't work is because the QB doesn't make the right decision (awareness rating) and that the blockers are too underrated (run blocking and impact blocking ratings).

BUT, THE MAIN REASON why it doesn't work is because every single reciever on option teams have a 44 run blocking and 44 impact blocking. What happens? The recievers don't block the cornerbacks like they should during the triple option.

Why EA continues to overlook the recievers job (blocking the cornerback/holding the block) during the option is baffling.
Maybe EA needs to devote some resources into ratings and what they mean/how they affect the game. There are a lot of AI issues but oversll thr consensus is that SOME things can be rectified via ratings adjustments.

I remember a few years back when one of the producers didn't even know what the Awareness rating affected.

# 168 gtalton29 @ 07/22/12 06:56 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE SKILL LEVEL ONLINE. IS THERE GOING TO BE ANY CHANGES MADE WITH THAT???? IM ABOUT FED UP WITH IT. I AM CURRENTLY 34-10 AND I AM STILL ON LEVEL 1 SKILL LEVEL. ITS RIDICULOUS. I'VE BEATEN TOP PLAYERS AS WELL.

# 169 BlackDragon1 @ 07/22/12 08:30 PM
Uni store sounds tight now if only we can get an equipment store to edit and change all the equipment on our players in offline dynasty that would be really helpful!

# 170 fcboiler87 @ 07/22/12 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Menus have been a complaint of mine for years. Makes everything worse because it slows everything down. It shouldn't take me that long to do my recruiting and play a game but the menus are so slow that by the time i'm done with recruiting, i'm usually not in the mood to play a game. And then on top of that editing players is BRUTAL because of how slow and unresponsive the menus are. Terrible menus all around. From appearance to ease to speed to music, the menus get an F from me.
I remember you and I have agreed on this for years (it stands out when I can agree with an ND fan!). I have always thought the menus were awful and have said it for years and originally no one agreed. It's like they put a ton of effort into the menus looking different and being different every year. They are like some big work of art. I don't care about what the menus look like if they function properly and quickly. It seems to me that if they wouldn't make the menus such complex features and made them more basic, they'd be much more responsive. I'd rather that than the slow stuff we have now.

# 171 PowerofRed25 @ 07/22/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
The menus are terrible. Not very responsive and slow... It looks like a junior high class made them for a class project in MS Paint.
Ugh, the menus. Just, ugh.

They are the most painful part of the game, have been for years. They made them completely animated this year and it is even worse. Menu lag, unresponsive, tough to figure out where things are unless you absolutely positively know where they are.

It's brutal and I haven't even tested things like formation subs in dynasty.

# 172 esayem @ 07/23/12 01:11 PM
So.....I can't start my dynasty until late August.

# 173 blamalex @ 07/24/12 11:22 AM
What about the band constantly playing during the game? In my dynasty, no matter what down it is or who has the ball (usually the home team), Nick Cannon is in the stands leading a drumline that continues to play each time the offense gains yards. And you can't even turn the band volume down!!

I'm sorry but this is freaking annoying as hell...please tell me someone else has noticed/had this problem.

# 174 peylog27 @ 07/26/12 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dast
another brilliant month of brilliance. fantastic
Does zone d mean the corners won't always line up on the same side in twins formation?

# 175 CT Pitbull @ 07/26/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Pretty disappointed the main patch won't be released until late August and won't address the screen and option game.
the frequency at which the cpu runs hb screens is ridiculous and single handedly makes this game hard to enjoy offline vs the cpu...who does the testing on these games? do they have an idea on how to call a game offensively?do they have any concept of how the game of football is played and what the "hb screen" is intended to..or why/how it is used??

a well timed/implemented screen pass can be deadly and serves a great purpose in slowing down a defense that is constantly blitzing...the key word is timing it should be a sort of "surprise" moment used by the offense..it should NOT be called once every set of downs or everytime the cpu faces 3rd and long...smh this play-call logic better not be in madden too

# 176 BadAssHskr @ 07/30/12 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Will this patch work for you current Online Dynasty, even if you are just in pre-season?
This patch only addresses freezing issues and an issue with the playcall screen. I cant imagine a dynasty in progress would matter at all.

# 177 Otops @ 07/30/12 10:46 PM
The main question is: HOW CONFIDENT IN EA ARE YOU? Think this is going to do the game justice?

# 178 LionsFanNJ @ 07/31/12 12:20 AM
So...over/under how many people perceive gameplay changes with the patch later today.

# 179 Dr Death @ 07/31/12 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blamalex
What about the band constantly playing during the game? In my dynasty, no matter what down it is or who has the ball (usually the home team), Nick Cannon is in the stands leading a drumline that continues to play each time the offense gains yards. And you can't even turn the band volume down!!

I'm sorry but this is freaking annoying as hell...please tell me someone else has noticed/had this problem.
No, my friend, you are most definitely NOT alone! If I want to hear drums, I'll crank up Led-Zeppelin. The drums in this game are beyond annoying. Annoying is a very, VERY polite way of putting it!

# 180 Kramer5150 @ 07/31/12 01:51 AM
I know this isn't the "big" patch,but I AM hoping they sneak in a fix for the lights not working in night games on the PS3.

Looks pretty ridiculous to see a night game,can tell the lights are on....only to see pans of the stadium and see no light's...lol

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.