Home
FIFA 13 News Post

FSB has posted a bunch of FIFA 13 career mode details, including new features and details a new addition called Skill Games.
Quote:
The first thing we saw was the removal of the Player Manager option. That’s been done for various reasons, which are covered in the interview we’re posting tomorrow, I won’t go over them here. So we plumped for a Managerial Career with Chelsea, It was the most neutral team we could think of with a big enough budget to play with. I’d like to point out that Dave was driving, so some of the more bizarre decisions were down to him.
Quote:
We were asked to find out about lots of different things before we went to EAC but the one part of FIFA 13 you all wanted to know about most was Career Mode. That’s why we’re incredibly pleased to bring you this rundown of the modes new features which address many community requests of old and, introduce some truly staggering new technical innovations.
Quote:
A new addition for FIFA 13 are Skill Games, incorporated into the game using the new physics capabilities that came with the Impact Engine. On the surface it looks like they’re aimed at newcomers to FIFA (which they are) but they should also offer seasoned players a way to see areas of the games controls that they might not know about too. The idea primarily is aimed at teaching people the fundamentals of FIFA, step-by-step cranking up the difficulty of each particular skills area to show you more and more.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lisinas @ 07/23/12 09:29 AM
Your manager now appears on the touchline in matches based on customisation options chosen at the start of Career Mode.

Some really nice small features they added there , im really all hyped for fifa 13 now

# 2 THE YAMA @ 07/23/12 11:17 AM
What a great read! As if I wasn't excited enough about this game, my excitement level is through the roof now. The new transfer negotiations had me sold. The ability to offer a player + cash in transfers is exactly what I wanted.

# 3 KG @ 07/23/12 11:28 AM
I give FIFA a lot of credit for revamping MM. Solid updates.

I wonder if you can play internationally with your BAP.

# 4 bad_philanthropy @ 07/23/12 11:38 AM
Great additions. Now I just need to hear that they fixed the progression of youth players and I'll be extremely happy.

# 5 rckabillyRaider @ 07/23/12 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

exactly what I'm wondering. I sure hope so.

# 6 poster @ 07/23/12 02:21 PM
Definitely some nice additions.

Didn't like this snippet from the CM preview:

Quote:
As for gameplay, there’s some updated impressions being posted later, but I’d be hard pushed to say we noticed the AI behaving particularly differently based on the team or reacting to events, which will be a downer for some people.
So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........

# 7 Ermolli @ 07/23/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........
That's why I'm not that interested in the game, if the teams don't play tru to themselves then it takes away from the all the other interesting feature this game has.

# 8 pj_28 @ 07/23/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

From the Career Mode Preview

"As you start you’ll have your objectives for the season laid out, they’ll change depending on your role, but can also be more generic like “Stay in the starting 11″. Then pre game you’ll see your objectives for upcoming matches, like maintaining a pass completion of X. You’ll also see a bit more feedback regarding what formation you’ll be using and expectations from the game and you can finally be called up internationally, although we weren’t in the short time we played the mode."

# 9 lisinas @ 07/23/12 04:30 PM
Quote:

This is really annoying. As you said all their games have this problem , nba had this , madden has and fifa has this . I think it should be priority for them to do something about it

# 10 KG @ 07/23/12 04:49 PM
Quote:

That's why i went back to the other game, the play on the pitch becomes too boring and the individual ratings supercede team tactics.

# 11 jvalverde88 @ 07/23/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
When offering contracts you can now choose a role for the player you’re trying to sign eg Crucial Player, Important Player, Future Star. This expectation will effect whether a player chooses to join your club.
Love this, reminds me when offering a player a contract in Football Manager.

# 12 bad_philanthropy @ 07/23/12 07:48 PM
I wonder if they've expanded the compliment of international teams in the game for the new addition to CM.

# 13 UK0wnag3 @ 07/23/12 10:46 PM
I'm glad that they seem to be moving manager mode more towards a "Football manager" style of play.

I Also Like the whole "Soccer Saturday" idea with Shreeves and Mcinally, but where is Chris Kamara?

Also, they didnt seem to cover whether teams are actually willing to accept less for a player this year after they have been transfer listed.

Dont like the fact that if the CPU matches the counter offer, then it's curtains. Might cut down the amount of times I give it the bertie big one and say "Go on, Club X, add on a another million and we'll talk."

# 14 jvalverde88 @ 07/24/12 02:00 AM
I also wonder if tournaments like the Euro Championships and World Cup are licensed.

# 15 laijka @ 07/24/12 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I also wonder if tournaments like the Euro Championships and World Cup are licensed.
They are. EA usually does them as standalones or DLCs.

# 16 mercalnd @ 07/24/12 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
They are. EA usually does them as standalones or DLCs.
Actually I'd be very surprised if they are licensed in FIFA. For instance, EA used to have a fully licensed Champions League game yet during that time the Chapions League in FIFA was not licensed.

# 17 NaturalSelected @ 07/24/12 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Actually I'd be very surprised if they are licensed in FIFA. For instance, EA used to have a fully licensed Champions League game yet during that time the Chapions League in FIFA was not licensed.
Right. They said that the World Cup would have a similarly structured tournament in the game, but the cup itself wouldn't be licensed. I think this was on the Twitter Career Mode Q&A.

# 18 tHurley2010 @ 07/27/12 10:26 AM
Close enough for me haha

# 19 ezio @ 07/27/12 02:41 PM
Quote:

As for gameplay, there’s some updated impressions being posted later, but I’d be hard pushed to say we noticed the AI behaving particularly differently based on the team or reacting to events, which will be a downer for some people.

If this is true and all the teams still play the same way I am not getting it this year.

# 20 Yeats @ 07/27/12 03:00 PM
Quote:

Exactly my thoughts and why I will be sticking with FIFA 12 for many months to come. I don't play modes so all that new mode content is of no interest to me. I was hoping for one thing only: a major overhaul of the CPU v User gameplay AI. And apparently that's not happening.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.