Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 demo is available now for 360. Download it now or queue it up right here.

According to a few readers, the PS3 demo is available on PSN Japan.

Here are the eight teams included in the demo. Germany, England, Portugal and Italy, for the international friendlies. Santos FC, SC International, Fluminense and Flamengo are available in the Copa Libertadores mode.

You can play on any difficulty setting, and it also has localized language options.

Please download the demo and post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the skill and technique demanded by PES 2013’s total football. As teams fuelled by Pro-Active AI make runs and behave like real players, PES 2013’s all-new Full Control elements give you total control over every move – with fully manual shooting meaning that no two goals will be the same. Player ID then adds further depth, as the best players move and behave just like their real-life counterparts. Get an early sample of PES 2013’s gameplay.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ezio @ 07/27/12 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I deleted my post, don't want no war 'round here.
Fair enough but it really isn't close and I have prefered Fifa the last few years but I think that will be changing this year

# 122 aloncho11 @ 07/27/12 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
That brings me to another question: I've yet to see any shots from distance from the opposition although I'm not sure Germany really plays that way. Plus, I've only played 4 short games.

I would love to have had the Netherlands to play against. That would have surely revealed whether the better midfielders will shoot from distance.
Try playing against teams with players who have the "long range drive" and "long ranger" player cards. I think Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney have these, if you give them space for a shot in midfield, they should attempt them.

# 123 slthree @ 07/28/12 01:14 AM
Good idea. I think I'll play against England and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Try playing against teams with players who have the "long range drive" and "long ranger" player cards. I think Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney have these, if you give them space for a shot in midfield, they should attempt them.

# 124 ty5oke @ 07/28/12 01:26 AM
I'm seeing a lot more CPU offsides this year.

# 125 fugazi @ 07/28/12 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Sounds like PES 5 which had a lot of fouls in it some people disliked the amount of fouls in that version but I loved it. But I honestly didn't notice a lot of fouls in the demo but I noticed the CPU actually committing little fouls here and there. I have to play again as I didn't play much matches.
I hope so...I loved the variety of game pace brought about by varying officiating tendencies. This also gave each game a potential identity of its own, as the COM really did seem to get into scrappy tangles with you as a result sometimes.

Some games, you couldn't touch anyone...others, you got away with murder. It was lovely.

# 126 ZoneBlitz @ 07/28/12 07:31 AM
Quote:
Wow, wow, wow! Playing the PC version of the demo. What a huge improvement. Gameplay speed is perfect (slow!), animations are much improved, ball has weight to it... everything this series has been missing for a few years now.

For the love of god Konami, DON'T keep fiddling with the gameplay pre-release and make it worse like you did last year. If the gameplay stays the same as it plays in this demo, it's an auto-purchase for me no question. (Didn't buy 2012 so I'd love to have a PES game again on my PC.)

EDIT: Well after playing this for an hour, I have to say it's a definite keeper. But it doesn't match up with FIFA as far as fun factor, for me anyway. There's something very static and drab about the game: the animations, graphics, stadium lighting, player faces and skin textures, overall color palette, etc. I guess I've turned into a graphics and presentation ho! Great to see PES is finally playable though.
Yeah, I wish Konami would up the graphics and presentation to be more lively. The colors they use are dreary and drab. The whole presentation package needs a makeover. I don't understand hpwhy they don't create a better presentation, graphics and animation package. It would be the mother of all soccer games. Can you imagine FIFA's graphics with PES gameplay!? The thought alone is awe inspiring.

# 127 Yeats @ 07/28/12 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Yeah, I wish Konami would up the graphics and presentation to be more lively. The colors they use are dreary and drab. The whole presentation package needs a makeover. I don't understand hpwhy they don't create a better presentation, graphics and animation package. It would be the mother of all soccer games. Can you imagine FIFA's graphics with PES gameplay!? The thought alone is awe inspiring.
The skin textures and player faces in particular need serious work. Every time the cam cuts to a closeup of the players after a goal etc. I literally cringe, it's that distracting. And yes, the colors are very drab and I can't understand that choice either. That at the very least would be easy to fix it seems to me, just intensify the color palette they're using in the game. The demo does say it doesn't necessarily represent how the final product will look, so here's hoping.

# 128 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
It's a matter of opinion really, to me PES graphics are more realistic than Fifa's. Fifa player models look like action figures and when you see them playing on the pitch from a 3rd person pov, it looks in fact like a videogame, unlike PES which looks like the real thing.

The fact that one get's used to Fifa doesn't mean that they set the bar when it comes to graphics and presentation. And speaking about presentation, Konami has it's own style. They have opted for a more desaturated cinematic look and feel (Much like Madden, NCAA) as opposed to the pop colors used in Fifa. The thing about the menus is the same, they have opted for a more stylish minimalistic style. They certainly aren't the best menus, but they make the cut.

# 129 Yeats @ 07/28/12 12:34 PM
Quote:
It's a matter of opinion really, to me PES graphics are more realistic than Fifa's. Fifa player models look like action figures and when you see them playing on the pitch from a 3rd person pov, it looks in fact like a videogame, unlike PES which looks like the real thing.
I'll go with FIFA's player models all week long over PES' blocky, square-shouldered, arms-hanging-like-rope player models. And if one placed comparison shots of both games beside the real thing, I'm guessing FIFA's over-saturated colors would look closer to life-like. Colors in life are not as dull and dead as they are in PES. It's not really something people come to prefer, one over the other. On every PES site, gamers talk about PES' sub-par graphics and presentation, and they put up with it each year because it's PES after all. It's understood PES has been way behind the curve for years now with their graphics/presentation package.

# 130 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 01:21 PM
I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying that PES opted for that cinematic look, much like EA did with NCAA and Madden which have a similar (desaturated) look and feel.

I disagree on the player models; I could mention some characteristic Fifa player models body parts too... I guess it's a matter of preference

# 131 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 01:52 PM
A custom camera tool has been released for XBOX users :

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68299

# 132 rckabillyRaider @ 07/28/12 02:10 PM
Quote:
A custom camera tool has been released for XBOX users :

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68299
damn. Why can't ps3 users get this? That's why I prefer the PC version

# 133 Stormyhog @ 07/28/12 02:39 PM
I've been loving the demo and to me everything feels free with loose balls, bad bounces for or against. The thing I like with PES is the individuality with the players especially the star players compared to the scrubs. I will be getting PES for sure and probably Fifa as well but it will be hard to beat PES's gameplay in my opinion. I love the pace and fluidity of the game it really looks and feels nice.

# 134 Yeats @ 07/28/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying that PES opted for that cinematic look, much like EA did with NCAA and Madden which have a similar (desaturated) look and feel.
I missed the cinematic comment, you're right. I just don't understand what that has to do with saturation and color palette choices that could be made.

You know, after talking about this for the past bit, I fired up the demo to take another close look. And I have to say I have a really tough time getting past the whole dreary feel of the game. Maybe it has to do with other issues I have, like the ball sound being way too loud, and the cut scenes of players robotically walking around between whistles with their arms glued to their sides.

I'm knowledgable enough to know the gameplay is worth the tradeoff. But that's a lot for most gamers to overcome. People will gravitate towards FIFA simply because there's so much more life and energy in the game, visually and so forth. That's how most gamers define a "fun" game these days... certainly ever since the birth of the console and the subsequent death of the sim gamer, lol.

# 135 RoyceDa59 @ 07/28/12 04:01 PM
Check this out new demo patch I haven't tried it yet but it looks cool.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68360

Oh and here is another I found too but a really good editor:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68363

# 136 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 04:08 PM
Quote:
I'm knowledgable enough to know the gameplay is worth the tradeoff. But that's a lot for most gamers to overcome. People will gravitate towards FIFA simply because there's so much more life and energy in the game, visually and so forth. That's how most gamers define a "fun" game these days... certainly ever since the birth of the console and the subsequent death of the sim gamer, lol.
Agree. I don't think Sim gamers are on the brink of extinction lol. Good sports video games must always have a good balance between sim/fun factor/casual. If they were 100% sim, the only ones who could play them would be people who practice the sport in real life, and even only the professional athletes (in this case Football players).

# 137 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Check this out new demo patch I haven't tried it yet but it looks cool.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68360

Oh and here is another I found too but a really good editor:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68363
Nice. Jenkey's mod looks sweet, Khai's is an excellent alternative too.

# 138 Qb @ 07/28/12 04:16 PM
A reminder... Let's do our best to keep impressions threads free of comparisons or debates. While I understand a comparison might be useful or even necessary to make a specific point, general or sweeping comparisons have no place in an impressions thread.

# 139 aloncho11 @ 07/28/12 07:36 PM
Got around to play few more games with the extra teams on PC...

These guys who have Player ID:

Robben: Running, dribble, pre-dribble, turn, feint, passing

Ribbery: Running, dribble, pre-drible, turn

Zanetti: Passing

Sneijder: Passing, turn

Iniesta: Turn, feint, pre-dribble, passing

Xavi: Turn, pre-dribble, passing

Messi: Running, dribbling, pre-dribble, turn, shooting

# 140 RoyceDa59 @ 07/28/12 07:53 PM
Quote:
Got around to play few more games with the extra teams on PC...

These guys who have Player ID:

Robben: Running, dribble, pre-dribble, turn, feint, passing

Ribbery: Running, dribble, pre-drible, turn

Zanetti: Passing

Sneijder: Passing, turn

Iniesta: Turn, feint, pre-dribble, passing

Xavi: Turn, pre-dribble, passing

Messi: Running, dribbling, pre-dribble, turn, shooting
How is the gameplay seem with these extra teams, any impressions?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.