Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In listening to the podcast, the team announced while there are some free NCAA Football 13 DLC uniforms coming (to fix default home and away uniforms), there are also plans for paid DLC for specialty uniforms (one-offs).

Cost, details and the list of teams for the paid DLC specialty uniforms will be announced at a later date. EA Sports will try to make them available as they debut at their games in real life.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TDenverFan @ 07/26/12 06:18 PM
Expected this. It is called the uniform store, after all.

# 2 BadAssHskr @ 07/26/12 06:22 PM
while i can't listen to this at work, based on what TDenverFan posted, i think i get the picture. i don't see where this would be anywhere near the end of the world. i buy add on's for nearly everything i own, what's the difference with this, and why should EA be looked down upon for selling it?

and, if the OP isn't about paying for jerseys my apologies, i'll correct myself later tonight.

# 3 sportznut02 @ 07/26/12 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
I just want the default new uniforms teams will be wearing like Northwestern, Rutgers, Missouri, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, etc
That`s good because those should be free from the sound of this podcast.

# 4 AiDub @ 07/26/12 06:56 PM
I'm okay with this on two conditions... 1. They actually have ALL the default uni's for free. My gut says it's EA and there will be something left out that shouldn't be. 2. They let you buy new uni's one at a time at a decent price. One thing that I hated in Forza was if there was an awesome car that you just had to have coming out as DLC, you had to drop the extra coin for a whole bundle of crappy cars as well. Just give me the singular uni I want EA!

# 5 sportznut02 @ 07/26/12 07:04 PM
I like the idea of the uniform store and what EA is doing here.

We will be getting new uniforms for free for teams such as Northwestern, Rutgers, Missouri, Texas A&M, Mississippi State. Teams that have all new uniforms will be free.

Teams that will have one game jerseys such as pro combats, will be available to purchase. This is something that should have been in NCAA 11.

# 6 sportzbro @ 07/26/12 08:34 PM
All for this, especially if they get new equipment up in that store.

# 7 capn_razzamataz @ 07/26/12 08:36 PM
What about a school like Oregon, who doesn't necessarily have a "default" uniform per se? Will we have to pay for each new piece we see during the season?

# 8 Tengo Juego @ 07/26/12 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
All for this, especially if they get new equipment up in that store.
All against it. Can't get it right or in the game pre-release, so offer it to me for more money? Nah, keep that ****.

One-offs have been free before now. So, why charge for em, now?

# 9 btbessaay @ 07/26/12 09:07 PM
If the damned game had freaking draft classes i'd never have to buy a new game again lol. just update the rosters. I hope they fix the numbers on Utah's unis. The outline is all jacked up and looks horrible from a distance. Also these new tech-fits unis that teams are wearing shouldnt have these huge long sleeves that they put on the default unis. Look like damn fans out there with the oversized jerseys hanging down. Also let us untuck em! Utah players never tuck... (kinda slobby and i wish they would but whatever...)

# 10 MacDiiddy @ 07/26/12 09:48 PM
Okay these uniforms you pay for better be the super secretive ones. Or ones created for bowl games.

If they are not it is complete B.S. many uniform companies have worked with EA to make sure they have an opportunity to get their jerseys in the game for the launch and to get their product out there. not for EA to monetize and make their pockets wealthier

# 11 jeremym480 @ 07/26/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
I like the idea of the uniform store and what EA is doing here.

We will be getting new uniforms for free for teams such as Northwestern, Rutgers, Missouri, Texas A&M, Mississippi State. Teams that have all new uniforms will be free.

Teams that will have one game jerseys such as pro combats, will be available to purchase. This is something that should have been in NCAA 11.
Agreed. I've certainly seen worse DLC before. I doubt I'll fork over anymore money to EA for this unless a team that I'm using would gets a "one-off" uniform; simply because you can't change your opponents uniforms in online dynasty so what's the point in having a bunch of uniforms if you'll never get to see them? Now if EA came up with a way to change your opponents uniform in online like you can in offline, then I'd be all over this.

# 12 THE YAMA @ 07/26/12 11:02 PM
Not sure how much I'll be utilizing this feature, but I am definitely excited for it, and will browse through it during the season.

# 13 PrettyT11 @ 07/26/12 11:20 PM
The thing that worries me about this is they say the default home and away will be added for free but what about new alternates?? I mean there is no mention of those at all so are we going to have to pay for them or are they not being added at all?? It kind of defeats the purpose of adding the new Mizzou unis if we cant get the gold alt. and the new alt. helmet or we have to pay for those.

# 14 carvis#15 @ 07/27/12 01:51 AM
What would be cool is if they updated cleats and gloves as well.

# 15 Skulletor @ 07/27/12 04:14 AM
Dear ea, I have lots of money, how about I make you a deal? You give me a playable game, and I'll give you more money?

# 16 kingsofthevalley @ 07/27/12 04:25 AM
Is equipment included in this?

# 17 chi_hawks @ 07/27/12 07:38 AM

# 18 UH53 @ 07/27/12 07:55 AM
What about an equipment store for you know those Under Armour and Adidas schools? It looks extremely ******** that the Nike schools have colored gloves and the right equipment (a little dated) but the Adidas and the Under Armor schools still get no love.... Those dated grey glove options are just shameful and the color scheme on the low top Adidas is horrible! You'd think if you gave the ability to change default unis, which by the way is about time, you should also have the ability to make equipment fixes... Including the 2bar Revo which just about every QB is wearing would also be appreciated... SMH! This game seems to be an adjustment on the fly and we apparently didn't get the actual copy on the release date.... WTF? They should really look into changing the release date to Aug since this game is incomplete!

# 19 UH53 @ 07/27/12 08:11 AM
Let's not forget secondary colors! I would think this is asking for too much if Madden didn't have these options but they do!!! Somebody tried to make an argument a while back about how Madden has the license to make player likenesses and NCAA doesn't. While this is true, NCAA can still make actual equipment that players wear available in the game and give us the otion to edit like we already do.... Just give us the right freaking equipment! If they didn't have any license to make the equipment then nothing in the game should be a representation of what's on the field and they should all be wearing gladiator helmets!

# 20 BSchwartz07 @ 07/27/12 08:33 AM
This is why I'm done giving EA sports money... not only do they charge you for the same game every year, but now you can PAY MORE to get updated uniforms? ARE YOU KIDDING?

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.