Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In listening to the podcast, the team announced while there are some free NCAA Football 13 DLC uniforms coming (to fix default home and away uniforms), there are also plans for paid DLC for specialty uniforms (one-offs).

Cost, details and the list of teams for the paid DLC specialty uniforms will be announced at a later date. EA Sports will try to make them available as they debut at their games in real life.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 superxero27 @ 08/16/12 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Correct...the patch came with the Uniform store but from what I am hearing no uniforms til Sept
Anybody know why they would launch an online store with no content?

# 122 der juicen @ 08/16/12 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
Dat 3 week prep
Wrong. They had there second patch. They would have to patch AGAIN to put the store in. Wouldn't have been cost-effective for the developer, I figure. Patches cost and I doubt EA, the parent company, compensates on unneeded patches. Maybe even Microsoft would make a fuss as well.

Or EA SUCKS SCREW EA AHHH IM TRADING THIS GAME IN.

# 123 K0ZZ @ 08/16/12 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Wrong. They had there second patch. They would have to patch AGAIN to put the store in. Wouldn't have been cost-effective for the developer, I figure. Patches cost and I doubt EA, the parent company, compensates on unneeded patches. Maybe even Microsoft would make a fuss as well.

If I remember correctly, a game gets three patches free of charge than has to pay a charge to put any further up. It wouldn't make sense to have patch 1 and patch 3 be a minor fix and the uniform store, it allows them to not rush out the third patch and put the final touches that can't be manipulated via tuner.

# 124 shaggy23sj @ 08/16/12 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
There probably won't be competition in 14, you would've heard of interest from a studio by now, whoever makes a game would have to build everything from scratch, not like a studio would design the frame work for a college football game to leave lying around, EA just recently claimed they wouldn't be seeking exclusive rights, you most likely will not see competition until the next generation of consoles, just because a sport doesn't have an exclusive contract doesn't mean that competition will start popping up out of no where. Look at MLB, EA hasn't said they plan on restarting the MVP franchise, college basketball is still looking for a game, they won't have any competition next year, I'm almost willing to guarantee it.
thats true and i do agree but if espn starts a college series that would be cool because espn destroyed madden so i guess we will just have to wait and see

# 125 shaggy23sj @ 08/16/12 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
So you are tired of paying for what you think should be in the game for free, but you don't mind doing it for NCAA 14. That makes no sense to me at all.

If they add new uniforms that are not in the game when it ships but are willing to make them available for DLC why should it be free? Thay game works just fine with the unis we have, and they are fixing defaults for free so any extra work above and beyond that is worth paying for to me. If you don't agree don't buy it.
ok think of it this way the uni store is good idea but for screwing us over year after year they should give it to us for free as a thanks for sticking with ea for 20 years and ncaa 14 they could make us pay for the new unis and its cool they r giving us defaults for free and not making us pay.

# 126 der juicen @ 08/16/12 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy23sj
ok think of it this way the uni store is good idea but for screwing us over year after year they should give it to us for free as a thanks for sticking with ea for 20 years and ncaa 14 they could make us pay for the new unis and its cool they r giving us defaults for free and not making us pay.
This is way, way off topic, but I know it's on some of the minds here. Are you allergic to commonly used punctuation and capitalization? Possibly deathly allergic?

# 127 superxero27 @ 08/16/12 01:04 PM
Quote:

Or they could have launched the store with just the corrections and a couple unpurchaseble previews of already released ones.A third patch to launch the store wouldn't be necessary.

# 128 K0ZZ @ 08/16/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy23sj
thats true and i do agree but if espn starts a college series that would be cool because espn destroyed madden so i guess we will just have to wait and see
2K5 didn't really destroy Madden in any faucet. The gameplay was better than Madden 05, the franchise mode was stale/lackluster, felt like a collection of exhibition games. Madden sold nearly twice as much copies in total, factoring in only the PS2/Xbox they sold 2 mil more globally than 2K did. It was a good game in its own right, especially for the $20 asking price, but especially after playing APF 2K8, I don't think 2K would be a direct competitor for a few years. Much like Live isn't much of a threat to NBA 2K

# 129 coogrfan @ 08/16/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Or they could have launched the store with just the corrections and a couple unpurchaseble previews of already released ones.A third patch to launch the store wouldn't be necessary.
They very well could have...and if EA had known that the patch would be given the green light by MS/Sony a week or two earlier than expected they might well have done so.

As it is they probably figured that since the patch would drop about a week before the start of the season (at which point the whole store would be open for business) there was very little point in producing a preview pack.

# 130 der juicen @ 08/16/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
What's the purpose of insulting people?

You won't last long here if you keep that up.
Inquiring why he can't use 3rd grade English class punctuation and spelling is something that is unwanted on this board. Gotcha, thanks back seat mod.

To apex: Yeah, three free patches but you really can't waste them, lest an actual problem comes up or something in that area. It's good they got it in now, they are probably working out the kinks in house.

# 131 der juicen @ 08/17/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Dude, ignore him. He is a pro EA troll. He attacks everyone who criticizes EA Games. Plus, I looked up his Gamertag. It's filed with 2K Games. This guy is a poser.
Well, there you are again, failed internet detective. And way, way off topic. Here's my gamertag, broskie. Im A GPS Facial. Surprisingly, I've only played NBA 2k. Weird, huh.

# 132 kt-od @ 08/17/12 03:14 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Dude, ignore him. He is a pro EA troll. He attacks everyone who criticizes EA Games. Plus, I looked up his Gamertag. It's filed with 2K Games. This guy is a poser.
I'm not on anyone's side here, but based on his post above I wouldn't consider him an EA troll. I did see where der juicen insulted the other poster about punctuation. Yah, maybe a little over the top, but it was difficult to read his post without the proper punctuation.

I'm used to no capitalization. The text messaging world has ruined basic grammar. It's sad but true.

Back on topic. I can't wait for some of these new uniforms to drop. I don't mind at all paying for them. I would rather pay for them now instead of having to wait until NCAA 14.

# 133 rolltider10 @ 08/17/12 06:22 PM
I wish they would give us like a uniform customizer on the game. Maybe similar to teambuilder but it would have to have more options. For example, I would love to use a white helmet for Alabama for one game or so, or even make a crimson version of the pants with the nike logo on it and all of that stuff. Not that I'd wanna see it in real life but it would be fun just to change stuff up and that way people who get deep in their dynasties could create new uniforms for teams like Oregon since they change every 3 years.

I would gladly pay for something like that, heck I would pay for this Alabama Uniform if they would put on there just because its a thing of beauty.

# 134 Lionsfan7887 @ 08/17/12 07:03 PM
Do you guys think they'll have those Notre Dame Jerseys for the Miami game?

# 135 Lionsfan7887 @ 08/17/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
This is way, way off topic, but I know it's on some of the minds here. Are you allergic to commonly used punctuation and capitalization? Possibly deathly allergic?
No reason to be mean to people. Please be respectful

# 136 coogrfan @ 08/17/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan7887
Do you guys think they'll have those Notre Dame Jerseys for the Miami game?
Almost certainly, but not until after the game is played.

# 137 DirtyLikCleats @ 08/17/12 08:16 PM
*Patiently waits alone for the new Illinois jerseys to be released*

# 138 jimkel @ 08/17/12 11:37 PM
have they said a time frame for the free downloadable jerseys?

# 139 Lionsfan7887 @ 08/18/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Almost certainly, but not until after the game is played.
Gotta admit they look pretty cool man

# 140 Pezell04x @ 08/18/12 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkel
have they said a time frame for the free downloadable jerseys?
Beginning of September

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.