Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In listening to the podcast, the team announced while there are some free NCAA Football 13 DLC uniforms coming (to fix default home and away uniforms), there are also plans for paid DLC for specialty uniforms (one-offs).

Cost, details and the list of teams for the paid DLC specialty uniforms will be announced at a later date. EA Sports will try to make them available as they debut at their games in real life.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 kylewc21 @ 08/18/12 11:09 PM
I hope they put out the current TCU Jerseys

# 142 Pike1302 @ 08/19/12 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Almost certainly, but not until after the game is played.
In the podcast link they said that they were going to try to get these uniforms added to the store before the actual game is played .... Like the week leading up to the actual game .... They referenced Michigan's 'under the lights' uniforms when talking about it .... They mentioned that these uniforms would likely be the ones you would have to pay for since they were special occasion uniforms and not a default or away uniform .... Sorry if this was posted already .... This was announced before the unveiling of the Notre Dame uniforms, but they mentioned the new Nebraska - Wisconsin uniforms for their one shot game so I am sure the ND ones would fall under the same category ....

What they should do is just let you download the ones you want for 99 cents each, or even 1.99 instead of putting them in packs .... I am sure they would make their money that way .... Just stick them all in the store and let you pick ....

# 143 K0ZZ @ 08/19/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
Your logic is kind of messed up. 2k8 was nothing more than a last ditch effort by Take Two to cash in on the 2k name it was in no way a successor to 2k5. It was impossible to make a serious game without any actual licensing, especially after a three year hiatus from making a game. 2k5 was already a direct competitor to Madden 05. That was the whole reason behind the exclusive deal, the king of sports games was on the verge of being dethroned, not to mention EA lost millions in profits after having to drop the price of their games to compete with the 2k $20 price. Look at what has happened since the deal, the team from Visual Concepts went on to make one of the best all around sports games in history, NBA 2k. Whereas Madden has gotten worse each year since 2005. I think had the deal never happened Madden would be in the same state as NBA live.
That wouldn't of happened, Madden is a name brand where as Live wasn't. 2K football needed to make up more ground than 2K basketball did, not to mention the studio designing Live/Elite realized their changes were extremely flawed and pulled the plug, 2K basketball slid into the lead smoothly, it wouldn't be the case with football, Madden has / is the name brand of football gaming, where as while Live albeit a long standing franchise wasn't at that caliber.

Not to mention, if the NFL didn't say 'alright highest bidder gets exclusive rights' than it wouldn't be an issue, blaming EA for having deeper pockets? Not that I'd be opposed to competition.

Licensing although huge, is a leap very able to be leapt. Either through customization options or establishing a rich backdrop to drop a player into. [A clearly superior game would probably take some steam away from Madden as well]

If I said that 2K5 wasn't a direct competitor to Madden than my apologies, but it's negligent to assume that any developer would be able to build an engine, get all the graphics designed, all the coding tightened up in a year or less of notice. It would easily be a few years before any 2K game would be a direct contender again, too much work not enough time.

Anyways, the argument is redundant because this thread is neither about Madden, NBA 2K or the two companies so I'm gonna be quiet now. Haha.

# 144 coogrfan @ 08/19/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike1302
In the podcast link they said that they were going to try to get these uniforms added to the store before the actual game is played .... Like the week leading up to the actual game .... They referenced Michigan's 'under the lights' uniforms when talking about it .... They mentioned that these uniforms would likely be the ones you would have to pay for since they were special occasion uniforms and not a default or away uniform .... Sorry if this was posted already .... This was announced before the unveiling of the Notre Dame uniforms, but they mentioned the new Nebraska - Wisconsin uniforms for their one shot game so I am sure the ND ones would fall under the same category ....
Hmmm. I could have sworn they said it would be the week after. I guess we'll see.

# 145 shaunbot @ 08/19/12 08:00 PM
I'd guess the 28th...The late August time frame matches up pretty well.

I can't wait for the uniform store. I've put both my Rutger's and Vandy dynasty's on hold past year 2 until the new uniforms come out. Should be fun.

# 146 shaggy23sj @ 08/19/12 08:06 PM
I think i have should of done more reasearch about the jerseys because ea will have to pay to get these jersey's in the game and they will probaly have to pay more then i will for sure. I know im going against what i said before but i realize that they will have to pay to get those in the game before they wear them so thank you ea for putting these new jerseys in the game.

# 147 shaggy23sj @ 08/20/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylewc21
I hope they put out the current TCU Jerseys
there putting all current uniforms in the game

# 148 OldHossRadbourn @ 08/20/12 03:27 PM
Any chance this uniform store will be a tool that will help fix the Notre Dame helmet issue(especially on PS3?)

# 149 superxero27 @ 08/20/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHossRadbourn
Any chance this uniform store will be a tool that will help fix the Notre Dame helmet issue(especially on PS3?)
Well they did mention having uniform corrections available, so I suppose it's not completely out of the question.

# 150 shaggy23sj @ 08/20/12 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Well they did mention having uniform corrections available, so I suppose it's not completely out of the question.
whats the helmet issue for Notre Dame

# 151 RGmoney @ 08/20/12 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy23sj
whats the helmet issue for Notre Dame
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...met-issue.html

# 152 MrOctober430 @ 08/20/12 11:33 PM
Will the Pro Combats for the demo and Amazon pre-order be in the store? i.e. for sale or regular download?

# 153 superxero27 @ 08/21/12 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Will the Pro Combats for the demo and Amazon pre-order be in the store? i.e. for sale or regular download?
No idea; EA hasn't released any information beyond "the uni store is gonna have stuff in it."
I would hope so, in theory it would be a cinch to add them in, as they're DLC to begin with.

# 154 I_Tyler_Durden_I @ 08/21/12 02:29 AM
If they only would give me a chance to switch uniforms in my online dynasty. I mean purchasing unis I may will never see on the field doesn't make sense to me.
And yes, I am an uni freak and would pay for some special ones, for me that's a part of college football.

# 155 noplace @ 08/21/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
there putting all current uniforms in the game
I'm sure EA will find away to mess this up or miss something...

# 156 tarheelguy4736 @ 08/21/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Tyler_Durden_I
If they only would give me a chance to switch uniforms in my online dynasty. I mean purchasing unis I may will never see on the field doesn't make sense to me.
And yes, I am an uni freak and would pay for some special ones, for me that's a part of college football.
Yes I am the exact same way... I wanted the ability to change CPU uniforms in an online dynasty game but they don't give you that option... I have tried asking on twitter and Facebook as to why that is and if it will be available in future versions but they are purposely ignoring my question. They choose the easy questions to answer but I guess they have no answer to this or to even make it doable. It would be kind of pointless for an online dynasty user to purchase uniforms from the uniform store if they dont even have the ability to change them.

# 157 shaggy23sj @ 08/21/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I'm sure EA will find away to mess this up or miss something...
yea they messed up on georgia's facemask but im not gonna complain because at least there gonna try to keep us updated

# 158 shaggy23sj @ 08/21/12 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Why would you want the 5 from the demo in the store just download and share to get them

# 159 shaggy23sj @ 08/24/12 12:51 PM
Im guessing the uniform store will start adding unis on aug 27th because thats when the games begin

# 160 DrPhibes @ 08/24/12 12:57 PM
Quote:
Why would you want the 5 from the demo in the store just download and share to get them
Perhaps I am too dense, but how does one partake in this?

I want those UGA jerseys in the worst way.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.