Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Looks legit to me... Thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Scramz718 @ 07/30/12 03:15 PM
Well guys it looks like this is the big announcement.

2K Sports 2K12@2KSports We have a HUGE #NBA2K13 announcement this week. So big that Michael Jordan wanted to help us. What is it? http://2kgam.es/NBA2K13

On 2k's Facebook page there's a pic MJ recording some vocals. I hope its not the "Big Announcement" but base on 2Ks Facebook and Twitter I think it is

# 42 Rasco11 @ 07/30/12 03:15 PM
Jigga what?.....Jigga courtside with Beyonce? It would be cool to see the presence of a few mainstays...Cuban, Jack, Spike, etc...

# 43 terminator t22 @ 07/30/12 03:18 PM
Does this mean 2k is part of illuminati lmao

# 44 Caveman24 @ 07/30/12 03:19 PM
2k picking up alot steam right now come Live give us something!

# 45 Jakeness23 @ 07/30/12 03:26 PM
Truly hope this isn't the HUGE announcement, because honestly... I couldn't care less about Jay-Z or the music that's in the game...

# 46 orrkl2002 @ 07/30/12 03:27 PM
Jay-Z executive producing 2k13....Its where that swag is coming from that they felt with Jordan on 2k11. To be honest... I'm kinda amped!!! Jay is a big B-Ball head and most of the Arena Music in the league is his hits. If you wanna top or match MJ you might as well get Jay-Z...one of the most influential figures in music, sports and pop culture in general. *Back to hiding* lol

# 47 almostbobsaget @ 07/30/12 03:35 PM
I wonder if "produced by Jay-Z" is going to be a static image on the screen at all times.

# 48 jbthegreat @ 07/30/12 03:43 PM
signing Jordan gives 2k a lot of leverage other celebs are more likely to do business with them since they have Jordan ala Jay Z we'll probably see spike lee in a classic game at MSG with Reggie choking

# 49 NINJAK2 @ 07/30/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Jigga what?.....Jigga courtside with Beyonce? It would be cool to see the presence of a few mainstays...Cuban, Jack, Spike, etc...
Always thought that would be a cool idea..to put the celebs courtside at their favorite teams arena Jigga at Nets games, Jordan sitting in booth at Bobcats(Sorry Mike) Lil Wayne at Heat, etc.

# 50 orrkl2002 @ 07/30/12 03:57 PM
Jay's influence is gonna be wayyy more than just some cameo's and hot soundtrack...Dude is a real b-ball fan I see some nice ideas coming plus I see the kicks resolution being focused on more too

# 51 jersez @ 07/30/12 04:03 PM
Man, I'm one of the biggest jay-z fans and I'm not hyped at all. 2k what are ya doing? keeping announcing announcements, release a 23 second video. Man hype me up with fixes, tell me you fixed foot-planting, tell me you fixed the momentum system, tell me you fix teammates ai. That will hype me up. All of this is extra stuff, and with how 2k12 was release we don't care. We want to know that you fixed the game.

I really don't like jay that much, simply because he took my nets away. I'm going to be destroying the Brooklyn nets in 2k13.

# 52 sk @ 07/30/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvc
The artists they get are underground, don't hate cuz u don't kno who they are.
Ace Hood, Busta Rhymes, and Eminem are not underground rappers. Neither is Drake or Lil Wayne.

# 53 tommyboii2008 @ 07/30/12 04:16 PM
It's 2k12 footage obviously, unless they haven't made any changes to the look. Not excited about he news though. Don't really care

# 54 rockchisler @ 07/30/12 04:33 PM
Don't forget he is part owner of the Nets so you have 2 owners of NBA basketball teams involved in the game.. No other game can claim that..

# 55 VDusen04 @ 07/30/12 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Ace Hood, Busta Rhymes, and Eminem are not underground rappers. Neither is Drake or Lil Wayne.
It seems 2K has been able to go bigger and bigger with each passing year in terms of the artists they're able to pull. However, even then, the names you mentioned (in addition to the likes of Snoop Dogg and Kanye West) make up but a small percentage of the musical offerings 2K has provided over the years.

# 56 wrestlinggod1 @ 07/30/12 04:46 PM
Were these always in the game?

# 57 infam0us @ 07/30/12 05:02 PM
Thats Under Armour?

# 58 King_B_Mack @ 07/30/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Were these always in the game?

Nope. Which is part of the reason guys saying that was 2K12 are wrong.

Just had a thought. Since this is just considered a teaser trailer, what if this is only a snippet of the full trailer and the line from Jay's Public Service Announcement, "Allow me to re-introduce myself..." is talking about a returning franchise? Perhaps the Jordan Challenge re-introducing itself after a year off with new moments from Mike's career? Possibilities are still there I suppose.

# 59 tommyboii2008 @ 07/30/12 05:25 PM
It's the EXACT SAME player models and faces from 2k12.. I don't care about some sprint advertisement im not going to pay any attention to. If you wanna reintroduce something, they better reintroduce My Crew and give me a reason to restart another my player career.

# 60 jersez @ 07/30/12 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Nope. Which is part of the reason guys saying that was 2K12 are wrong.

Just had a thought. Since this is just considered a teaser trailer, what if this is only a snippet of the full trailer and the line from Jay's Public Service Announcement, "Allow me to re-introduce myself..." is talking about a returning franchise? Perhaps the Jordan Challenge re-introducing itself after a year off with new moments from Mike's career? Possibilities are still there I suppose.
Man I hope so and I hope they put in a signature moment type of feature. I suggested that we not just relive the game but also perform one of his memorable moves, example shot over elo, shot over Russell etc. Basically recreate it, like messenjah matt used to do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.