Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Looks legit to me... Thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 cjallure24 @ 07/31/12 07:01 AM
i'm a little worried that jigga man will flood 2K13 with ROC nation artist for promotion..lol

# 102 Vni @ 07/31/12 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
LOL!!!!! There isn't ANYTHING in this video that could lead a reasonable person to conclude anything about the upcoming 2K13 product. You guys are reaching....
I agree even though the passing doesn't seem improved at all.

# 103 JerzeyReign @ 07/31/12 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
LOL!!!!! There isn't ANYTHING in this video that could lead a reasonable person to conclude anything about the upcoming 2K13 product. You guys are reaching....
This is Operation Sports -- if I don't reach then I wouldn't be fulfilling my membership requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
i'm a little worried that jigga man will flood 2K13 with ROC nation artist for promotion..lol
If we get Friday Night Lights J.Cole then I'm good.

# 104 Goffs @ 07/31/12 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Console dornas will be nothing but that! lol

hoorah for the PC version where I can have Heineken as a dorna!

# 105 23 @ 07/31/12 11:55 AM
I guess this is the reason the brooklyn bridge is on the cover?

Go figure... I don't and never have listened to Jay Z.. don't even like rap music

# 106 theprocess @ 07/31/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
over-react much, I am sure Jay did not have to pay to be in a video game, 2k is just trying to reach as much people as possible.
Dude, I'm not here to insult you or anything...you're right on one aspect, Jay-Z did not have to give 2k any money so he could be in the game. In fact, if he wanted to be in the game, for the use of his likeness, 2k would have to pay him.

NOW! Here me out. The title "Executive Producer" (Read carefully), means that he gave money to 2k so that his input would be an integral part of NBA 2k13. That is what an executive producer does, that's how Spielberg makes his money nowadays.

What type of input will Jay-Z be giving? Have a look at his portfolio, his business partners, his friends, his friend's business ventures. A few or all of these things will be appearing in the game. The man is not a rapper, he's a business mogul. When Jay-Z raps about being in the club with his "ho's" and "bottles of piss water", do you actually believe that he is that man he rhymes about?

We are talking about a man who made an attempt at profiting from the Recent 99% Wall Street protests. Sorry to inform you but Jay-Z is a gangster...just not the one you're thinking off.

# 107 rangerrick012 @ 07/31/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator S
So the folks over at 2K Sports assume everybody who plays the NBA 2K basketball franchise listens to Jay-Z? What about the minority of folks that don't listen to Jay-Z? How will you cater to that group? I really don't mind listening to Jay-Z but from an marketing aspect you are taking the overall consensus popularity here by getting one of the best rappers out there. You will gain some supporters, you will lose some supporters. Hopefully for 2K the margin for addition is better than the subtraction.
Anyone that doesn't buy the game because they don't like Jay Z probably needs their head checked or isn't a serious gamer anyways.

# 108 swimfunk @ 07/31/12 12:57 PM
courtesy of USDA

99 problems but 2k ain?t fix one! If you havin' d/c problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 problems, but 2k ain't fix one, hit me!!

# 109 ccoaxum @ 07/31/12 01:20 PM
lol now that was really funny good one swimfunk

# 110 optimi5t @ 07/31/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
courtesy of USDA

99 problems but 2k ain?t fix one! If you havin' d/c problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 problems, but 2k ain't fix one, hit me!!
ahhahaahhahaahahha

# 111 kjjnesb @ 07/31/12 02:39 PM
I realy like this because the soundtrack might not be just Jay Z it could anyone he's worked with from Kayne to Lincoln Park.

That said it was weird for 2k to surround the announcement in hyperbole then let it sit for 3 weeks only to leak with no explanation. You'd think "The biggest announcement in 2K History!!11!" would have been better protected from leaks.

# 112 Vni @ 07/31/12 03:15 PM
Would be funny if that was the Huge announcement.

# 113 RyanFitzmagic @ 07/31/12 03:51 PM
Why do they always have Blake hang on the rim with one hand? He never does that.

# 114 theprocess @ 07/31/12 03:52 PM
Did OS start handing out Horse-Blinders to the newest members?

# 115 VUUAASSHHH! @ 07/31/12 07:11 PM
may I know who jayz is?

# 116 Henryflo91 @ 07/31/12 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VUUAASSHHH!
may I know who jayz is?
Some big lipped dude.

# 117 DBMcGee3 @ 08/01/12 09:43 AM
Jay Z is still alive? Ugh, well I guess this is what iPods are for. It's a shame, I always liked 2k's soundtracks.

# 118 theprocess @ 08/01/12 11:08 AM
So Jay-Z didn't just curate the game's soundtrack (at right). "The level of detail he wanted to talk about—down the road, you'll find out about some of the ideas he had—was really surprising," Argent insisted. "Getting a phone call from Jay-Z in the middle of the day, with him saying 'You know, here's something I've been thinking about,' is a surreal experience."

"We're looking on it as NBA 2K, but through the eyes of Jay-Z," Argent said.

Somebody give me the Nobel...I'm out.

# 119 goledensilence @ 08/01/12 01:33 PM
hmm I like this being that i'm a Jay Z fan. With Jay Z comes J. Cole, Kanye West & his crew "G.O.O.D Music". Jay Z would help 2K get more copies sold because there are a lot of people that will buy anything that features his name just like with Michael Jordan.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.