Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Voting has begun to determine the fastest quarterback in Madden NFL 13. For the remainder of the week, we'll see polls for throwing power, accuracy and awareness.

The four-week campaign allows fans to vote on attributes like speed, elusiveness, hit power and more. The winner of each vote will be the highest-rated player for that attribute at their position in Madden NFL 13.

Upcoming weeks will focus on running backs, wide receivers and defenders, with the winners in each category announced every Friday. Here is the voting schedule breakdown:
  • July 30 – Aug 3: Quarterbacks – Speed, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Awareness
  • Aug 6 – 10: Running Backs – Speed, Acceleration, Trucking, Elusiveness
  • Aug 13 – 17: Wide Receivers & Tight Ends – Speed, Spectacular Catch, Route Running, Agility
  • Aug 20 – 24: Defense – Speed, Hit Power, Tackling, Man Coverage
  • Aug 24: Offensive Line, Special Teams and Overall Team Ratings
Not only will each winner receive a boost in their attributes in Madden NFL 13, but they’ll also be immortalized with a special card in Madden Ultimate Team. Fans who collect the cards of every winning player will be able to add them to a collection which will unlock a special Madden Ultimate Team reward in Madden NFL 13.

So the question is... Who should be the fastest QB in Madden NFL 13?
  • Michael Vick
  • Robert Griffin III
  • Terrelle Pryor

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 unc_kobw @ 07/30/12 03:48 PM
RG3. And he also has the early lead. lol

# 2 raiders81tim @ 07/30/12 03:55 PM
Both RG3 and Pyror ran 4.38 in the 40, but I still think Vick is faster than both in terms of football speed.

# 3 Dewiel @ 07/30/12 05:25 PM
Keep in mind that the vote is limited to the Top 3 players in each category. So this isn't about being a homer. Realistically, there are many debates on the fastest QB. The best part is I get to see how you guys stack up against what Donny currently has.

# 4 A_New_Classic @ 07/30/12 05:36 PM
Probably RG3.

Pryor is too unproven to be the fastest QB in the game. I realize that sounds stupid since I picked RG3, but at least he is going to get the chance to start while Pryor is a 3rd string that most likely won't see the field outside the preseason. I think Vick is aging as well so that's another reason to give Griffin the nod as well as he could have been a highly rated sprinter in track if he chose to.

# 5 at23steelers @ 07/30/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Mr. Dewiel if it's not out of bounds to ask, who at EA/Tiburon comes up with these type of things? I can understand stirring up debate among football fans and Madden gamers but I can't think of a time I have ever got into a spirited debate about which QB is faster. I watched something on the NFL network a few nights ago about the top 10 clutch QBs or something like that which had many differing opinions on the list but voting on the "fastest" QB and then that deciding their actual speed rating in Madden, I just don't get it.
How about EA goes to actual real hard data and different credible scouting reports and tells us who the fastest / most accurate / etc QB is. I bet the EA people wish they thought of that earlier!! haha

# 6 TomSNC @ 07/30/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
How about EA goes to actual real hard data and different credible scouting reports and tells us who the fastest / most accurate / etc QB is. I bet the EA people wish they thought of that earlier!! haha
This over fans choosing

# 7 Dewiel @ 07/30/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
That's what our ratings are based off of. Donny uses every site out there to come up with ratings.

Who do you guys think should be the fastest QB? Some will argue Vick because he's proven game speed in the NFL and others will say RGIII. It's clear that there are many different opinions. The key here is this isn't open to any player. It's guys who are already tied or very close in the rating already. We're not putting guys who are 95's in a category against guys who are 87's if that makes sense.

# 8 raiders81tim @ 07/30/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Classic
Probably RG3.

Pryor is too unproven to be the fastest QB in the game. I realize that sounds stupid since I picked RG3, but at least he is going to get the chance to start while Pryor is a 3rd string that most likely won't see the field outside the preseason. I think Vick is aging as well so that's another reason to give Griffin the nod as well as he could have been a highly rated sprinter in track if he chose to.
Even if Vick slowed down a great deal is top end speed is still far greater than the other two. He ran a 4.26 as a rookie compared to the 4.38s of the other two. And honestly there is no evidence of Vick losing a step. He looks as explosive as ever.

# 9 LBzrule @ 07/30/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
That's what our ratings are based off of. Donny uses every site out there to come up with ratings.

Who do you guys think should be the fastest QB? Some will argue Vick because he's proven game speed in the NFL and others will say RGIII. It's clear that there are many different opinions. The key here is this isn't open to any player. It's guys who are already tied or very close in the rating already. We're not putting guys who are 95's in a category against guys who are 87's if that makes sense.
I have a question though. How do ratings work with respect to guys who were hurt during the combine and their pro day and chose to run anyway, particularly a year later when they are finally healthy? Do you keep them at the speed that was assigned or do you increase them? What happens in that scenario?

# 10 Dewiel @ 07/30/12 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I have a question though. How do ratings work with respect to guys who were hurt during the combine and their pro day and chose to run anyway?
Good question. I don't have the exact answer, but I know a lot of it will depend on what they show in preseason. For the base rating, Donny would have to explain as I don't know and refuse to make something up.

# 11 ItsOrangeBaby @ 07/30/12 06:24 PM
This is not too bad its only the speed rating and not acceleration and agility, but hopefully the fans get the voting right for this.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

# 12 JerzeyReign @ 07/30/12 06:25 PM
Vick. He's the only one who has displayed his "4.3" speed in a NFL game. I'm sure RGIII is just as fast but until he proves it in game I have to decline.

Rodgers looks a lot faster than his 4.7 speed and Cam looks a little light on his feet despite running a 4.5.

Its all about how they perform in game IMO.

# 13 Senator Palmer @ 07/30/12 06:34 PM
I respect Dewiel for chiming in to try to clarify this, but I'm sorry, I don't think fans have any place in voting on ratings. Even if it is a point here or there, something like this inevitably turns into a popularity contest.

I'm sure that by week 4 or 5 a roster update will change a good many of these, but rightly or wrongly something like this only undermines the work being put in on the ratings by making them seem arbitrary.

# 14 Senator Palmer @ 07/30/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Pure speed... RG3 hands down. Then Pryor... Then Vick. That's is based on their fastest know times.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
If it's known times then it's Vick. Vick ran 4.29 coming out of Tech and was 4.33 at his pro day. Griffin was 4.38 at the combine.

# 15 NikeBlitz @ 07/30/12 08:11 PM
Vick. And i'm a Giants fan.

But well, the hype surrounded RGIII ...

# 16 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/30/12 08:15 PM
Most of the voters are voting for their favorite, they do not know all these facts as people are posting. These polls are gonna be all biased. Sucks too.

# 17 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 07/30/12 08:18 PM
I hope you guys dont make one for running backs. Chris Johnson is the fastest running back in the league, but you let fans vote between cj, jamal charles and another speedster, i just dont know what the end result would be. You have alot of JC supporters.

# 18 roadman @ 07/30/12 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Most of the voters are voting for their favorite, they do not know all these facts as people are posting. These polls are gonna be all biased. Sucks too.
I think it will be RGIII because he is fresh out of college, not that it makes it right, at all.

# 19 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/30/12 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think it will be RGIII because he is fresh out of college, not that it makes it right, at all.
No doubt, but if you read some of the comments, a lot of the people know NOTHING about the game nor NFL lol.

That is why I think it is outrageous to let "fans" vote on ratings..

The majority of the players that play this game do not know hard facts that ratings SHOULD take into account.

# 20 Joobieo @ 07/30/12 09:23 PM
RG3 - Track Speed

Vick - NFL Game Speed.

There is a difference.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.