Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 title update #1 is available now for both PS3 and 360. Please keep in mind title update #2 arrives in late August, which fixes gameplay, dynasty and custom playbook issues. It will also include the Uniform Store.

What does the first title update fix exactly? Here's a recap.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game.

The online rankings system update, was a server side update last week. Once you play your next game, you'll notice a change in the leaderboards.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 LionsFanNJ @ 08/03/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
I don't know if it's an odd coincidence, but as soon as I download the 2nd Tuner today, and play a game at Rutgers, like I have done nearly a 100 times so far; this happens.

Apparently Nessler thought the game was in Denver, Colorado.
Its been happening to me since release man most of my dynasty games Nessler says i'm in Colorado. I've been meaning to put it in the glitch thread. I don't think its a result of the patch/new tuner.

# 162 ndfan1993 @ 08/03/12 12:09 PM
Apparently through this patch they also fixed my problem with being unable to connect to the Season Showdown servers as well as getting the end of game stat emails corrected. Wonder if they even know they did this?

# 163 thbends @ 08/03/12 12:24 PM
STILL unable to play my game near the end of the season in my Online Dynasty against a friend's team. TCU at Texas... every time we try to connect it says the session is no longer available. TOTAL BS

# 164 rufusone @ 08/03/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its been happening to me since release man most of my dynasty games Nessler says i'm in Colorado. I've been meaning to put it in the glitch thread. I don't think its a result of the patch/new tuner.
Ok something is wrong there because I'm playing Rutgers with an off line Dynasty and Brad never says Colorado when Rutgers is home, he says the correct stadium and city in my dynasty. I have DL the patch, but no tuners at all. I'm on the 360 FYI

# 165 nxt @ 08/03/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusone
Ok something is wrong there because I'm playing Rutgers with an off line Dynasty and Brad never says Colorado when Rutgers is home, he says the correct stadium and city in my dynasty. I have DL the patch, but no tuners at all. I'm on the 360 FYI
This happened to me last night on my (360) Offline Dynasty. I'm actually playing my Dynasty as San Diego State, but was on a bye week, so I decided to play one of the other games... it was Louisville at Rutgers... and Nessler welcomed me to Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

I've also heard them mentioned the wrong stadium another time, but I forgot which stadium. BTW, I have the patch and updated tuner.

# 166 Rivals @ 08/03/12 07:02 PM
Sooo glad I didn't buy this game.

# 167 bvb24 @ 08/03/12 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Sooo glad I didn't buy this game.
I agree. Sounds like a mess. Although I'm playing bulletstorm and it's a glitch-fest too. Thanks EA.

# 168 BA2929 @ 08/03/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
So now it's the xbox's fault?

Face it, there is a serious issue with the game.
I've had 1 freeze and I've played 40+ games.

No serious issues here. I've had more freezes with NBA 2k12 and Battlefield 3 than with NCAA '13.

# 169 lowndsy @ 08/04/12 03:31 AM
For those needing the tuner. I had to go online as if I was going to play a match then it prompted me!

# 170 thelasthurtknee @ 08/05/12 10:20 AM
no issues for me either. runs smooth and wonderful. the first ncaa to do so in forever.

# 171 gopher_guy @ 08/05/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've had 1 freeze and I've played 40+ games.

No serious issues here. I've had more freezes with NBA 2k12 and Battlefield 3 than with NCAA '13.
Similar experience, I've had 0 freezes.

Those who didn't buy the game this year are really missing out, IMO!

# 172 PROTOHYPE @ 08/06/12 04:53 AM
Wasn't planning on buying the game, even though NCAA 12 bores the hell out of me now after playing about 13 seasons of Dynasty.

But my Bro came home with NCAA 13 today so it's whatever. Just played a quick game on default settings (Varsity) with Hawai'i against Boise. I know it's only Varsity, but the game felt too easy. I simmed through all defense. The passing seemed easy. The defense wasn't playing psychic like in NCAA 12.

Even though Hawai'i is running a pro-set offense now, I still managed to go a combined 32-38 with 7 touchdowns and 515 yards with ZERO interceptions (lol something I haven't been able to do in NCAA 12 for a while) even though there were 2 that were dropped and one or two that should have been picked but the defender didn't even notice. Kinda like the good ole days with June Jones and the real Run N Shoot Offense. lol Also managed 124 yards rushing with 2 TDs.

I know that's nothing to brag about, but idk, just seems too easy. Or maybe cause I usually play on Heisman. idk.

The game feels more fluid except for the jukes. The players will just stop on a dime and take a hop left or right. Thought that was funny. But the animations seem smooth and I noticed there's a relatively high amount of motion blur added.

Gameplay seems much more enjoyable but I did read somewhere that that's about all it has to offer. Heisman challenge isn't anything special and dynasty still plays out the same. But still, like everyone says, it is the best they've had in years.

# 173 mercalnd @ 08/06/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
i know they said they were gonna release another patch in august does anyone know what it will address?
Here's what was in the original announcement for the 2 patches:

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
Zone Defense has been updated.
We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.

Dynasty
Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.

Custom Playbooks
Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

# 174 michigan21 @ 08/06/12 09:40 PM
Is there a fix coming for the freezes or what? I understand the late august patch coming, but what about the freezes?

# 175 troy184 @ 08/06/12 10:36 PM
Will patch 2 fix the freeze issues

# 176 pmurray20 @ 08/07/12 01:51 AM
wth everytime i simulate the week in online dynasty the sliders and difficulty goes back to Default

# 177 Razer1066 @ 08/07/12 10:29 PM
May be late to the party but is there a way to download these patches without your Xbox being connected to the internet. Obviously I have internet for my computer but I don't think I should have to be forced into using Xbox Live to download something to fix a broken game.

# 178 michigan21 @ 08/08/12 05:29 PM
After having this game for almost a month, with the tuners, the patch, the ice skating replays, the freezing, I really think this game failed to deliver badly. Its unbelievable to think a significant amount of people still have to find workarounds to the freezing issue, and so far there has been no comment from EA. I really had hopes for this years game, but EA screwed the pooch so bad with ncaa 13, I dont see myself buying Madden.

# 179 Rawdeal28 @ 08/09/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydNDLAL
Wish the patch would already come tired of seeing the safety play ********.
so am i. i really like this game but i think i may drop it once madden gets here.

the cpu defensive play-calling is ATROCIOUS! all they do is play Cover 2 zone! even when its 3rd & 25 and i have to call a streak play.

this is the only thing ruining the game for me. the deep ball is too easy to complete.

# 180 Skulletor @ 08/10/12 05:54 PM
mega-sigh
after 3 or 4 seasons post patch, it looks like corrupted save files are back
can't load save file without crashing
games crash on load

two different xboxes, two different discs

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.