Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will be shown to select media outlets on Thursday. OS was not invited, so we aren't sure what will be shown or when the embargo will lift.

The sooner that happens, the better.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 I Djm @ 08/02/12 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You can't be serious.

Most of us wouldn't have wasted our time to go to Vancouver and help shape the game to be a better basketball game if we wanted it to fail.

What you're ignoring is the fact that a good amount of people check here routinely with the hope we can have multiple enjoyable titles to spur innovation, much like back in the day.
obviously you guys went there to sabotage them so only 2k could win.

# 102 King_B_Mack @ 08/02/12 01:49 PM
I will say this much I've played some Live titles in my day that I enjoyed the hell out of, but I'd love to get my hands on the copy that him and some of these other guys have apparently played that was so amazing, so groundbreaking and innovative that any and all sort of objectivity about Live/Elite and EA Sports has clearly left them.

# 103 cnilsson2 @ 08/02/12 01:52 PM
i don't really care about NBA Live. I'd rather EA bring back MVP. Take 2 Interactive sucks balls >

# 104 Altimus @ 08/02/12 02:01 PM
But yet you venture into the Live forum to post that comment?

# 105 23 @ 08/02/12 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You can't be serious.

Most of us wouldn't have wasted our time to go to Vancouver and help shape the game to be a better basketball game if we wanted it to fail.

What you're ignoring is the fact that a good amount of people check here routinely with the hope we can have multiple enjoyable titles to spur innovation, much like back in the day.

I think its sad that you even have to make this post though...

Even then he probably really believes whats posted below your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Exactly.. its pretty much gotten this bad.

# 106 23 @ 08/02/12 02:20 PM
When does this event take place anyway?

# 107 noshun @ 08/02/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
At a place called Speculation.. time.. speculated, or ask captaintuna.. he knows for sure, Im just speculating of course.

# 108 Pared @ 08/02/12 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I actually couldn't stop laughing after this one. Bravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
At a place called Speculation.. time.. speculated, or ask captaintuna.. he knows for sure, Im just speculating of course.
I heard they cancelled all speculation. Go figure.

# 109 I Djm @ 08/02/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

a livesteam is supposed to be up now

# 110 bigeastbumrush @ 08/02/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
WHy is it so hard for people to accept that we like Live? It's a live forum, of course we are going to be in favor of it and any news we can get our hands on. Not news from the past or the evil ways of EA.

I'm not aplogizing for Live 13, I haven't even played it. Either has anyone here. I should be mad and feel underapprectiated because a game that is due to release in oct isnt out yet and not being given the utmost attention and interaction with its consumers?
And the bolded is where you are being so misguided.

Most of the people pissed off are pissed because they want a good Live to be released. They're not here to simply bash the game.

If you knew their posting history...then you would know exactly where they're coming from.

The same people you're knocking spent countless hours working on rosters, sliders and all sorts of twerks to previous Live games to get them better. Many of us have been burnt year after year investing money and time into NBA Live.

We want 2 good games and 2 good options.

But keep on thinking differently since you know so much...

# 111 King_B_Mack @ 08/02/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
WHy is it so hard for people to accept that we like Live? It's a live forum, of course we are going to be in favor of it and any news we can get our hands on. Not news from the past or the evil ways of EA.

I'm not aplogizing for Live 13, I haven't even played it. Either has anyone here. I should be mad and feel underapprectiated because a game that is due to release in oct isnt out yet and not being given the utmost attention and interaction with its consumers?
You realize no one cares that you like Live right? Hell I like Live. I played the hell out of Live 05 back in the day. All-Star Weekend, dunk contest all that stuff? Yeah, I was all over Live back in the day and made continued to play it next gen. I think pretty much everybody here has some sort of positive feeling somewhere about the Live franchise.

People showing skepticism about a game and company that has dropped the ball repeatedly for half a decade isn't "hating" on it or "bashing" it or "trashing" it or any of this other crap some of you guys keep coming up with for this product. What is going on is demanding the best from the biggest publisher in the world with the most resources in all of video games and to not continue pissing on our legs and telling us it's rain.

You think people want the game to be out now? Not even close. This game isn't even due to be out in October considering it's not even at Beta right now. We know that because they just told us that a day ago. Stop bitching about people showing skepticism to this whole process and start asking your developers some damn questions that deserve to be asked like 'Why did you cancel a game that you expressed that you felt wasn't up to the level of quality you want your games to be at and then proceed to waste your development time picking through the pieces of that same trash to the point that it's August 2nd and you're not at Beta yet?'

# 112 noshun @ 08/02/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Because they owe us nothing...

Disappointed that the news isn't better...yes but look at the action this board is getting now. Can only go off with whats been layed out by them. Live is due out in oct. It's using ant tech found in other games with improved physics, live 10 controls(hooray no shotstick), good graphics, espn presentation, online modes, synergy stats

Im not butthurt cause I'm content with Live 10 and can get a game online any night of the week.

I put Live 10 in the top five all time of games I like. Until they take down the servers....then I'll come and complain at the evils of EA for letting a cult classic die.

If Live 13 for whatever reason doesn't come out, I'll be the first one here for them to keep the Live 10 servers alive like they did when elite got cancelled. Hopefully they will update the rosters or re-release as a digital download with updated rosters.
With this post, you confirmed just how clueless you really are. That is all. nothing wrong with you liking Live. The highlighted part and clueless, go hand in hand, if you dont get it.

# 113 SageInfinite @ 08/02/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
They owe use everything, we are former customers and potential customers for the product they are about to release.

# 114 jsg @ 08/02/12 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintuna
I'll answer this - Nothing but pure SPECULATION.

I think many here on OS want Live 13 to fail and not deliver for various reasons. I would not be surprised if there is some "business partnership" between OS and the 'other' NBA game and part of that is too trash their competition.

This sort of thing happens all the time between certain video game companies and certain video game sites/retailers. It's not uncommon whatosever and it would not surprise me in the least if that's what is going on here with EA's Live 13.....especially considering all of the NEGATIVE comments about Live 13 yet NOT A SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION has been released/shown/advertised/discussed/previewed about the game.

Kind of odd to be trashing a game based on past reputation, don't you think? Or maybe that's part of their agenda.
I would like to be part of this "business partnership". I could use some extra cash or free games.

Don't you judge everything on past reputation? If a restaurant gives you crap service 2 prior times, are you going to go there a 3rd time?

I used to be a die hard Ea Sports fan. I would buy Madden, NCAA and Live every year with no questions. I laughed at the 2k fans when Madden got the exclusive license. Now, I buy Madden and NCAA every 2 years and I haven't liked Live since 05. We need competition. We want to have a choice. We want to play the best sports games ever made. That's what next gen was supposed to be. I want to have the equivalent of Uncharted or Halo 3 but as a basketball game. I don't care what company makes it.

# 115 noshun @ 08/02/12 05:59 PM
Quote:
first you say this.. now youre asking this:

Quote:
What exactly do they owe us?
you really are confused.. which one is it with you?

# 116 23 @ 08/02/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Go make your own game if thats what you want. As fomer customers did we not get what we bought? What have you purchased in Live 13 that you havent gotten? Is it your time and energy you want back? Recognition?

What do they owe us?
Yep, this right here tells me you have no idea what you're talking about

Im not going to even waste anymore time talking to you

Noshun is right, you are very confused

# 117 SageInfinite @ 08/02/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i don't want NBA Live 13 to fail, i just find it funny that they bragged about Elite, showed it off, got a terrible reaction, had to scrap the game, announced a comeback after a year off, and have done nothing to change the perception from NBA Elite. And then i find it even more funny the people who blindly defend this game.

So i just get more humor out of this. I'd rather they put out a quality game because then it forces 2k to step their game up even more.
That's the part that gets me. They had time I'm sure other sports devs would kill for. They could've built a sick foundation and had a really nice start up for Live 13. Hell they still could, but from everything I've been hearing/reading. That doesn't seem to be the case.

# 118 King_B_Mack @ 08/02/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Confused? I'm asking what it is exactly you think they owe us as former consumers of their product. They fulfilled those obligations and for me still do cause I still play live 10.

They owe us everything is rather confusing..especially for a game that isn't out. Can I get one example of what you think you deserve beore a game is released? If it's a game you want then a game you will get come Oct.

I think you guys just want to give props to your own posts. Maybe there is a conspiracy here.
Well if you wanna get technical about it, cool. I, along with the rest of the community was put on numerous three year plans that never came to fruition. So if we're looking for some specifics, after the debacle that was that stripped down garbage Live 06 we were orignally introduced to the three year plan. 07 came and went, slight improvement, then there was a new direction for 08. By my calculations that's $139.98 so far. So we're on the new 3 year plan, quality was still terrible, but hope was still being sold. 09 came and went, still crap. So plus the 69.99 a piece for 08 and 09 that brings the total to $209.97 now. Alright year three is here. While we got a solid title in Live 10, it was the start of a new plan because we were in a new direction under a new lead in Mike Wang. That's cool though, cause this was the best game of the bunch so far, so we won't count the money spent here. That brings us to the train wreck that was Elite 11. So the three year plan we started on with 10 has already been scrapped for a new three year plan and they didn't start talking that three year plan garbage until the videos started exposing what kind of garbage they were about to sell us. That's when damage control tried to sell us that Elite was the first year of this new plan. Of course that ended up falling on it's face cause the damage was too severe and the game got cancelled. Fast foward to now and this is supposed to be the first year of yet another three year plan that we're supposed to shell out 69.99 for.

So in conclusion, by my calculations they ACTUALLY owe us (since you insist on knowing) $209.97 each or the four great games we were promised at the end of the four different three year plans.

# 119 JerzeyReign @ 08/02/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's the part that gets me. They had time I'm sure other sports devs would kill for. They could've built a sick foundation and had a really nice start up for Live 13. Hell they still could, but from everything I've been hearing/reading. That doesn't seem to be the case.
AND they could of came into the community and gathered ideas earlier. If we would of had an even larger hand in this I bet we'd be a lot more patient with this silence. They actually wasted a valuable "bonding" experience with the community.

# 120 23 @ 08/02/12 10:09 PM
So what happened at today's event?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.