Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will be shown to select media outlets on Thursday. OS was not invited, so we aren't sure what will be shown or when the embargo will lift.

The sooner that happens, the better.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 23 @ 08/03/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
False.

They cancelled Elite 11 because of community backlash.

I know what it is

He's the one who doesn't care about NBA Live

He'd rather they continue to tail duck and release anything even if its crap just to say there is a game out there. Im starting to understand now

# 142 Pared @ 08/03/12 04:47 PM
Is that all you've read on here?

I feel like I should just copy and paste my previous two posts.

Grief.

# 143 23 @ 08/03/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Is that all you've read on here?

I feel like I should just copy and paste my previous two posts.

Grief.
Told you this guy is a waste of time

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

# 144 23 @ 08/03/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I hope we all like Live here because this is the Live forum...otherwise there is some massive trolling going on... It seems like the real issue you guys have with this game is that OS isn't involved in the loop anymore.
I already warned you yesterday... its time for you to stop it.

Either post on the topic or dont post at all

The mods handle the site and they know exactly how to call out trolling or any other TOS Violation.

You need to take a step back and post a thought on the game or the topic if you have one or move on

I wont be warning you the next time

# 145 King_B_Mack @ 08/03/12 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
My apolgies for anyone who has had to read through this back and forth....

Sorry but Ive tried to put you on ignore 23 and it wont let me. You have done nothing but called me out, answered my questions with more questions instead of your points, tried to 1up all of my posts with the opposite take just because.. Sorry but you are trolling me.

I'll be online riding off into the sunset playing Live 10 tonight! Why dont you hit me up for a game that you apparently like.

# 146 authentic @ 08/03/12 06:38 PM
I don't think anyone here "hates" EA basketball. I think a lot of people are a little upset about past experiences with the game and how little has been released this year on it.

I know I feel the pain from past games and how poorly they ran the game. It almost felt like EA was always trying to work on the bad parts and move on from the good parts.

For instance, what was the point of cancelling the Live series after 10? I personally thought Live 10 made somes strides and was heading in the right direction. The turnaround from Live 10 to Elite 11 was disasterous and that's the reason they cancelled it. They didn't cancel it because it wasn't up to their standards or our standards, they cancelled it because it was a downright awful game that they could not support or fix in patches.

I really don't know what's going on with Live 13, but I hope they can figure it out and get some competition out there. I have a feeling the earliest we'll see information on it will be in two weeks.

As for the post that said that we're not passionate about Live, I think you're wrong. This is a public forum though, and there's always going to be people from the 2k boards coming here, and people from this section going there and saying things. I enjoy both games, so I just sit around and enjoy it.

# 147 King_B_Mack @ 08/03/12 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I don't think anyone here "hates" EA basketball. I think a lot of people are a little upset about past experiences with the game and how little has been released this year on it.

I know I feel the pain from past games and how poorly they ran the game. It almost felt like EA was always trying to work on the bad parts and move on from the good parts.

For instance, what was the point of cancelling the Live series after 10? I personally thought Live 10 made somes strides and was heading in the right direction. The turnaround from Live 10 to Elite 11 was disasterous and that's the reason they cancelled it. They didn't cancel it because it wasn't up to their standards or our standards, they cancelled it because it was a downright awful game that they could not support or fix in patches.

I really don't know what's going on with Live 13, but I hope they can figure it out and get some competition out there. I have a feeling the earliest we'll see information on it will be in two weeks.

As for the post that said that we're not passionate about Live, I think you're wrong. This is a public forum though, and there's always going to be people from the 2k boards coming here, and people from this section going there and saying things. I enjoy both games, so I just sit around and enjoy it.
See, don't agree with that. They cancelled it because they didn't have a choice once it got out throughout the community that it was a disaster and the other game had Jordan on the cover that would absolutely destroy them. If Jordan and the Jordan Challenge wasn't on 2K that year or EA had succeeded in getting exclusive rights like they'd been trying to do for years, you can bet your *** that Elite 11 would be sitting on store shelves right now. They had a choice to support NCAA 10 and the ability to fix that in patches and didn't do that so I doubt being unable to support or fix Elite with patches had much of anything to do with it getting the axe days before release.

# 148 noshun @ 08/03/12 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
See, don't agree with that. They cancelled it because they didn't have a choice once it got out throughout the community that it was a disaster and the other game had Jordan on the cover that would absolutely destroy them. If Jordan and the Jordan Challenge wasn't on 2K that year or EA had succeeded in getting exclusive rights like they'd been trying to do for years, you can bet your *** that Elite 11 would be sitting on store shelves right now. They had a choice to support NCAA 10 and the ability to fix that in patches and didn't do that so I doubt being unable to support or fix Elite with patches had much of anything to do with it getting the axe days before release.
They cancelled it because Hard8times is Michael Knight, and his Jesus Bynum video was Kitt.

"one man can make a difference..."

He single handedly shut a game studio dept down, got a whole dev team replaced, a project switched to another country, a new team hired and assembled at Tiburon with gregorian chants and tealight hallway socials, made them salvage from the scrap heap, and shut down all marketing showings of the new project for a bit.

# 149 authentic @ 08/03/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Jordan or not, elite was getting cancelled. You act like game developers no nothing about video games and how they work.

# 150 coolcras7 @ 08/03/12 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintuna
Exactly. LOL @ anyone who thinks that Elite got cancelled because it didn't have Jordan in their game. Who really cares about someone who last played nearly a decade ago? If 2K spends half the time on improving player animations and player control instead of "shoving" Michael Jordan down our throats every year now.....then maybe EA's Live would have received the final nail in the coffin.
A-lot of older people like myself care about Michael Jordan you can try to down play his evolvement all you want, but when his new shoe comes out people stand in lines, he can still sell a product and is still considered the best ever, but back to your comparison 2k11 developmental team did not sit by and say we got Jordan thats all we need, no they created what is considered the best sports simulation to date and cause EA to scrap the release of an inferior product.

# 151 King_B_Mack @ 08/04/12 03:41 AM
Quote:
Jordan or not, elite was getting cancelled. You act like game developers no nothing about video games and how they work.
Wait, WTF are you talking about? How do I act like developers know nothing about video games and how they work? If you don't remember what happened back then you should probably excuse yourself from the conversation. Jordan or not Elite was getting cancelled? No it wasn't cause it was already gold and ready to ship to stores. The game got delayed a friggin week before release. You seem to have it made up in your head already that they were sitting around doing some play testing and decided it wasn't up to their standard of excellence. Wrong. It was past the testing point already, they knew what was in that game and what was wrong with it already. The only reason they even delayed it is because of the hard8times video exposing what a disaster they had on their hands, that and Jordan being on the cover of 2K and they knew it was going to crush Elite at that point. Maybe they just bit the bullet and cancelled it a few weeks later after that because of their standard (doubt it) but if not for hard8times and Jordan, Elite would have dropped business as usual.

Quote:
Exactly. LOL @ anyone who thinks that Elite got cancelled because it didn't have Jordan in their game. Who really cares about someone who last played nearly a decade ago? If 2K spends half the time on improving player animations and player control instead of "shoving" Michael Jordan down our throats every year now.....then maybe EA's Live would have received the final nail in the coffin.
I said I wasn't going to actually respond to any of the stuff you post around here but this...seriously....

Who really cares? Apparently whoever is responsible for those 5 million+ copies sold of 2K11 that I guarantee you at least a few people who were going to buy Elite are apart of. But whatever helps you sleep at night bro.

EDIT:

Somebody explain to me, how the hell something like this even makes it to a week before release before it becomes clear that it and I'm quoting Peter Moore here, "would benefit from more time in development."

# 152 23 @ 08/04/12 04:16 AM
Quote:

# 153 Boilerbuzz @ 08/04/12 04:18 AM
Quote:
I'm just happy EA isn't throwing out crazy marketing hype over their game. We've seen what 2k's so called "Great announcement of all-time" has created. All it's created on this board is disappointment and trust issues.

I'm not sure how this Live title is going to be, but I have faith that they can eventually release a solid product in the future.
Wow. So 2k claiming a "major announcement" isn't the same as EA doing things "never seen in a game" hype? Blind and biased, thy name is 'authentic'.

# 154 jfsolo @ 08/04/12 10:22 AM
Well at least he didn't call him a "bum" like the dude in my sig did, there's that, I guess.

# 155 shaunlmason @ 08/04/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It also should be said that I don't think Live will be anything spectacular. Probably just a solid foundation in my opinion is the best that can be hoped for.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I agree. I think it is ludicrous to think they are going to catch NBA2K right out of the gates.

# 156 SageInfinite @ 08/04/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
I'm in my mid-30s and I watched Jordan play in his prime and I purchased his overpriced sneakers that were made in Chinese sweatshops by underage children back in the day. However that was during the 80s and 90s and in the year 2013, Michael Jeffrey Jordan or any other 'blue hair' legend that 2K is using to sell it's product is IRRELEVANT to me and many people.

# 157 BlueNGold @ 08/04/12 11:23 AM
Question, OS:

This thread has been just awesome.

# 158 authentic @ 08/04/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wow. So 2k claiming a "major announcement" isn't the same as EA doing things "never seen in a game" hype? Blind and biased, thy name is 'authentic'.
I'm sorry, but when's the last time a company claimed to have the biggest announcement ever to later release it's just a soundtrack? Also, I think your missing where I have said that I have bought 2k over the years, and that I enjoy 2k. Every company says they're doing something never before seen in video games. I have never stated EA is king and 2k is second and that that won't ever change. It's not bias, it's the truth coming from someone who has bought every 2k game this gen and only 2 live games.

# 159 noshun @ 08/04/12 02:27 PM
I want to know what steve thinks and could he elaborate on what regdave talks about here. I know this is e3 stuff, but to listen and hear these things, I think he hits on points that make you wonder.

Then to read that EA isnt at beta yet, doesnt sound too good. People want to give a pass saying its a new devs team etc, but this new dev team is salvaging old dev team parts. Shouldnt they be trying to fix the things wrong with their past games, such as Live10/Elite11 in corollation to the swipes at 2k? Let alone the beta needs testing. I did a few months on beta Qa live 07/08, so being theyre not at beta... and less than 2 months to release, doesnt sound too good.

# 160 kingeo19 @ 08/04/12 05:06 PM
Noshun,
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this video a few weeks ago. Regular Dave is in another video in which he and sma11z99 (one of the 2k chosen Team Up members) react to what they were shown at E3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-dk8ruzgG4&feature=plcp

It's the real reaction a sim basketball fan would have when they're shown something unimpressive unlike this character HipHopGamer aka shots fired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX2Ru5h8d9w Don't watch the whole thing.
Wasn't he shown the same things everyone else was shown?

No positive reaction from industry press at the BIGGEST trade event of the year. No report of the game at the investors quarterly earnings meeting. The game was pulled from an in house summer showcase event one day before the event. No cover man. No concrete confirmation of whether the game will be an in store release, digital release, released at all. But yet, some still have FAITH?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.