Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Voting has begun to determine which QB deserves the highest awareness rating in Madden NFL 13. Tomorrow, we'll see the ratings for the rest of the quarterbacks.

This campaign allows fans to vote on attributes like speed, elusiveness, hit power and more. The winner of each vote will be the highest-rated player for that attribute at their position in Madden NFL 13.

Upcoming weeks will focus on running backs, wide receivers and defenders, with the winners in each category announced every Friday. Here is the voting schedule breakdown:
  • July 30 – Aug 3: Quarterbacks – Speed, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Awareness
  • Aug 6 – 10: Running Backs – Speed, Acceleration, Trucking, Elusiveness
  • Aug 13 – 17: Wide Receivers & Tight Ends – Speed, Spectacular Catch, Route Running, Agility
  • Aug 20 – 24: Defense – Speed, Hit Power, Tackling, Man Coverage
  • Aug 24: Offensive Line, Special Teams and Overall Team Ratings
Not only will each winner receive a boost in their attributes in Madden NFL 13, but they’ll also be immortalized with a special card in Madden Ultimate Team. Fans who collect the cards of every winning player will be able to add them to a collection which will unlock a special Madden Ultimate Team reward in Madden NFL 13.

So the question is... Which QB deserves the highest awareness rating in Madden NFL 13?
  • Tom Brady
  • Peyton Manning
  • Drew Brees
In case you missed it.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 scoonie05 @ 08/02/12 10:59 AM
Brees.....only because of the record breaking season.

# 2 jeremym480 @ 08/02/12 11:05 AM
45 TDs
6 Interceptions
QB rating of 122.5

There is no one else in all of football who is more "aware" than that

# 3 CaptianBackwoods @ 08/02/12 11:24 AM
Tom Brady.

# 4 Senator Palmer @ 08/02/12 11:33 AM
Just to add to the discussion -- I'm not sure how EA calculates it, but I would think that awareness for a QB would be a combination of pocket presence, ability to diagnose and beat pressure, and protecting the football.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-quarterbacks/

PFF has the pressure state broken down by categories, then by an overall grade for 2011:

TOP 3 QBs Avoiding Sacks
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Drew Brees

TD to INT ratio under pressure
Aaron Rodgers 4:0
Andy Dalton 4:0
Sam Bradford 2:0

^now this one is kind of a funny result, but I can see how they got there because int's are so weighted. These three graded out highest because they they zero INTs. Here's the next three on that list.

Tom Brady - 8:2
Drew Brees - 10:3
Ben Roethlisberger - 6:2

Completion % Under Pressure
Drew Brees
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Highest Overall Grade Against Pressure
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Cam Newton

next two were
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady

Now I'm surprised to see Cam graded out so high, but it had more to do with him seeing more overall pressure than Rodgers and Brady. Both best Cam in TD/INT ratio, but Cam did have a higher comp % under pressure than Rodgers and was sacked less than either, which ties into the forumla. Not sure I totally buy it, but it's something to think about. Maybe EA should tick up Cam's awareness a bit.

# 5 420 others @ 08/02/12 11:48 AM
AceBoog1e, Killa, Killa Cam, Cam, Cammy Cam Cam, Hightop Cleatus, Cam Newton.

# 6 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/12 11:50 AM
Drew Brees, there isn't anyone better at avoiding pressure without even moving more then a foot or 2 in the pocket.

# 7 StreetCarp @ 08/02/12 12:52 PM
I know it's cool to hate Brady now, but he deserves this if nothing else.

# 8 DeuceDouglas @ 08/02/12 12:54 PM
Too hard for me to decide. Therefore, I shall not vote.

# 9 bdozer66 @ 08/02/12 12:55 PM
The other Qb's can have these ratings, Rodgers still has the highest overall at 99 and last seasons MVP.

# 10 Bearsfan1 @ 08/02/12 01:22 PM
This is easy. It should be Aaron Rodgers, without question. He was #1 in the NFL against the blitz. And if I'm not mistaken, he was better against the blitz than he was without it. Guy is a surgeon.

# 11 TeamBuilder @ 08/02/12 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just to add to the discussion -- I'm not sure how EA calculates it, but I would think that awareness for a QB would be a combination of pocket presence, ability to diagnose and beat pressure, and protecting the football.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-quarterbacks/

PFF has the pressure state broken down by categories, then by an overall grade for 2011:

TOP 3 QBs Avoiding Sacks
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Drew Brees

TD to INT ratio under pressure
Aaron Rodgers 4:0
Andy Dalton 4:0
Sam Bradford 2:0

^now this one is kind of a funny result, but I can see how they got there because int's are so weighted. These three graded out highest because they they zero INTs. Here's the next three on that list.

Tom Brady - 8:2
Drew Brees - 10:3
Ben Roethlisberger - 6:2

Completion % Under Pressure
Drew Brees
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Highest Overall Grade Against Pressure
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Cam Newton

next two were
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady

Now I'm surprised to see Cam graded out so high, but it had more to do with him seeing more overall pressure than Rodgers and Brady. Both best Cam in TD/INT ratio, but Cam did have a higher comp % under pressure than Rodgers and was sacked less than either, which ties into the forumla. Not sure I totally buy it, but it's something to think about. Maybe EA should tick up Cam's awareness a bit.
Excellent info. I would also consider pre-snap adjustments to be part of awareness. Peyton Manning is the master of that.

# 12 TeamBuilder @ 08/02/12 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCarp
I know it's cool to hate Brady now, but he deserves this if nothing else.
Why would he deserve it? When you have illegal tapes of other teams it's much easier to carve up a defense...

# 13 Champion8877 @ 08/02/12 03:02 PM
Drew Brees.

# 14 Champion8877 @ 08/02/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Why would he deserve it? When you have illegal tapes of other teams it's much easier to carve up a defense...
I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but that was just an unnecessary shot with nothing to do with anything.

# 15 A_New_Classic @ 08/02/12 05:52 PM
Honestly out of Brady, Brees, and Manning I don't think anyone could make a solid argument against any of them. 3-way tie IMO. All are Elite at pre-snap, against pressure, reading coverages, and pocket presence. Too hard to justify one being better than the other at these things because there isn't a wealth of hard evidence.

# 16 brettmickey @ 08/02/12 06:46 PM
Considering all three of the players have elite and even hall of fame awareness at their position, this is no easy task. I will give the slight edge to Manning though.

# 17 bmj2k7 @ 08/03/12 01:59 AM
Considering Brady is nearing a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio, and the 2 highest TD to INT ratio seasons, with small WRs, no D to speak of but improving and no running game i say Brady. Manning had at 1 point 2 potential HOF WRs, a potential HOF RB, a top OL, and the best 1 2 pass rushing tandem in the league, and Brees has more weapons than pretty much any HOFer out there and had playmaking RBs and since hes been there he had the 2 best Gs in all of football, the best LG and RG in the league with tall WRs. Bradys OL someway changes every year lately with injuries and retiring players.

# 18 Wildcats302 @ 08/03/12 02:36 AM
I voted for Manning. All 3 will be close, you could have Manning with like a high 90s score like 97 than Brady with 96 and Brees with 95-96 so big deal regardless. I just cannot vote for Brady over Manning.

# 19 JerzeyReign @ 08/03/12 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Spoiler
I'm glad I scrolled down to see this because this is the information I thought of when I initially read the OP. Now I'm confused on what AWR actually controls in Madden.

# 20 TeamBuilder @ 08/03/12 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but that was just an unnecessary shot with nothing to do with anything.
You don't think having the tape of another team's defense would help a quarterback become more AWARE of what is going to happen?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.