Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every quarterback in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 quarterback ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Throw Power, Deep Throw Accuracy, and Awareness will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

Just a few notable ratings.
  • Ryan 89, Cam 89, Schaub 89, Flacco 88, Cutler 87, Hasselbeck 85, Luck 84, Palmer 84, Dalton 83, Smith 83
  • RGIII rated 83 with 93 speed.
  • Sanchez overall 80, Tebow 77.
  • RGIII, Vick and Pryor are the fastest QB's in Madden NFL 13. Next 5 are Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, Joe Webb, Cam Newton, Vince Young.
  • Top 10 QB Throwing Power. Stafford, Cutler, Mallett, Vick, Newton, Rodgers, Freeman, Osweiler, Skelton, Brady.
  • Top 12 QB Accuracy. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Eli, Peyton, Schaub, Stafford, Big Ben, Luck, Romo, Ryan.
What are your thoughts on the QB ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 xman2k @ 08/03/12 02:05 PM
Wheres the "toughness/ability as game progresses" rating? Brees would top all.

# 62 LBzrule @ 08/03/12 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveRunna26
No slight to Flacco but I honestly believe Vick has one the BEST zip/velocity in the NFL today.. My proof is in every game he's been in. (NFL game rewind)
That's based on your eye, which is no more credible than my eye looking at another QB. That's not proof, that's opining. We need quantifiable categories, again which Jaws provides, that would help us make the judgment.

# 63 DNMHIII @ 08/03/12 02:34 PM
LOL.......SOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAD!

Not being able to import custom rosters into CCM is even more damaging based on how bad these ratings are.

# 64 joru100 @ 08/03/12 02:37 PM
I know he's not a good quarterback, but how in the hell is Christian Ponder's speed only 75, and acceleration 85, especially when Goldenboy Aaron Rodgers has 80 speed and 86 acceleration?

Christian Ponders' combine numbers are better than Rodgers' in the 40 yard dash, 20ss, 60ls, and 3-cone. He also has a higher yards per cary almost double that of Rodgers' even though you'd expect it would be easier for Rodgers to have the better rushing statistics when defenses are always expecting you to pass it deep.

A quick Youtube search for highlights will also show that Christian Ponder has ran faster in a few highlights than Aaron Rodgers has at any points in his entire life. The Texans preseason game, and the Bears games are good examples of this.

So like I said, I know Ponder isn't good, but credit should be given where credit is due, and a 75 speed rating and an 85 acceleration rating does not do Ponder justice. Even Luck as superior numbers despite his inferior combine numbers and he's a rookie.

# 65 volstopfan14 @ 08/03/12 02:51 PM
lol at Matt Simms being a 61. No way he should be that high.

# 66 DaBear23 @ 08/03/12 03:16 PM
ea should sack donny moore or whatever is name his, and higher this fbgrating guy. the fbgrating is impressive.

# 67 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joru100
I know he's not a good quarterback, but how in the hell is Christian Ponder's speed only 75, and acceleration 85, especially when Goldenboy Aaron Rodgers has 80 speed and 86 acceleration?

Christian Ponders' combine numbers are better than Rodgers' in the 40 yard dash, 20ss, 60ls, and 3-cone. He also has a higher yards per cary almost double that of Rodgers' even though you'd expect it would be easier for Rodgers to have the better rushing statistics when defenses are always expecting you to pass it deep.

A quick Youtube search for highlights will also show that Christian Ponder has ran faster in a few highlights than Aaron Rodgers has at any points in his entire life. The Texans preseason game, and the Bears games are good examples of this.

So like I said, I know Ponder isn't good, but credit should be given where credit is due, and a 75 speed rating and an 85 acceleration rating does not do Ponder justice. Even Luck as superior numbers despite his inferior combine numbers and he's a rookie.

Ahem........, Before you insult my boy! It's not all about combine stats and do I mind you rodgers was in the combine 7 YEARS AGO LOL.. It's about what you do in pads. Ponder is indeed mobile, but can he escape sacks, run down the field, and throw on the run like Rodgers can? I think not! He doesn't even compare to what Rodgers can do on the field.

# 68 joru100 @ 08/03/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon
Ahem........, Before you insult my boy! It's not all about combine stats and do I mind you rodgers was in the combine 7 YEARS AGO LOL.. It's about what you do in pads. Ponder is indeed mobile, but can he escape sacks, run down the field, and throw on the run like Rodgers can? I think not! He doesn't even compare to what Rodgers can do on the field.
holy S***, it's HOMER simpson

# 69 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joru100
holy S***, it's HOMER simpson

You're right because Homer Simpson is yellow and the Packers are yellow. So you know I'm rocking that Homer Simpson face paint during Packer games.

# 70 gzenius @ 08/03/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
i feel that and im not sayin i think ponder faster than rodgers cus i dont know.. but none of what you said should even factor in to the speed rating

# 71 toolive50 @ 08/03/12 03:31 PM
Cheese galore with RGIII smh...

# 72 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
i feel that and im not sayin i think ponder faster than rodgers cus i dont know.. but none of what you said should even factor in to the speed rating
True. But, factoring combine stats into it is plain silly if thats from 7 years ago. I'm not being Homer Simpson lmao like that person posted above, but I truley believe Rodgers is more elusive than Ponder is. The speed of the QB should matter for his escape ablity, pocket pressence, getting away from pressure and running down the field.

# 73 MattGarza13 @ 08/03/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
I may be semi-biased because I'm a Bears fan that can not stand Rodgers, but I think Ponder is quicker and faster. Escaping sacks and throwing on the run has nothing to do with speed and agility. (Which I agree Rodgers is much better at.) Just straight running down the field Ponder has the edge on Rodgers. (Although Rodgers is a much better QB at this point in their careers obviously.)

# 74 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
I may be semi-biased because I'm a Bears fan that can not stand Rodgers, but I think Ponder is quicker and faster. Escaping sacks and throwing on the run has nothing to do with speed and agility. (Which I agree Rodgers is much better at.) Just straight running down the field Ponder has the edge on Rodgers. (Although Rodgers is a much better QB at this point in their careers obviously.)

Ok I gotcha, now that I think about it you could be right. Rodgers has that ablity to escape rushers better than most QBs. But doesn't have that straight line speed like the Vicks and Cams of the world.

# 75 Willt_16 @ 08/03/12 03:43 PM
Why is cams deep throw accuracy so low compared to two rookies???

# 76 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I read a post like this and I picture people using it as some reasoning behind ratings must be subjective. I don't see how it's plain silly to use verifiable data for speed even from 7 years ago, if that's the only verifiable data that's available. Also why would Rodger being more elusive effect his speed rating when there is an actual elusiveness rating in Madden?

The thing is, Madden has certain skill ratings where the eye test should be factored in for access to animations and elusiveness is one of them, imo but not speed.

EDIT-Posted this before I saw your last reply.
I understand where you're coming from. With the difference between speed and elusiveness thing. It's just my opinion that the combine proves nothing, because you're in shorts, no pads. If they have to use the combine stats cause they have nothing else then by god use it. It just shouldn't tell the whole story on a player. In 2005 they said Rodgers couldn't run and had no speed, his combine results were bad, But lone behold he can out run some NFL players today.

# 77 raiders81tim @ 08/03/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeyes7
those 2 rookies are Better passer than cam. just saying.
No way of knowing that until they actually get a chance to play.

# 78 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
those 2 rookies are Better passer than cam. just saying.

Not to bite a piece of your last post and throw it in the garbage. But college and the NFL are at 2 completely different speed and difficulty levels. You can be better in one and not the other.

# 79 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can't discuss this with Donny Moore and the Madden ratings "team" so I will with you, lol. Combine data proves that the player is capable of doing those things tested in the time verified. Granted just because someone doesn't run a 4.24 40 doesn't mean they can't but if someone else does, it certainly proves they can. lol

That's my point about verifiable data, it provides scientific evidence for what a player is capable of opposed to conjecture. The whole story should be a combination of all ratings and how they play out on the field together, not using what happens on the field as a basis for ratings in place of available verifiable data.
You're certainly right about that. If you're fast you're fast, if you're slow you're slow.

# 80 Gaycandybacon @ 08/03/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
but all in all even though Rg3 and Luck are better overall passers my opinion. than Cam Newton who is a beast and a good passer breaking records pretty solid for a rookie last year. Newton should be at least a 85 or 81 deep throw ball. it will be updated during the season.

The main concern with rookie ratings is they're too high for rookies. Rated higher than a lot of vets. Simpily because they haven't shown anything in the NFL. And until they can backup their successful college careers, they shouldn't be rated as high as they are.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.