Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every quarterback in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 quarterback ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Throw Power, Deep Throw Accuracy, and Awareness will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

Just a few notable ratings.
  • Ryan 89, Cam 89, Schaub 89, Flacco 88, Cutler 87, Hasselbeck 85, Luck 84, Palmer 84, Dalton 83, Smith 83
  • RGIII rated 83 with 93 speed.
  • Sanchez overall 80, Tebow 77.
  • RGIII, Vick and Pryor are the fastest QB's in Madden NFL 13. Next 5 are Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, Joe Webb, Cam Newton, Vince Young.
  • Top 10 QB Throwing Power. Stafford, Cutler, Mallett, Vick, Newton, Rodgers, Freeman, Osweiler, Skelton, Brady.
  • Top 12 QB Accuracy. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Eli, Peyton, Schaub, Stafford, Big Ben, Luck, Romo, Ryan.
What are your thoughts on the QB ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 azdawgpound @ 08/03/12 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
I'm sorry, I know Brandon Weeden hasn't played a real NFL game yet and all, but COMON, he should not be rated lower than Colt McCoy!!! That's ridiculous, I don't mind them being close, but if Colt McCoy is a 75 then Weeden should be a 77 or higher imo. Not saying he should be a 77, just saying McCoy is not better than Brandon Weeden, end of story.

How many of you would play an online game with Colt McCoy starting for the Browns instead of Brandon Weeden, honestly? (silence)
well weeden woulda been lower except they gave him 2 more points on his MUT card he was only rated a 72 but i agree i'd take weeden over mccoy online anytime. i was waiting to see mccoy in low 60's to upper 60's since he didnt do much last yr. i just hope donny dosent over look browns like he did last yr with our defense and offense. gonna be fun with all new players we have to use online and off.

# 82 Colts18 @ 08/03/12 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Rookie QBs shouldn't be rated in the mid 80s until they prove it on the field. With roster updates available every week during the season, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Brady probably has to have a stronger THP to keep his OVR high.
I don't understand why they feel the need to overrate rookies right out of the gate.

# 83 dmv dreadhead @ 08/03/12 07:05 PM
its obvious these ratings are made to appease the fans of hype. nobody in their right mind would rate Luck and RGIII so high. also the ratings are way too bunched up, hire me as the ratings guru, this is ridiculous.

# 84 raiderphantom @ 08/03/12 07:10 PM
Cam had a nice rookie year and he has a smoothe deep ball but his short/mid accuracy is not that good.

# 85 jmurphy31 @ 08/03/12 07:12 PM
Remember when Reggie Bush came out there was ton of hype and his madden rating was set high. How did that work out his first year and typically RB have an easier adjustment than QB. (Though that trend seems to be changing).

# 86 DNMHIII @ 08/03/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeyes7
who cares it's a video game. in Real Life you really don't know who the strong arm is. here is what you do know Vick Pryor RG3 and Cam are Fast QB's. No need for them to get shafted. weather you played a NFL game or not. Fast QB's should not have speed lowered from college because they have not played. there fast. Cam newton threw some picks and RG3 is a Better passer than cam. so is luck. so they should be ratted better.
lol.......wut?

Newton was a much better passer in college than Luck ever was and he torched the NFL. RG3 is comparable to Newton, but the nod still goes to Newton and I'm basing that on what they did in college and I'm not even looking at what Newton did in the NFL.

# 87 So Cal @ 08/03/12 07:50 PM
I see alot of guys stating who got shafted and whos ratings are unbelievable, and I get that especially with the incoming rookies....my thing is how much are they going to change them once a player has a bad week. I think we have all seen how a player can play ok and EA boosts they ratings like 4 points and someone can have a just decent game and drop, but my favorite is how someone players have turnover prone games and they dont hardly get touched.

# 88 NDAlum @ 08/03/12 08:12 PM
I think RGIII's speed is accurate. They are completely different physical specimens.

Not a fan of the ratings as a whole. My biggest snub is Sam Bradford.

# 89 TomSNC @ 08/03/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
lol.......wut?

Newton was a much better passer in college than Luck ever was and he torched the NFL. RG3 is comparable to Newton, but the nod still goes to Newton and I'm basing that on what they did in college and I'm not even looking at what Newton did in the NFL.
This. The rookie ratings are ridiculous and this is coming from a big fan of both, no big problems though.

# 90 mojo6911 @ 08/03/12 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This is crazy. He even has Matt Hasslebeck with 98 throwing power. You are crazy Donny Moore.

smh. wtf is going on? He must be on some good stuff. He was only like a mid 80's throwing power last year, and now he has one of the strongest arms in the league?

# 91 cam780 @ 08/03/12 09:06 PM
I don't go gaga over ratings but there are cases where incoming rookies have better physical traits than existing veterans. Now I'm not saying that I agree with the ratings as they stand but items like throwing power and throwing accuracy fit that category.

I also wonder what these ratings represent since this year they're tailored to a players "fit" into a particular system. So its possible these ratings are based solely on the system they're playing in. I don't know if that matters for anything.

# 92 blklightning @ 08/03/12 09:20 PM
Wow, Aaron Rogers is going to be a beast in this game.

# 93 MattGarza13 @ 08/03/12 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
smh. wtf is going on? He must be on some good stuff. He was only like a mid 80's throwing power last year, and now he has one of the strongest arms in the league?
he only has an 86..... Cutler has the 98.

# 94 DNMHIII @ 08/03/12 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Newton wasn't even close to Luck in college. In the nfl newton had a very good rookie year... But he threw a ton of picks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Lol.....you're dreaming and you might want to watch more college ball if you have views like this. Luck has never been and may never be the passer Newton was in college or is now.

Thanks for playing though.

# 95 fjackson18 @ 08/03/12 10:16 PM
I like what i see for Mr. Luck should be a fun franchise for me using my team.

too many people comparing what luck and Newton did in college...
Newton started one year in college. not enough for me to say he was or is better than Luck.

# 96 SaintBrees @ 08/04/12 04:29 AM
For as accurate as Brees is, 84 is too low for his deep ball. You are telling me brock owlswiler has the same deep accuracy as drew brees!! get out of here

# 97 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Lol.....you're dreaming and you might want to watch more college ball if you have views like this. Luck has never been and may never be the passer Newton was in college or is now.

Thanks for playing though.
Ummm... riiiiight.

That's why some people questioned Newton's ability to make passes from the pocket when he came to the NFL.

Even taking away the eye test, where Luck looked like a significantly more polished passer than Newton, Luck was a better passer statistically too.

Newton: 66% completion percentage, 2,854 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs
Luck's last two seasons: 70.7%, 3,338 yards, 32 TDs, 8 INTs; 71.3%, 3,517 yards, 37 TDs, 10 INTs

Luck would have been the #1 pick last year had he come out.

# 98 LBzrule @ 08/04/12 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
I read that wrong. It was Cutler.

# 99 shaunlmason @ 08/04/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Yeah you are right... That's why Luck was considered one of the greatest all around QB'S in college over the last 20 years not to mention with no one around him. I watch more college football than most people do. Cam had one excellent season in college while Luck dominated for 3. If it weren't for the Oregon logo I would say you are a bigtime homer, now I'm trying to figure out where the bias is coming from?

Even with the rookie season Cam Newton had, the vast majority of NFL GM's would still choose to start a franchise with Andrew Luck over Cam Newton given the choice.

# 100 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 10:24 AM
Quote:
Yeah you are right... That's why Luck was considered one of the greatest all around QB'S in college over the last 20 years not to mention with no one around him. I watch more college football than most people do. Cam had one excellent season in college while Luck dominated for 3. If it weren't for the Oregon logo I would say you are a bigtime homer, now I'm trying to figure out where the bias is coming from?

I watch a lot of college football and Cam Newton is a better NFL QB than Andrew Luck will be IMO. There is only one element of Luck's game that was arguably better than Newton's when he came out and that was his football IQ. There is not one single aspect of Luck's passing game that will translate to the NFL that Newton doesn't have the upper hand on him. Anyone that actually watched Luck play knows that he doesn't excell with his deep ball, doesn't have the best velocity or ball placement on his mid level throws, and as a passer is pretty much a dink and dunker passer that played in a great system. Way too many people got all hung up on the Luck hype over the last couple years and I think more than just a few people have come down to earth now that ypu have supperior passers like Newton amd RG3. Luck doesn't even belong in the same sentince as Newton and RG3 when it comes to passing. Will Luck be a good NFL QB that will be known as a great passer? I don't know if he will. Will Cam Newton be able to take his football IQ and his passing game into the NFL and be considered good? I think the record books answer that.

Anyone comparing Luck and Newton as a passer just isn't thinking clearly and needs to watch more of Andrew Luck actually throw the ball in order to have a clearer view IMO. I'm a Duck fan, but I'm also football fan and I've watched a lot of Newton, RG3 and Luck.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.