Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 OverallAgree or disagree?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalykind
umm...where is mcfadden???? i know jamal charles didnt even play last year so how is he even in the list at least mcfadden was leading the leage the first couple games then got injured....i guess donnie and the crew just pick the top ten out of a hat blind folded and its just names that are popular i guess....somebody explain please!
Because despite not playing the entire last season, Charles still has more yards than McFadden over the previous three years.

# 102 splff3000 @ 08/07/12 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Because despite not playing the entire last season, Charles still has more yards than McFadden over the previous three years.
Well then going by that methodology, Chris Johnson should be in the top 10.

# 103 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Well then going by that methodology, Chris Johnson should be in the top 10.
Maybe if his numbers hadn't declined so harshly over the last two years.

# 104 SuckaRepellent @ 08/07/12 03:16 AM
You Raiders homers are amazing lol. He's a great player and could easily be in the top 5, but he's always hurt. He'll come in and beast 5 games and be in the bench the rest of the season.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

# 105 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
What rating out side of inj, and toughness should be affected by this. What they did they lowered his skill ratings to reflect his history of injury. This my problem they took from his awr, or his speed, or his cth to lower his overall because he had a freak foot injury that's garbage, he was a top 10 player not just RB in the league when he went down. He was a 94 in Madden 12 he played better last year there is no excuse for his skill ratings to go down.
If he's a top ten player with as little as he's done, then Jamaal Charles must be at least top five.

# 106 raidertiger @ 08/07/12 05:02 AM
List is a joke. Turner, Jackson and Charles are not better than Darren McFadden. His speed, size, power, blocking and receiving ability should make him a lock to be in the top 10 in his position ratings wise. Wonder if they made him 80 speed to keep him out of the top 10? Or 40 strength? What a disgrace.

# 107 raiderphantom @ 08/07/12 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
List is a joke. Turner, Jackson and Charles are not better than Darren McFadden. His speed, size, power, blocking and receiving ability should make him a lock to be in the top 10 in his position ratings wise. Wonder if they made him 80 speed to keep him out of the top 10? Or 40 strength? What a disgrace.
I think there's factors you are missing. Do I think McFadden is a top 10 runner? Well yeah, and I'm not biased. I understand that stats płay a big part in rating players and McFadden just hasn't been healrhyy enough to put up the numbers. The 2 best measures are yards after contact and missed tackles forced but they probably try to appeal to the majority of fans do they go by yards of the most recènt year, which is understandable. Not perfect, but I won't argue. But when forte's sub 1k performance lands him a 6 spot and cj can't even crack top 10 and Charles plays 2 games I wonder what they are basing this crap on. I'd be ok with McFadden as just a top 15 rb but these ratings are just wrong. P

# 108 raiderphantom @ 08/07/12 06:07 AM
Quote:
If he's a top ten player with as little as he's done, then Jamaal Charles must be at least top five.
Clearly you are a Kc fan and I'm an oak fan but how is jc a top 5 back? I'm not saying he's definitely not. I'm saying madden likes to go by the most recent year which jc didn't have one. And HE had 2 very good years besides last year. But what makes him a top 5 runner. Chris johnson is just forgotten which is a joke but still there are guys that have produced just like jc for longer.

# 109 ItsOrangeBaby @ 08/07/12 06:11 AM
Really do not understand how rundmc did not crank into the top 5 yet alone the top 10, but kind of like the majority of people I think the list got the players rated a little too high and gave a few too many players a snub.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

# 110 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom

Clearly you are a Kc fan and I'm an oak fan but how is jc a top 5 back? I'm not saying he's definitely not. I'm saying madden likes to go by the most recent year which jc didn't have one. And HE had 2 very good years besides last year. But what makes him a top 5 runner. Chris johnson is just forgotten which is a joke but still there are guys that have produced just like jc for longer.
Someone said that McFadden was a top ten player (not limited to backs) I was saying that if McFadden is a top ten player, then Jamaal Charles has to be a top five player. I don't really feel like Charles is a top five back but I'd say at this point he's proven far more than McFadden has. I think where they have Charles slotted is pretty accurate considering everything.

I could go either way on Johnson because he's proven he can be a great but last year has to make you wonder. I watched Larry Johnson first hand run for 1300+ yards in 9 starts and nearly 1800 yards a year later only to become absolute trash.

# 111 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 06:47 AM
Quote:
[/i]
Yeah this comment is so homerish and i hard to even frame a response.
I was just trying to match this one:

Quote:
...he was a top 10 player not just RB in the league when he went down.
There was also a hint of sarcasm in there. I don't truly believe Charles is a top ten player but if McFadden is going to be considered a top ten player, then yeah, I feel like Charles should be at least top five based on what they've done.

Quote:
but his skill ratings in Madden should not be lowered because of his injury history just to push him below top particularly when 2 of the 10 are coming of ACL injuries which is more likely to be lingering.
We don't really know if that's the case yet. They've already stated overalls are calculated a bit differently this year according to schemes and what not. If the injury rating plays any role what so ever in the overall, then that is going to do nothing but hurt him. There's also the new durability rating that may play a role in overalls and again, do nothing but hurt him. It wouldn't change any of his skill set but it would make him appear less valuable because he is incredibly injury prone.

# 112 DeuceDouglas @ 08/07/12 06:54 AM
Quote:
Again in real life the truth is Charles has never been as good as McFadden was last year pre injury. RBs have a very short shelf life these days in 3 year thei list will be totally different not sure what that has to do with Madden to 10.
2011 Darren McFadden - 7 games (basically 6), 113 carries, 614 yards, 19 receptions, 154 yards, 5 touchdowns

2009 Jamaal Charles last 4 games - 94 carries, 658 yards, 13 receptions, 79 yards, 4 touchdowns

In 2010, Charles ran for 310 more yards on just 7 more carries.

# 113 seasprite @ 08/07/12 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalykind
umm...where is mcfadden???? i know jamal charles didnt even play last year so how is he even in the list at least mcfadden was leading the leage the first couple games then got injured....i guess donnie and the crew just pick the top ten out of a hat blind folded and its just names that are popular i guess....somebody explain please!
Including Mcfadden and excluding Charles is a bit ridiculous imo. Charles numbers are better than DMACs and Charles is a career 6.1 YPC runner. Im not saying that DMAC doesnt belong anywhere in the top ten, but definitely not above Charles.

# 114 seasprite @ 08/07/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
2011 Darren McFadden - 7 games (basically 6), 113 carries, 614 yards, 19 receptions, 154 yards, 5 touchdowns

2009 Jamaal Charles last 4 games - 94 carries, 658 yards, 13 receptions, 79 yards, 4 touchdowns

In 2010, Charles ran for 310 more yards on just 7 more carries.
Mcfadden Career: 553 att 2,627 yrds 4.8 YPC 16 TD Charles Career: 499 att 3,027 yrds 6.1 YPC 12 TD

# 115 at23steelers @ 08/07/12 09:41 AM
What the heck? I'll do mine:

#1.) MJD 95 overall
#2.) Foster 94 overall
#3.) McCoy 93 overall
#4.) Rice 93 overall
#5.) AP 92 overall (only because of injury, or would be 95 overall)
#6.) Forte 91 overall
#7.) Steven Jackson 90 overall
#8.) Frank Gore 90 overall
#9.) McFadden 89 overall
#10.) Charles 88 overall

# 116 shavane @ 08/07/12 12:57 PM
This list is fundamentally flawed because there appears to be no rhyme or reason for the 0-100 scale. A 97+ rating should be reserved for a player thats had a hall of fame type carreer or is for a once in a generation type player. This is that special player that comes along every 5 to 10 years and if you go position by position you'll see this holds true.

Take wide receiver for example..there have been some very good ones only a select few who's freakish athletism and playmaking abilities make them once in a decade type players. Think Fitzgerald, Moss, T.O. and now Calvin Johnson.

When your talking RBs, Peterson is about the only back thats come along in the last few years that fits this freakish mode. He has the blend of size, speed, and agility to warrant 97+ rtgs in all the major categories. The problem is he is coming off a major injury so if you want tru to life ratings he should be a 90-92 at most. If your using a 97+ rating for elite players or freakish physical atttributes than looking at this list most of these running backs should rate in the lower 90 higher 80 rating. There are a few on this list who are working on HOF type careers Rice, MJD, hopefully Mccoy.

If I had to sit down and actually do a rating it would go like this it takes into account how they rate against the best ever, last years season, and athletic ability. Sure CJ has 99 spd but he really had a down year overall.

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 96 monster back, highly productive, consistent, done it for years pay that man!!!
#2 Ray Rice - 95 overachiever, highly productive, good vision, power, best hands out of this group
#3 Arian Foster - 95 great vision, power, benifits from great line we will see this year lost some good OL.
#4 LeSean Mccoy - 94 shiftiest back since Sanders, great speed and vision home run threat
#5 Adrian Peterson - 92 physical freak, speed, power, vision, Jim Brown clone only faster
#6 Matt Forte - 91 good vision, productive receiver and rusher consistent
#7 Frank Gore - 91 tough,tough, back runner blocker receiver, can carry a offense
#8 Steven Jackson - 90 bruising animal of a back, great runner underated receiver, a load to bring down
#9 Fred Jackson - 90 overlooked sneaky good player, great vision, good lean falls forward he is the truth
#10 Chris Johnson - 89 freakish speed good vision.

Charles needs to return from injury and will easily crack the top ten. Michael Turner still productive but he is on the downslide and I see him hitting the proverbial running back wall fast. Big backs drop off fast and he is on the decline. Mcfadden??? I'm laughing at anyone thats putting him close to the top 10. He is very physically gifted but has done nothing. He's had 4 good games and is a injury waiting to happen..he is better than Felix Jones though.

# 117 TeamBuilder @ 08/07/12 01:09 PM
OVR ratings don't really matter anyway. It's about the individual ratings that a player has. I assume the only reason MJD is #1 is because he has the highest total mix of trucking, elusiveness, awareness and vision.

# 118 splff3000 @ 08/07/12 02:34 PM
I got a question...... how is EA releasing the top 10 rb's when they don't even know who is gonna have the highest speed, trucking, etc rating?

# 119 mpeterso @ 08/07/12 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
So at least 10+ RB rated over 90, SMH!

How is it so hard for D.Moore to understand that a 97 rated player is basically a nearly perfect player for that position... those players should be once in a generation.

Can't wait til they reveal the top 10 punters!
"Once in a generation" - there were just 6 players inducted into the hall of fame - were they all "once in a generation" talents?

There were 6 players inducted in 2011 and 7 in 2010 - the only guys that might fit the description "once in a generation" were Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice. The rest were no doubt great players who had excellent careers, but I would not label them "once in a generation" yet they are deservedly hall of famers.

# 120 mpeterso @ 08/07/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shavane
This list is fundamentally flawed because there appears to be no rhyme or reason for the 0-100 scale. A 97+ rating should be reserved for a player thats had a hall of fame type carreer or is for a once in a generation type player. This is that special player that comes along every 5 to 10 years and if you go position by position you'll see this holds true.

Take wide receiver for example..there have been some very good ones only a select few who's freakish athletism and playmaking abilities make them once in a decade type players. Think Fitzgerald, Moss, T.O. and now Calvin Johnson.
"Once in a decade" - yet you list 4 WRs from 2000's alone.

SMH....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.