Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

With Erin Andrews moving from ESPN to FOX, could Jemele Hill, Shannon Spake or Shelley Smith be the new sideline reporter in NCAA Football 14?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kennyacid @ 08/07/12 11:56 AM
If you don't like someone fine, to each his own but all the name calling and disrespect is kinda childish

# 42 calbrs04 @ 08/07/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
No consideration for Jenn Brown?
I second Jen Brown, if not then Wendy Nix.

# 43 tbook24 @ 08/07/12 12:12 PM
personally josina anderson is the right pick but i would take jemele hill out of these 3

# 44 HouseOfBalloons @ 08/07/12 12:40 PM
Jenn Brown will get it without a doubt

# 45 radney @ 08/07/12 12:48 PM
Shannon Spake is mostly known from her NASCAR coverage.

# 46 AUChase @ 08/07/12 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1981
I second that. He may have been good 15 years ago. Not anymore.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone
Musburger hasn't missed a lick. He's still solid. I don't think you can ask for a better front man than him, Nessler, or Ron Franklin (back a few years ago). I think it would be cool, since ABC sports and ESPN are one in the same, to get a Musburger/Herbstreit and Nessler/Blackledge combo for different games.

Ignorant would be a better way to describe Hill, rather than idiotic, but when you're a professional in the sports world, you're open to any and all criticism. While I think Erin Andrews is a solid sideline reporter, I also find her to be a little over rated. I would still rather see Samantha Steele.

Sent from my Desire HD

# 47 AUChase @ 08/07/12 12:54 PM
If we were electing male sideline reporters, Rinaldi is at the top of my list.

Will it really matter who they pick ? It's not like we will be seeing them much, anyways and if we did, people would start a thread griping about too many cut scenes interrupting their "button mashing" style game. People want authenticity, yet gripe when we get it (studio updates this year).

Sent from my Desire HD

# 48 MattUM2 @ 08/07/12 01:37 PM
Wait people actually like Jemille Hill?

She is awful

# 49 Jeff George @ 08/07/12 01:40 PM
It's going to be Sam Steele or Jenn Brown. Not hard to market a young blonde for a game sold to college-age and older men.

# 50 shhhonuff @ 08/07/12 01:49 PM
Jemelle Hill is the worst so anybody except her

# 51 cparrish @ 08/07/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
Anyone but Jemele Hill.

THIS!!!

10 char

# 52 SkillzKillz719 @ 08/07/12 02:05 PM
START UP THE HYPE MACHINEEEEEEEE! lol

# 53 HitThatRowdy96 @ 08/07/12 02:35 PM
Jenn Brown or Samantha Steele, though Holly Rowe, Wendy Nix, or Tom Rinaldi would be good (even if Rinaldi is more of a feature story/human interest type reporter from what I've seen). Of the three there, Smith has the most experience and does some good work; the few times I've seen Spake do something other than racing, she was okay; and Hill is honestly better as a columnist than a reporter and is better suited for shows like ATH and First Take as opposed to sideline reports.

That said, it would be an interesting twist to have nobody on the sideline.

# 54 Adibesee @ 08/07/12 03:18 PM
Unless they improve the actual quality what is the point of having a sideline reporter. My choice is they have an actual half-time and post game show and skip the side line drivel.

20 years of this game and we cant get that level of basic immersion. SMH

# 55 drewst18 @ 08/07/12 03:56 PM
I turn off around the horn when Jamele Hill is on... shes terrible, I feel bad for any coach that may have to deal w/ her at half time.

# 56 rockchisler @ 08/07/12 04:05 PM
How bout all three..I'm tired of Sports games with the same announce crew. Alabama vs Oklahoma has same crew as a Indiana vs South Florida Matchup..Lets get more crews in..

# 57 muse324 @ 08/07/12 04:18 PM
Jemelle Hill should not be anywhere near a microphone for NCAA 14. She's uninteresting and has absolutely no charisma at all. I like Shelley Smith. Great reporter, great voice and can improvise very well. I don't know who the other white lady is.

# 58 SnakeEyez @ 08/07/12 04:24 PM
none of the above. I turn off all commentary in this game.

They should remove all commentary period, and maybe give the game an "on the field" type of presentation as default... more crowd noise, more adlibs from players and coaches on the field, etc.

They will never get the commentary in this game up to par with other games created nearly a decade ago....

# 59 bigsmallwood @ 08/07/12 05:39 PM
I'll take Jemele Hill!

# 60 DedicatedLeaguesNCAA @ 08/07/12 06:04 PM
I doubt any of them will be chosen to replace EA. The idea behind Andrews was that she was relatively attractive, I don't think that Hill, Spake or Smith fit that description. If one of the three is chosen to replace EA then it is probably because of the shortage of attractive sideline reporters.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.