Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

With Erin Andrews moving from ESPN to FOX, could Jemele Hill, Shannon Spake or Shelley Smith be the new sideline reporter in NCAA Football 14?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Stl72 @ 08/07/12 08:01 PM
Shelly Smith --redheads rude

# 62 franch1se @ 08/07/12 09:00 PM
Jenn Brown

# 63 sactown_13 @ 08/07/12 09:23 PM
jemele hill is one of the most racist people alive. i cant watch espn in the morning anymore, she turns every damn subject into a race issue when all i wanna here about is what happened in sports.

# 64 RamzaLugria @ 08/07/12 10:06 PM
Who cares what they look like!!!
It's a video game and should be about how well they fill the role. Audio presentation in football games has taken a sharp step back this generation of consoles so I would say drop the sideline reporter altogether, hire a new audio team and start anew.

# 65 CT Pitbull @ 08/07/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
How bout all three..I'm tired of Sports games with the same announce crew. Alabama vs Oklahoma has same crew as a Indiana vs South Florida Matchup..Lets get more crews in..
that would be nice but they cant even get one crew right

# 66 biggiejerseys @ 08/07/12 10:27 PM
None of those. EA rarely uses Erin Andrews in the games anyways. What's the point of having a sideline reporter if you're not going to use them. In all honesty, I'd rather them get the commentary right, instead of replacing a sideline reporter they never use. But if they're going to replace Erin Andrews using someone from ESPN Rachel Nichols or Wendi Nix gets my vote. But if they could go outside of the ESPN realm, what about Pam Oliver?

# 67 spottieottiedop @ 08/07/12 10:45 PM
I'd take Hill over the others.

# 68 BTownSlinger @ 08/07/12 11:06 PM
Shannon Spake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Jemele Hill if I had to choose; But all three of them are not that good looking. How bout Sage Steele.
Please show me where in NCAA '12 that you saw Erin Andrews.

# 69 zmcman1 @ 08/07/12 11:42 PM
You know the NCAA '13 commercial where the Ohio State dad throws the TV out the window after seeing Desmond on OSU?

That is what would happen in my house if I heard Jemele Hill in the game.

# 70 smoove7 @ 08/08/12 01:51 AM
Ashley Russell

Jenn Brown

Lucy Pinder!!!!

# 71 rockchisler @ 08/08/12 02:30 AM
All the Jemile Hill Hate is pretty Pathetic. I don't see any of you guys on ESPN.. That's right because you are not qualified. If you you don't like her fine, just keep it civil..Its not like you are any good..(Steps off of soap box)

# 72 SSilentstorm7 @ 08/08/12 04:10 AM
To everyone wanting to know where the choices came from in the OP

Link: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...r-assignments/

# 73 legendkiller5 @ 08/08/12 04:26 AM
Quote:
All the Jemile Hill Hate is pretty Pathetic. I don't see any of you guys on ESPN.. That's right because you are not qualified. If you you don't like her fine, just keep it civil..Its not like you are any good..(Steps off of soap box)
LOL.

So because they don't work for ESPN, they aren't allowed an opinion? Qualified to work for ESPN? Really? I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry. Sorry their opinion hurt your feelings, but they are entitled to it and nothing anyone has said has been out of line.

I hope you didn't say anything negative about NCAA 13 seeing as, you know, you don't work for EA.

So much to say about this post, but I'll just leave it at that.

# 74 PowerofRed25 @ 08/08/12 06:43 AM
Quote:
I'm not qualified to run for President either but the Constitution gives me the right to vote for those who are. The Constitution gives me another right too, to call Jemele Hill a clueless, racist, blowhard who will take whichever side of the argument will get her the most attention (see Bayless, Skip for more on this phenomenon). If the "Controversy" section of your Wikipedia entry is longer than every other part of the entry combined, chances are you're the one with the problem, not everyone else.

You'll find as you get a more informed opinion that the number of unqualified people working at ESPN far exceeds the number of qualified people working at ESPN. There is a reason ESPN's "best and brightest" leave ESPN. An ESPN logo above your byline doesn't make your opinion any more qualified than mine, it just means your audience is bigger.

As for the thread, Shelley Smith is the only one of the three who has significant enough CFB experience to warrant putting her in the game but EA just needs to drop the sideline reporter thing and focus on improving the studio stuff.

# 75 tical2399 @ 08/08/12 08:12 AM
I'm loving how people are sayin "no Jemele Hill she's awful" but have yet to give a single reason WHY she's awful I saw one post saying she only knows her stuff because she has it on paper in front of her.

News flash ALL sports reporters only know their stuff because they have it on paper in front of them. Is somebody gonna sit here with a straight face and claim either one of these other two broads would be on top of things if the producers didnt have the info laid out for them as well?? Get da **** outta here.

# 76 Signaltheescape @ 08/08/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
I'm loving how people are sayin "no Jemele Hill she's awful" but have yet to give a single reason WHY she's awful I saw one post saying she only knows her stuff because she has it on paper in front of her.

News flash ALL sports reporters only know their stuff because they have it on paper in front of them. Is somebody gonna sit here with a straight face and claim either one of these other two broads would be on top of things if the producers didnt have the info laid out for them as well?? Get da **** outta here.
Go back to page 4 and look at my post. There is one of the many reasons you asked for. Sexist, Racist and ignorant. Yeah she is amazing!

# 77 SnakeEyez @ 08/08/12 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
This thread made it to page 3 without pictures???

This is the internet folks, you're slacking

Hill-

Spake-

And Shelley Smith doesn't really stand a chance in this competition, so here's a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon out of a lake-
This cat is amazing, and made this thread worthwhile.

# 78 jwtucker710 @ 08/08/12 11:46 AM
Bring in Brent Musburger for the championship game with Herbstreit. (booth). For regular season commentary, Rece Davis and Herby. Not a big fan for the sideline reporter. Kind of annoying. Still wondering why they cannot use actual/real video of the booth. The consoles are very capable of doing it.

# 79 AUChase @ 08/08/12 11:54 AM
Samantha Steele will all ready be on the sidelines for the Thursday night games and is taking over for Erin Andrews on College Gameday and will be utilized in the same way. These are all reasons why I think she's the most logical replacement.

In a perfect world, with two NCAA crews in the game, this is how I would do it.

Nessler/Blackledge/Rowe

Musburger/Herbstreit/Steele.

Also.. the thought that someone has to work the same job as someone else, in order to have an opinion about them, is ridiculous. When you're a public sports writer, commentator, etc.. you understand that you are open to any and all criticism. Everyone has been very civil about it. No one is giving examples or anything that would send the thread on a downward spiral. People are giving their opinions on the people in question.

I don't understand that argument at all.

Sent from my Desire HD

# 80 BenGerman @ 08/08/12 12:01 PM
I've never had a problem with any of them, and its doubtful their opinions even make it in the game. Give me the person who is willing to do the most lines!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.