Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, we should start seeing some NBA 2K13 Developer Insight videos in the near future.

Quote:
This year, we're introducing Developer Insight VIDEOS. Will allow us to SHOW you the difference between 2K12 and #NBA2K13. Debuting soon!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 speedy9386 @ 08/08/12 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
So let me get this straight, you guys were disappointed that Jay Z picked a soundtrack and helped with presentation but are excited because the insights now include videos?

I seriously don't get that...
To me the insight videos are WAY more exciting because it directly shows what's better in 2k13 than in 2k12. Video will always be 100x better than just reading about it in an article because you can see first hand and be able to make a judgement. Soundtracks and presentation is good and all but gameplay is what really gets me excited.

# 102 King_B_Mack @ 08/08/12 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
The real problem I have with this game is the on ball defense it too good by the computer like unrealistically so. It seems like when you have an angle on someone they just slide back into position at an unrealistic speed. I've seen defenders slide so fast that it doesn't match up with their feet so that they're actually gliding.
Yeah this here. I hate pulling off a great dribble move and getting an angle on the defender only for him to magically slide back into position to cut me off from actually using it because he has inhuman recovery speed/powers.

# 103 kolanji @ 08/08/12 12:09 PM

cant wait to get fed with info!!!

nice to see some lively spirits around here at OS

# 104 kolanji @ 08/08/12 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont care what you think about 2k but dont come over here talking out the side of your neck and bringing NBA Live as your reasoning because im banning with no mercy for trolling this year

# 105 jersez @ 08/08/12 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
You missed the entire point of my post. The community bashed the JayZ announcement but applaud the new way they will present information -- a way that EA has been doing for a couple years now to keep it real.

My point is the fact that news about the game got boo'd while a new way to present information is applauded.

I just figured it would be the other way around. Silly me...

I like the jay-z addition, and his other role in the game will be revealed, but 2k just threw the hugest announcement ever tag on it, I think that's why people were disappointed. Also you can't stop people from making unrealistic assumptions, like college hoops coming back or NFL 2k coming back. That's just how we are.

I'm hyped for this because it's early gameplay, and it's people that actually know the game, for example the gamescom videos for 2k12 didn't really give the game justice because the user really didn't know how to play. It's not his fault but we can really see the "new stuff" with these videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
...a rocket scientist? Really?

Guess my cousins who are less than 10 years old are geniuses then.
I just understand why almost everyone is complaining about the isomotion, they nailed isomotion in 2k12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
The real problem I have with this game is the on ball defense it too good by the computer like unrealistically so. It seems like when you have an angle on someone they just slide back into position at an unrealistic speed. I've seen defenders slide so fast that it doesn't match up with their feet so that they're actually gliding.
It's not the defense is too good, it's warping and psychic defense that makes it unrealistic. I can get past the defender anytime I want, and I to will sometimes get that warping especially at the end of the shot clock. The sliding also happens on the offensive end for the cpu, players that are usually slow gets a speed burst, at the end of the shot clock this happens a lot.

# 106 mvb34 @ 08/08/12 12:37 PM
Talk is cheap 2K. We will see!!

# 107 Ritch548 @ 08/08/12 12:39 PM
an announcement for an announcement....GREAT! -_-

# 108 theprocess @ 08/08/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont care what you think about 2k but dont come over here talking out the side of your neck and bringing NBA Live as your reasoning because im banning with no mercy for trolling this year
Shaking in my boots

# 109 kolanji @ 08/08/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess
Shaking in my boots

stay on track lets not go there buddy ...let just talk about nba 2k13 and be excited...besides sit back and enjoy the GIFs.....its a fun day for 2k fans getting something to be excited about

# 110 NoTiCe_O @ 08/08/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji

# 111 videlsports @ 08/08/12 02:39 PM
I hope we see some new things, but I'm not going to complain too much. At least they trying to show something.

# 112 bateman11 @ 08/08/12 03:06 PM
Based on 2k's marketing strategy thus far, I'm expecting the first insight to include only an announcement about what to expect in the next insight. :O

# 113 VDusen04 @ 08/08/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Based on 2k's marketing strategy thus far, I'm expecting the first insight to include only an announcement about what to expect in the next insight. :O
Actually, something makes me think that's what the first insight was last year.

# 114 piccolomair @ 08/08/12 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
It might mean more to us gamers if it really amps up the presentation value while playing the game. If you ignore the music but focus on everything else Jay Z will be working on, this could be very very good
wouldnt the developer insight, in video mode, actually help create praise for Jay-z's involvement. Think about it, every video will contain some sort of soundtrack, that will be Jay-z stuff, every video will show off parts of the games presentation, that is another one of Jay-z's stuff.....in essence...an anouncement saying that Jay-z is 'helping' 2k with music in presentation is great....but only once we see the application.

To me, its EA who loves to get Big Names in on their projects for nothing more than the name....so getting excited over a name isnt anything special, getting excited when seeing bits and pieces of the game that shows off what that NAME put into the game....now thats amazing....

# 115 King_B_Mack @ 08/08/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess
Shaking in my boots

Oh damn, tough guy folks.

# 116 jersez @ 08/08/12 04:27 PM
Ronnie2k has already said it's not going to be that much footage. IN THE FIRST INSIGHT don't want to forget that. After that we should see a lot more, hopefully we can use some of these videos as references or tutorials etc. This was a big announcement imo Jay-z was bigger tho.

# 117 Gman 18 @ 08/08/12 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Ronnie2k has already said it's not going to be that much footage. IN THE FIRST INSIGHT don't want to forget that. After that we should see a lot more, hopefully we can use some of these videos as references or tutorials etc. This was a big announcement imo Jay-z was bigger tho.
I really wish 2k could have released videos about the gameplay 2 months ago. All they did was release 1 2 minute video showing gameplay and the video was blurry. The game is coming out in 2 months and they haven't even released 1 video explaining much about the gameplay yet. Ea released a 2 hour video about Madden's gameplay 4 months before released. Nba 2k13 is coming out in 2 months and they did'nt even make a video explaining much about the gameplay yet.

# 118 JerzeyReign @ 08/08/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I really wish 2k could have released videos about the gameplay 2 months ago. All they did was release 1 2 minute video showing gameplay and the video was blurry. The game is coming out in 2 months and they haven't even released 1 video explaining much about the gameplay yet. Ea released a 2 hour video about Madden's gameplay 4 months before released. Nba 2k13 is coming out in 2 months and they did'nt even make a video explaining much about the gameplay yet.
Uhh, I hate when Madden is mentioned in a 2k forum and vice versa (I'm guilty of it to) but Madden released a 'alpha' state '4 months prior' (pretty sure that kickoff gameplay was the only piece relevant) and then gave us the meat and potatoes on June 4th.

2k released a video a little over two months ago (was it at E3) -- which would technically be 5 months prior to advance and now they will get to the meat and potatoes 2 months early.

Not sure if I read your post right or not -- forgive me if I'm totally wrong on your thought process.

# 119 kolanji @ 08/08/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18

showing us what they did at E3 was generous...they never show anything at that stage in dev cycle ,not to mention that even to this point in the cycle ....keep in mind that we still have7 weeks to go before launch day..
we are right on schedule to get a taste of nba 2k as gamescom and insights r in the month of august so sit back a little and watch the fireworks anytime now

# 120 Gman 18 @ 08/08/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji

showing us what they did at E3 was generous...they never show anything at that stage in dev cycle ,not to mention that even to this point in the cycle ....keep in mind that we still have7 weeks to go before launch day..
we are right on schedule to get a taste of nba 2k as gamescom and insights r in the month of august so sit back a little and watch the fireworks anytime now
I know, but I still wish they could have released gameplay videos a little earlier.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.