Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, we should start seeing some NBA 2K13 Developer Insight videos in the near future.

Quote:
This year, we're introducing Developer Insight VIDEOS. Will allow us to SHOW you the difference between 2K12 and #NBA2K13. Debuting soon!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bigeastbumrush @ 08/08/12 05:35 PM
I like what Mike Wang did with Live 10 shooting footage from what seemed like his bedroom .

I think 2K should realize that most (or some) of us don't need full blown productions but just good insight on the things that frustrated us and the devs with 2K12 and how they've changed in 2K13.

Don't go EA with sizzle trailers and fireworks and then when 10/2 comes we're all enraged because you didn't deliver what you promised.

# 122 jersez @ 08/08/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I really wish 2k could have released videos about the gameplay 2 months ago. All they did was release 1 2 minute video showing gameplay and the video was blurry. The game is coming out in 2 months and they haven't even released 1 video explaining much about the gameplay yet. Ea released a 2 hour video about Madden's gameplay 4 months before released. Nba 2k13 is coming out in 2 months and they did'nt even make a video explaining much about the gameplay yet.
Like others have said, we usually have jack squat at this point. So the amount of info and everything else we have now, is really special. 2k is a really quiet company to begin with, and we have learned how they operate throughout the years. I understand your point of the E3 gameplay video, but it's so much better than nothing. Gameplay videos usually come out around September and late august.

Quote:
I know, but I still wish they could have released gameplay videos a little earlier.
Basically they can't really show anything, until they are sure it's marketable. For example (not dissing) but live 13 was shown way to soon, and they've been back pedaling ever since, it really messed them up, with all of the negative feedback from this large websites. 2k is probably fixing bugs and everything else, so they can show it to the masses soon.

September is usually the month they advertise everything and we get all of the gameplay stuff. Don't forget that these devs don't have the same development time or cycle as the rest of these genres. So they are most likely still working on the game and finishing up around this time.

# 123 rockchisler @ 08/08/12 06:03 PM
Ill pass on videos right now, I just want to know about the improvements. I know , weird right?

# 124 Gman 18 @ 08/08/12 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Uhh, I hate when Madden is mentioned in a 2k forum and vice versa (I'm guilty of it to) but Madden released a 'alpha' state '4 months prior' (pretty sure that kickoff gameplay was the only piece relevant) and then gave us the meat and potatoes on June 4th.

2k released a video a little over two months ago (was it at E3) -- which would technically be 5 months prior to advance and now they will get to the meat and potatoes 2 months early.

Not sure if I read your post right or not -- forgive me if I'm totally wrong on your thought process.
I know what you mean, but I really wan't to see more gameplay videos and videos of the other gamemodes because I can tell that they are probably going to be improved alot this year. What I meant in the comment I wrote was that 2k should show the videos a little earlier than they do because then we could get an idea of what was improved in the game earlier. But you are right about what you wrote, though.

# 125 SouthBeach @ 08/08/12 08:24 PM
Quote:
I know, but I still wish they could have released gameplay videos a little earlier.
Would you rather see early build/Alpha gameplay at E3? Or would you rather wait for a better video of gameplay later in the dev. cycle?

# 126 blues rocker @ 08/08/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Ill pass on videos right now, I just want to know about the improvements. I know , weird right?
but the videos are about the improvements...

# 127 saaddzz @ 08/08/12 08:28 PM
Cant wait for insight vids and BIG announcement!

# 128 Gman 18 @ 08/08/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Would you rather see early build/Alpha gameplay at E3? Or would you rather wait for a better video of gameplay later in the dev. cycle?
I would rather see a better video of gameplay later in the dev. cycle.

# 129 KspadeTheProspect @ 08/08/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
Confidence, son.
I love it!

# 130 sooperb @ 08/08/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That gif is the best!! second goes to the guy who did a split in black and white.

# 131 Muzyk23 @ 08/09/12 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
All that confidence is ignoble if they haven't fixed online. Please get that right
Understood but I think there are also a lot of 2k players who never play online.

# 132 greenegt @ 08/09/12 09:14 AM
Bring on the vids! I can't wait to see the improvements from 2K12 to 2K13.

# 133 iLLosophy @ 08/09/12 09:19 AM
You guys are crashing my browser with all these gifs lol

# 134 kongemeier @ 08/09/12 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilluminary
I was reading this thread on my phone driving home from work in the bus yesterday. When I got to this post I just couldn't stop laughing. Other people on the bus started looking at me thinking "who is that weird dude!"

# 135 xMoJox @ 08/09/12 10:12 AM
2K PLEASE fix your fast break logic! Why is Demar Derozan running to the corner for a three on a fast break when he could be going for the dunk!!??

# 136 ForeverVersatile @ 08/09/12 12:59 PM
I traded in my 2K12 to pre-order 2K13 so i'm definitely ready to see some new game play/features.

# 137 Rostee F @ 08/11/12 01:55 PM

Ooh Yeah..Uh huh
Uh huh, Uh we outta here y'all..oh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.