Home
EA Sports MVP Baseball Online News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

MVP Baseball is back?!?! Well, not really. It seems EA Sports MVP Baseball Online will be an online game in Korea. Looks like it has nice graphics, 5,000 dynamic motions and a few other things.

The game is developed by EA Korea Seoul Studio. If anything else comes up about it, we'll let you know.

UPDATE: Kotaku's Owen Good has chimed in on the subject with a reminder not to get too worked up about it.

Quote:
But don't get your hopes up. When pressed about the potential return of MVP, EA Sports has waved off the possibility in ways stronger than the usual "no plans at this time," you hear from video game publishers. Andrew Wilson, the label's boss, told Kotaku that EA Sports' new-game focus is on its upcoming UFC game. To ESPN, he flatly said EA Sports was not working on MVP. Scuttlebutt has it that EA Sports will wait until the next console generation if it's going to get back into baseball in North America.

Game: EA Sports MVP Baseball OnlineHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
EA Sports MVP Baseball Online Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SHAKYR @ 08/09/12 10:09 AM
I think this is a dry run for EA to bring back the series.

# 2 MattyEdgeworth @ 08/09/12 10:18 AM
Looks damn good

# 3 chrisphil1724 @ 08/09/12 10:21 AM
MLB The Show is, I feel, a better game now then MVP was, however it would be nice to have a better baseball game on the Xbox 360.

# 4 TheUndogmatic @ 08/09/12 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I think this is a dry run for EA to bring back the series.
I was thinking the same thing. Why else would they make just a game for korea...? It looks real good...

# 5 AustSaint @ 08/09/12 10:37 AM
FIFA online is huge here, so it could be a test run or a Korea only thing.

# 6 Marvc @ 08/09/12 11:12 AM
I will import this day one

# 7 luv_mist @ 08/09/12 11:57 AM
Not a sad day when exclusive rights is the norm in this country. Blame the politicians or whoever allows those type of things on the books to prevent competition.......

# 8 ELDoro @ 08/09/12 12:09 PM
Would people in the states be able to play this game online? I would love a game like this.

# 9 Blitzburgh @ 08/09/12 12:10 PM
The show has great player models for the most part but they are really lacking in how the fields and stadiums look... That shot for the video just goes to show you how real things are going to get...The grass, dirt and stadiums look like the real thing...

# 10 cadalyst17 @ 08/09/12 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Not a sad day when exclusive rights is the norm in this country. Blame the politicians or whoever allows those type of things on the books to prevent competition.......
I think the politicians have better things to worry about, like wars, jobs etc....but that's just me

# 11 Steve_OS @ 08/09/12 12:28 PM
Updated OP w/ a Kotaku article.

# 12 xman2k @ 08/09/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
It's a sad day when Korea gets a baseball game and we here in the states sit on the sidelines and watch. And I agree with some of the posts here, it looks great. I'd probalby rather have that next year than The Show, I'm growing tired of that game.
I feel the same about football. Thank EA and the NFL.

# 13 BobbyColtrane @ 08/09/12 03:28 PM
All I have to say after watching that video is, "Grab some pine, Meat!"

# 14 inkcil @ 08/09/12 03:52 PM
i think this is very good news...even if it means something for us in spring 2014.

# 15 PVarck31 @ 08/10/12 01:34 PM
Keep politics out of this.

# 16 22cedric @ 08/11/12 08:32 PM
When MVP Baseball returns it will surpass MLB The Show just watch!!!!

# 17 JerzeyReign @ 08/12/12 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
When MVP Baseball returns it will surpass MLB The Show just watch!!!!
I'm convinced you 'ride' for EA so you can become a GameChanger, their is no other excuse.

I doubt MVP baseball surpasses The Show anytime soon -- it would however would be a great option for baseball fans on the 360.

# 18 DrJones @ 08/16/12 09:45 PM
Strange video. Doesn't look like anyone from EA in North America bothered to take a look at this before it got sent out. At about the 15 second mark, you can see a Triple Play Baseball (!!!) overlay!

# 19 mkharsh33 @ 08/16/12 10:30 PM
This video made me consider a potential move to Korea in the foreseeable future...

# 20 K0ZZ @ 08/20/12 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
No company should be forced to license to everyone, if the MLB decides it wants only one developer that's their choice, it doesn't prevent competition, it greatly inhibits it, but non-brand games can be successful.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.