Home
EA Sports MVP Baseball Online News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

MVP Baseball is back?!?! Well, not really. It seems EA Sports MVP Baseball Online will be an online game in Korea. Looks like it has nice graphics, 5,000 dynamic motions and a few other things.

The game is developed by EA Korea Seoul Studio. If anything else comes up about it, we'll let you know.

UPDATE: Kotaku's Owen Good has chimed in on the subject with a reminder not to get too worked up about it.

Quote:
But don't get your hopes up. When pressed about the potential return of MVP, EA Sports has waved off the possibility in ways stronger than the usual "no plans at this time," you hear from video game publishers. Andrew Wilson, the label's boss, told Kotaku that EA Sports' new-game focus is on its upcoming UFC game. To ESPN, he flatly said EA Sports was not working on MVP. Scuttlebutt has it that EA Sports will wait until the next console generation if it's going to get back into baseball in North America.

Game: EA Sports MVP Baseball OnlineHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
EA Sports MVP Baseball Online Videos
Member Comments
# 21 authentic @ 08/29/12 07:54 PM
This is a test by EA Sports. If they can get positive feedback on this online game, expect a MLB game in 2013, which is possible correct?

If it is, might as well get the MVP Baseball section ready to go.

# 22 authentic @ 08/29/12 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm convinced you 'ride' for EA so you can become a GameChanger, their is no other excuse.

I doubt MVP baseball surpasses The Show anytime soon -- it would however would be a great option for baseball fans on the 360.
This.

If EA can release a baseball game that is similar to MVP 05, with good graphics and an in depth Owner Mode, I would be thrilled.

# 23 Money99 @ 08/30/12 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
When MVP Baseball returns it will surpass MLB The Show just watch!!!!
Absolutely. And it won't even matter if The Show is better.
MVP2005 sold over 1.5M copies on PS2 alone - not to mention the Xbox sales.

The Show sells around 500K now.

EA, like them or hate them, is a powerful name brand. People will FLOCK to an EA baseball game once it comes out next-gen.

# 24 authentic @ 09/02/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Plus there's something very wrong if it can't win when it's on 6 systems compared to 2. Unless we're talking gameplay wise,in which case also yes. Didn't play The Show this year but I'm guessing the pitching is still entirely atrocious and that new thing looked even worse still.
The main thing The Show has going for it is visuals. The presentation is still bland and drags out, the ball physics still need work, the commentating is awful, and the Franchise hasn't changed much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it needs work in some areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 DrJones @ 09/02/12 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
This is a test by EA Sports. If they can get positive feedback on this online game, expect a MLB game in 2013, which is possible correct?

If it is, might as well get the MVP Baseball section ready to go.
Not a test. I doubt many people at EA are even aware of this.

Also, it'd take at least 18 months to rebuild MVP. If they started immediately, an EA MLB game could be out by spring 2014, I suppose. Which means that EA would need access to PS4 and XBox 720 (or Infinity, or whatever) devkits right now. Unlikely. If MVP returns, I'm guessing it'll be in 2015.

# 26 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/03/12 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm convinced you 'ride' for EA so you can become a GameChanger, their is no other excuse.

I doubt MVP baseball surpasses The Show anytime soon -- it would however would be a great option for baseball fans on the 360.
classic Jerzey

# 27 Ermolli @ 09/05/12 06:44 PM

# 28 ab713 @ 09/06/12 02:54 PM
If you want to play here is the website:

http://mvpbo.gametree.co.kr/

Tried using google translate, but couldn't figure out how to register.

# 29 ab713 @ 09/06/12 04:20 PM
Apparently it is being produced by EA Seoul according to:

http://www.thisisgame.com/en/2012/04...baseball-games

That article mentions another online baseball game built on the Unreal 3 Engine called "Magu the Real".

Found the website: http://ma9real.netmarble.net/

From reading their facebook page it seems to be a closed beta.

# 30 ELDoro @ 09/08/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab713
If you want to play here is the website:

http://mvpbo.gametree.co.kr/

Tried using google translate, but couldn't figure out how to register.
its already out?

# 31 Ermolli @ 09/09/12 06:22 PM
Presentation of the game in a conference:

Beta gameplay

# 32 mike24forever @ 09/10/12 03:59 PM
I don't understand a word that is being said and I don't play games on the PC, however I don't care. I want to pay this. I'm ordering Rossetta stone as I type this!

# 33 MrOctober430 @ 10/20/12 01:22 PM
Is there anyway to get this to the states?

# 34 Frank is the Tank @ 10/22/12 02:27 PM
I think I'll be moving to Korea momentarily, get the game, and come back!

# 35 JODYE @ 10/23/12 01:34 AM
Honestly this looks like nothing more than a graphics update.

Obviously, not being able to play it first hand, we can't see if the physics were changed, but as far as most of the animations, it looks like they have remained unchanged since 2005.

Which, with the Show pushing they limits in terms of amounts of animations, that wouldn't be acceptable now.

Did like the sound, and overall atmosphere of the stadiums. Still the MVP team, if they were to prepare a game for 2014/15, they would have a lot of work to do, in terms of topping the quality that the Show is at.

Now, if they keep stadium builder in, and GM Mode, then we will have some real competition out of the gate, because I know, that is a big draw for baseball gaming fans, including myself.

Was this developed by a Korean gaming team? EA?

# 36 OriolesFanRD @ 10/23/12 02:24 AM
My body is ready, EA. Do not betray me as you have with the Madden franchise. Let me continue to love the power of MVP baseball 2005. I will wait with anticipation of a great baseball game returning to me.

# 37 MrOctober430 @ 11/09/12 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Honestly this looks like nothing more than a graphics update.

Obviously, not being able to play it first hand, we can't see if the physics were changed, but as far as most of the animations, it looks like they have remained unchanged since 2005.

Which, with the Show pushing they limits in terms of amounts of animations, that wouldn't be acceptable now.

Did like the sound, and overall atmosphere of the stadiums. Still the MVP team, if they were to prepare a game for 2014/15, they would have a lot of work to do, in terms of topping the quality that the Show is at.

Now, if they keep stadium builder in, and GM Mode, then we will have some real competition out of the gate, because I know, that is a big draw for baseball gaming fans, including myself.

Was this developed by a Korean gaming team? EA?
MVP was already ahead of its time in 2005. But hey, I haven't played a baseball game since MVP NCAA 06.

# 38 lalit34 @ 11/20/12 01:22 AM
Nice Information!. I know MVP Baseball is back. Well, not really. It seems EA SportsMVP Baseball Online will be an online game in Korea.The last MVP Baseball game which was released in 2005 was WAY ahead of its time with features such as Owner Mode.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Sports Social Network

# 39 TheBigHurt35 @ 07/07/13 04:10 PM
Yeah I'm Thinking The Same Thing If I Moved There They Might Let Me Try It Out

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.