Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has posted his NBA 2K13 preview, introducing the Control Stick, real-time physics collision system and talking about the improved passing game.

Quote:
Everyone will appreciate the new real-time physics system for collisions, which makes shots in the paint much more dynamic. A player going up for a lay-in can now get realistically bumped by defenders, altering his path through the air — as well as that of his shot. These aren't canned animations for contact; everything depends on the momentum of the players involved.

Another improvement NBA 2K fans will notice is passing, which Visual Concepts acknowledges has been a problem area in the past. "Passing is one of the toughest, toughest aspects of the game," said Jones, and to address it, the team dedicated a gameplay engineer to passing alone. Passes tended to feel floaty, and Jones explained the reason: the game prioritized the appearance of a pass and catch, so it had to keep passes slow in order to ensure that a receiver's hands lined up with the ball's position.

Source - For 'NBA 2K13,' 'accessible' isn't a dirty word (Polygon)

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RustyBlue @ 08/11/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
There called sliders for a reason. Learn it, love it, live it
only if they let you in online association and My Player

# 102 Vni @ 08/11/12 02:45 PM
I really don't see what was wrong with Isomotion, but if they got to make it more intuitive am up for it.

# 103 8KB24 @ 08/11/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby803
only if they let you in online association and My Player

You can on PC.

# 104 youvalss @ 08/11/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I really don't see what was wrong with Isomotion, but if they got to make it more intuitive am up for it.
I have no problem with Isomotion either. But there's always a way to make things better. Is this it? Hopefully.

One thing I'm certain of, it'll work better in 2K14. It usually takes at least another title for a new system to be implemented as good as possible.

# 105 ObviousHater @ 08/11/12 04:56 PM
I really had gripes with isomotion
1. NO SEPERATION or Beating man off dribble ... You hardly get any seperation with even the best ball handlers vs the worst on ball defenders agaisnt cpu opponets mostly and sometimes online

2. Even if i do get seperation.... The computer will catch up(guards) and even slow CENTERS WILL STAY IN FRONT of your point gaurds because isomotion was compensated with sliding which will be in the game in 2k13 as well because i saw it in the new trailer

3. Hopefully this year we can actually get seperation and beat our man off the dribble AND KEEP IT seperation

# 106 Vni @ 08/11/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
I really had gripes with isomotion
1. NO SEPERATION or Beating man off dribble ... You hardly get any seperation with even the best ball handlers vs the worst on ball defenders agaisnt cpu opponets mostly and sometimes online

2. Even if i do get seperation.... The computer will catch up(guards) and even slow CENTERS WILL STAY IN FRONT of your point gaurds because isomotion was compensated with sliding which will be in the game in 2k13 as well because i saw it in the new trailer

3. Hopefully this year we can actually get seperation and beat our man off the dribble AND KEEP IT seperation
That wasn't the fault of the Isomotion though.

# 107 ObviousHater @ 08/11/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That wasn't the fault of the Isomotion though.
It has something to do with isomotion..

# 108 kolanji @ 08/11/12 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
It has something to do with isomotion..
actually no it doesnt have anything to do with it.....
its the ice sliding to get defenders back into defensive position and foot planting that made em float about unrealistically

not to worry all this was address in nba 2k13 due to the new foot planting tech they add and the new real time physics system

# 109 liberaluser @ 08/11/12 05:40 PM
Can somebody give me a definition of what isomotion is beyond marketing speak?

Are the new controls under the isomotion banner or is this year going away from that?

# 110 kolanji @ 08/11/12 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
Can somebody give me a definition of what isomotion is beyond marketing speak?

Are the new controls under the isomotion banner or is this year going away from that?
"isomotion" is the term visual Concepts used to describe the dribbling moves available to the user using the anlog stick with gestures to pull off cross overs around the back stop and go step backs spin half spin size ups hesitations in and outs
previously u had to hold the L trigger (L2) to do the moves but now they are mapped to the right analog stick which in return makes it more accessible and intuitive to learn do and master

hope that clears it up for u a bit there buddy

# 111 kevmasood @ 08/11/12 08:23 PM
iI use the shot button i never felt comfortable shooting jumpers my timeing always felt off i use the shot stick when im in the paint

# 112 kevmasood @ 08/11/12 08:47 PM
i thought Ronnie 2k tweeted and said the controls were optional in case u dont like it they had different ones to choose from like 2k12 controls

# 113 cmebfresh @ 08/11/12 09:49 PM
i hope derrick rose can get by kwame brown in nba 2k13... but i'm in wait an see mode with nba 2k13, they did this to us last year. and whats up with the players and shoes

players look the same

# 114 Eman5805 @ 08/11/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
i hope derrick rose can get by kwame brown in nba 2k13... but i'm in wait an see mode with nba 2k13, they did this to us last year. and whats up with the players and shoes

players look the same
Even more than getting by Kwame, he needs to be able to finish around the rim. Too many times you'd have a realistic angle go up for the layup only for some flat footed mouth breather gets in the way and makes Rose throw up some ridiculous double clutch thing when they had no chance of blocking it and there was a whole lot of backboard to lay the ball off of.

It's why people rave about his strength and athleticism. Just cuz someone gets in his way doesn't mean he takes a bad shot.

# 115 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/12/12 05:13 PM
this year, calling for a pick is as simple as holding down the left bumper

Please don't tell me that this means we can't choose who we want to set a screen, or choose whether or not we want them to pop or roll.

# 116 blues rocker @ 08/12/12 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Even more than getting by Kwame, he needs to be able to finish around the rim. Too many times you'd have a realistic angle go up for the layup only for some flat footed mouth breather gets in the way and makes Rose throw up some ridiculous double clutch thing when they had no chance of blocking it and there was a whole lot of backboard to lay the ball off of.

It's why people rave about his strength and athleticism. Just cuz someone gets in his way doesn't mean he takes a bad shot.
yep...you're talking about this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ome-later.html

hopefully 2k fixed that this year.

# 117 Eman5805 @ 08/12/12 05:55 PM
Yup pretty much those.

# 118 RageN.O.Saints @ 08/13/12 12:35 AM
This is Sick!!!

# 119 VUUAASSHHH! @ 08/13/12 02:05 AM
Is that KD? Because it does not look like him

# 120 SamitSarkar @ 08/13/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
this year, calling for a pick is as simple as holding down the left bumper

Please don't tell me that this means we can't choose who we want to set a screen, or choose whether or not we want them to pop or roll.
Don't fret. All those specific controls are still available.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.