Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 illwill10 @ 08/14/12 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
If we can do anything like this with the Isomotion this year:

I might just have to buy this game twice.
You can probably to the dribbling, but you may have to use the button shooting, unless you are quick with the sticks and then have to press L2 to shoot

# 202 deetoman @ 08/14/12 12:40 AM
I use the shoot button anyway, I only used the shot stick for layups and dunks! So I hope I can pull that off

# 203 achieveduser @ 08/14/12 12:48 AM
Great insight video... wow it's that time of the year already

# 204 vannwolfhawk @ 08/14/12 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
You can probably to the dribbling, but you may have to use the button shooting, unless you are quick with the sticks and then have to press L2 to shoot
Or you could hold L2 and right stick for dribbling and then release L2 to shoot with R stick by my understanding of the control options. So I would think that would be easier to pull that move off?!

# 205 illwill10 @ 08/14/12 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Or you could hold L2 and right stick for dribbling and then release L2 to shoot with R stick by my understanding of the control options. So I would think that would be easier to pull that move off?!
That would be a easier to pull off. I am not good with the sticks(dribble-wise). So, I will put some time in the demo working on it.

# 206 vannwolfhawk @ 08/14/12 01:08 AM
I'm with ya! I have never been good at Iso motion nor a fan of it. By the sounds of it I am thinking the L2 and right stick makes more sense for my style of play being the dribbling moves. I think transition would be easier to lay ins, dunks, or pull ups off of moves. I will give both a fair shot though. Man it's nice to have the option!!!

# 207 illwill10 @ 08/14/12 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I'm with ya! I have never been good at Iso motion nor a fan of it. By the sounds of it I am thinking the L2 and right stick makes more sense for my style of play being the dribbling moves. I think transition would be easier to lay ins, dunks, or pull ups off of moves. I will give both a fair shot though. Man it's nice to have the option!!!
Exactly.

I will most likely do the same control scheme. I rather press L2 to dribble than to shoot. They didnt talk about layups and dunks. I dont want to go for a wideopen layup/dunk and dribble out of bounds.

Im not sure yet though. I use RS for JumpShots & Layups/Dunks, but use Square/X for Post and FTs. I can time up J's using RS, but not post and FTs. Hopefully they still have the ability to shoot FTs with button. It should be, but I know(well think) I saw somewhere on a article that they changed up FT grading.

# 208 Tha_Kid @ 08/14/12 01:24 AM
Quote:

# 209 Goffs @ 08/14/12 05:19 AM
Quote:

I think you can pull that move off in 2k...the problem is how will 2k execute it...some of the animations in 2k are just too slow for my liking....

# 210 JerzeyReign @ 08/14/12 05:55 AM
Looks like a carry to me lol

# 211 barimanlhs @ 08/14/12 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I think you can pull that move off in 2k...the problem is how will 2k execute it...some of the animations in 2k are just too slow for my liking....
Well they say its one to one movement, so I guess if it works correctly, then it should happen like you see in that gif

That would be pretty sweet haha

# 212 mrclutch @ 08/14/12 10:15 AM
Control stick sounds a lot like what Beluba did with NBA Live 10 when he was at EA. that was the probably the best feature in that game and if it's done right could be the best feature in 2K. Looking very good so far.

# 213 BezO @ 08/14/12 10:20 AM
Aside from the bit of sliding still present and some stiffness in the defensive reactions, this looks lovely.

If this much attention was paid to other problem areas, I'll be in video basketball game heaven.

# 214 Eman5805 @ 08/14/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Most layup animations are WAY to damn slow. It's probably cuz the mo-cap athlete is jogging when he does the layups and not behaving as he would if he were trying to beat another player to the basket.

And the high level layups, ironically, get blocked more than the lower, simpler ones. Like a layup I often get where for no reason at all the player does all these movements with the ball that just gets blocked.

# 215 kmiree16 @ 08/14/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Most layup animations are WAY to damn slow. It's probably cuz the mo-cap athlete is jogging when he does the layups and not behaving as he would if he were trying to beat another player to the basket.

And the high level layups, ironically, get blocked more than the lower, simpler ones. Like a layup I often get where for no reason at all the player does all these movements with the ball that just gets blocked.
The best one is when you have a wide open layup and you do an unnecessary double clutch so you can either get blocked or miss the layup because someone was standing near you when you released the shot.

Or when the game makes you switch hands at the last second so you can throw the ball into the defender's chest/head while falling on your face.

There needs to be some kind of distinction between the defense actually contesting a shot and just being in the area. Too many times the game makes you do these weird and unnecessary layups to try and represent the defense being tough at the rim.

# 216 jayman504 @ 08/14/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Looks like a carry to me lol
Was just about to say the damn same thing...lol...just plain NASTY

# 217 JerzeyReign @ 08/14/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Was just about to say the damn same thing...lol...just plain NASTY
Yeah but my boy George Lynch stayed in his pocket though! lol

# 218 Nathan_OS @ 08/14/12 03:31 PM
This guy Ronnies wildin right now

"With that said, tomorrow should get most of you excited. Tell everyone, we are about to blow the roof off this mother. #NBA2K13 #yeahIsaidit"

# 219 LD2k @ 08/14/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
This guy Ronnies wildin right now

"With that said, tomorrow should get most of you excited. Tell everyone, we are about to blow the roof off this mother. #NBA2K13 #yeahIsaidit"
You will be tomorrow, too.

# 220 illwill10 @ 08/14/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
You will be tomorrow, too.
Like the confidence that has been shown so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.