Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JODYE @ 08/10/12 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Let me tell you guys what I like about the spin move in this gif... So after you initiate the spin and start to turn your back to the defender, you have a decision point:

1. move the right stick back the other way to turn it into a half-spin
2. move your left stick in the direction of the spin to quickly launch hard into a drive (think Amare or Melo move)
3. let the standing spin continue until the player is faced up again

If you choose option 3, you have more branch points:
1. chain into any other sizeup iso move
2. move your left stick to branch into a hard first step launch or cross launch
3. let the original spin finish all the way and go back into your stand dribble

Pretty much the whole Iso system works this way. You have a ton of flexibility to pull off just about any move you can think of once you understand the rhythm of the game, how the moves branch, and how movement impacts the moves. It got to the point that even the best ball handlers that we brought in for motion capture couldn't think of any new moves for me to add to the system. And believe me, these were HIGH level guards. For people who appreciate a good floor game, you will definitely like the upgrade.
Like what I see in that GIF as well.

Last year, that move would have somehow resulted in Rondo sliding to position and Rose hitting the invisible defense wall, which was extremely frustrating.

It looks like the positioning on defense is actually playing more true, as you can see Rondo actually is forced to make a full turn to recover and try to engage Rose on defense which at this point he is already beat.

So can we assume that speed is going to play a more important factor in this game as well? Guys that have that speed to recover can still do so and challenge?

I just really hope the controls are as fluid as they look and the branching between moves isn't as clunky and unresponsive as isomotion was.

So far, my interest has definitely increased from the Jay-Z announcement. Excited to hear and see more.

Thank you for the insight.

# 122 youvalss @ 08/10/12 07:08 PM
14 pages late, but it's good to receive some information. Finally something to look for.

# 123 JBreezeNY @ 08/10/12 07:16 PM
Just like that everybody who has been bitching & complaining about the game, saying 2k is ****ing up by focusing on some stupid soundtrack, they don't care about us, they don't care about the gameplay, wah, wah, wah, have shut up & eaten crow.

I love it

# 124 blues rocker @ 08/10/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Let me tell you guys what I like about the spin move in this gif... So after you initiate the spin and start to turn your back to the defender, you have a decision point:

2. move your left stick in the direction of the spin to quickly launch hard into a drive (think Amare or Melo move)

Pretty much the whole Iso system works this way. You have a ton of flexibility to pull off just about any move you can think of once you understand the rhythm of the game, how the moves branch, and how movement impacts the moves. It got to the point that even the best ball handlers that we brought in for motion capture couldn't think of any new moves for me to add to the system. And believe me, these were HIGH level guards. For people who appreciate a good floor game, you will definitely like the upgrade.
you can never have too many branch points. the lack of branch points in 2k12 made the dribbling feel sluggish at times.

i like that in the Rose gif the crossover at the end makes him quickly change direction in an explosive way...directional changes on crossovers often felt a bit slow in 2k12.

# 125 youvalss @ 08/10/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
Just like that everybody who has been bitching & complaining about the game, saying 2k is ****ing up by focusing on some stupid soundtrack, they don't care about us, they don't care about the gameplay, wah, wah, wah, have shut up & eaten crow.

I love it
To me, every paragraph in that article contains 10 time bigger of an announcement than that "Biggest Announcement Ever". But that's me.

# 126 mrmass413 @ 08/10/12 08:17 PM
I know for xbox connect If you swear u can get a tech wut about ps3? Please verify

# 127 StefanK @ 08/10/12 09:16 PM
This is why 2K is leaps and bounds ahead of anything EA Sports. 2K actually takes user feedback into hand when developing their next game, apposed to the "uhhh... just add a couple things to the presentation, that'll be fine" approach by EA Sports.

FIFA being the exception, of course.

# 128 StefanK @ 08/10/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmass413
I know for xbox connect If you swear u can get a tech wut about ps3? Please verify
If that's true, that is friggin' awesome. It's about time they implemented technical fouls.

# 129 moneal2001 @ 08/10/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanK
This is why 2K is leaps and bounds ahead of anything EA Sports. 2K actually takes user feedback into hand when developing their next game, apposed to the "uhhh... just add a couple things to the presentation, that'll be fine" approach by EA Sports.

FIFA being the exception, of course.
yea because the infinity engine and CCM and read and react D and dynamic OVR and system specific OVR are all presentation and none were asked for by the community.

# 130 TalenT @ 08/10/12 09:34 PM
I've watched this video 137 times I think.

# 131 Phreezy P @ 08/10/12 09:52 PM
I hope this crossover is back.

And a different variation

# 132 exposedaking @ 08/11/12 04:16 AM
I really hope the dribbling is fluid and responsive, crossing my fingers

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 133 Vast @ 08/11/12 04:49 AM
Quote:

Amazing Mike. You guys have outdone yourselves this year, and I've only seen the first insight.
With the improvements mentioned already we're talking about great advancement in the gameplay department.

# 134 darch @ 08/11/12 05:57 AM
Hope 2k dev read those threads

Im courios how to execute shots made now by LT+ST there was a lot .Hope shotting stick will be fully playable couse its amazing system when you master it fells way better than square button .

How we will get back up ?Now with triangle it is easy to back up even brigging ball up the court when defence is on you ,nba players do that all the time .We shoud control it and do it always with ball staing in the same hand !!!not changing automaticly (sometimes)

How about Triplethreat fakes(they shoul be analog like in live 2003 that was the best system ever,feeld fully controled )

They should back right analog defence like in previous 2k games on ps2 RS right left for left right hand ,maybe up for blocks just use to love that system feel fully controled by me ,steals and cutting passes was feel great,i didnt saw anybody using RS for defence now .

Hope game gets realistic tempo. Just like now you must use mvp and jd mod for quicker offence and defence moves put gameplay speed 49 for realistic ball physics ,and plaers quicness at 47 rest with abbys slidelrs feels way more realictic gameplay ,dribling etc.better respomsivness on shooting dribbling defence passing also look way more real.

# 135 silverskier @ 08/11/12 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
http://youtu.be/9oyHYnD6_2A?t=10s

# 136 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/11/12 07:43 AM
Im really liking the sound of the "Control Stick" being bought in for 2K. Before I started playing 2K I was a EA player so its good they bought in that type of scheme for 2K13.

# 137 iLLosophy @ 08/11/12 09:50 AM
Anybody know what is the different control for executing a spin vs behind the back since the Left Trigger modifier is no longer used for special iso moves?

# 138 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/11/12 09:53 AM
Glad they added more diversity to the dribble moves. Hopefully they don't change the post offense controls too much, seeing how it took a long time to master all the post moves.

And, for the love of humanity, why can't 2K ever get the accessories right? Even in the first teaser I noticed Blake doesn't have an arm sleeve or knee pads (like this: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Blake+Griffin+Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Memphis+G4hzV u4ovt-l.jpg), and Durant's knee sleeves are the wrong style and color (should look like this: http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/files/2012/04/kevin-durant-dunk-playoffs-2012-sarah-phipps-photo.jpg).

I know these are minor issues to a lot of people, but if a sport game cstrives to be realistic, don't you think the players should look like they do on the court? It's just seems like such an easy fix, and it boggles my mind why 2K has such a difficult time with simple stuff, such as adding different accessory colors for home and away unis.

# 139 DboyRavage @ 08/11/12 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Anybody know what is the different control for executing a spin vs behind the back since the Left Trigger modifier is no longer used for special iso moves?
I would guess that behind the back would be a half circle on the analog. And a spin would be a full circle.

# 140 8KB24 @ 08/11/12 10:32 AM
Amazing. I am astonished how people will ALWAYS find something to complain about no matter how good the product is becoming even after just ONE Dev Insight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.