Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every running back in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 running back ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Trucking, Elusiveness, and Acceleration will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

What are your thoughts on the running back ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Juce734 @ 08/10/12 03:11 PM
A lot of ratings are really high for players. Leshoure for the Lions has an extremely high carry and is coming off injury but his injury rating is good. Leshoure is also rated worse than chicken legs Kevin Smith! Kevin Smith is average at best.

# 42 jwhezzy2003 @ 08/10/12 04:04 PM
demarco murray

guys like admad bradshaw are high but demarco murray is a 83 when he played like a beast before he was injured.

Demarco murray has more yards than bradshaw on less carries. Bradshaw did have more touchdowns but come one EA. You need to be more consistant in these ratings. What are they going by? Are they picking out of a hat?

# 43 DaT_PR_BoY____ @ 08/10/12 04:29 PM
Bush has his best year ever as a pro but doesn't receive his best rating? That makes sense...

# 44 mpeterso @ 08/10/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Jezzzz ea strech out the ratings...an average started should be rated 70-75, a solid starter 76-83, a household name 84-93, and a HOFer 94-99.

Or something like that i cant deal with ratings this high its makes it feel like every player is exactly the same
A what point in a players career do you know they are a hall of famer? In the case of some future HOFers, we may not know if they are a HOFer until 20-30 years from now.

# 45 mpeterso @ 08/10/12 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Maaaan Marshawn Lynch is so underrated in this game.

he is faster than 90 speed, much stronger than 84 rating..especially when you compare him to other RBs who have higher strength ratings....more agile than the 84 rating (just ask Ray Lewis).

if you want to give him a low 90's rating for speed...fine make it 92 or 93 (u usually don't see people catch up to the guy)..but you need to really up his acceleration from 88 to the low 90's as well. (imo should be mid 90s).

there is a reason why he was the only RB to rush for over 100 yards against my 9ers last year...he is one of the best running backs in the league. His overall should be in the mid 90s.
While I agree that Lynch is probably underrated by most, 90 speed is probably about right for him (I had him @ 89 in Madden 12 using my own criteria). Don't get me wrong, he was timed at 4.46 in the combine in the 40, and he's shown it on the field (see his 47 yard TD run against the Giants last year when he broke it going outside along the sideline, out running the Giants defence in the process and not getting touched the final 30 yards on the play) but 91+ speed is probably best reserved for 4.4 and faster 40 guys. Not looking at his M13 ratings I suspect his agility, acceleration and pass catching are rated too low (they were in M12's final roster update, so don't expect they have been upgraded accurately for M13's base roster) accounting for his lowish rating.

# 46 Lodeus @ 08/10/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Ratings are ridiculously high.
Reading the comments I guess I get why they are that high. Seems fans of their want their guy to be the best even if he is not. Madden really needs to quit worrying what people think of ratings so much.

# 47 Gaycandybacon @ 08/10/12 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
DeMarco Murray is only an 83??!!?!?! wtf
Murray is in his 2nd year in the league what are you expecting a 90 OVR?
Murry was 22nd in the league running the football with 897 yards. 200+ of those came from a not so great defense in St. Louis.. So his yards per attempt are skewed. And he only had wait for it.............. 2 TDs. I think he's good where he's at, he could be lower too imo. The guy had a solid rookie year, and I didn't even check his recieving stats. plus I'm not following the cowboys so I could be wrong. But asking for more is farfetched.

# 48 Gaycandybacon @ 08/10/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Reading the comments I guess I get why they are that high. Seems fans of their want their guy to be the best even if he is not. Madden really needs to quit worrying what people think of ratings so much.
And yet, people still didn't get what they wanted.

# 49 bmj2k7 @ 08/10/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Really appreciate it, thanks.....I would "thank" your post, but I cant at work either lol
Not a problem man. If KC drafts a top QB next season like Matt Barkley, KC could be extremely dangerous with Bowe, McCluster, a young TE and young D they could be a fan favorite especially for KC fans, this year however Cassel will win 4 to 6 games and screw your chances at landing Barkley so you will have to have a blockbuster trade, kill future drafts for Barkley all bc Cassel isnt very good. In all honesty iif it looks bad they should throw the season to get him. Just look how much better the Lions are with Stafford in vs out the lineup, a average limited QB wont win 10 games no matter how good. Barkley or whoever as a rookie will already be better, have a upside, and have a unknown factor bc the other team has no tape on him bc there only allowed NFL tapes from the past few seasons.

# 50 bmj2k7 @ 08/10/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Catch rating is my guess. Stewart has a 70 catch rating, Williams has a 52 catch rating.
Which is ABSURD. Williams has been one of CAR best receivers since being drafted, and hes a RB.

# 51 Shiny Cony @ 08/10/12 10:41 PM
Most of the rating are incredibly high

# 52 DeuceDouglas @ 08/10/12 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Can anyone come up with a percentage of how many players are ranked in 90's 80's 70's etc. id do it but i cant pull up the rating at work.
90+ - 15 players (~7%)
80-89 - 28 players (~13%)
70-79 - 64 players (~29%)
60-69 - 91 players (~42%)
Below 60 - 17 players (~8%)

# 53 Chrisksaint @ 08/10/12 11:24 PM
Man is Sproles gonna be a beast to use

# 54 ConnSKINS26 @ 08/10/12 11:29 PM
Can't wait to trade for Pead and make him into the next Jamaal Charles. Love his potential. Or possibly Lamar Miller.

# 55 Aurabolt127 @ 08/10/12 11:58 PM
Everyone is way too high. I wish Madden tried harder to make the ratings for all players more realistic. It's not fun when everyone's in the 90s - even on ALL MADDEN. Guys in the 90s should be rare, like half dozen per position. Scores in the upper 90s should be reserved for those proven to be among the greatest of all time, or truly elite stats - like people running under a 4.3 40, setting a record for quarterback accuracy and interception percentage in a season, benching 700 pounds...etc. NCAA is too good anyway, it's passed Madden 2 years ago. I'll save my 60 bucks this year, thanks anyway.

# 56 Nza @ 08/11/12 12:00 AM
I believe CJ will still be very fast but 99 speed? I don't know if he is quite as fast as he was a few years ago.

# 57 Find_the_Door @ 08/11/12 12:32 AM
DeMarco is fine where he is...

however Felix Jones needs a big drop, he's not 96 speed fast since he's put on weight. I'd say 94 speed tops, heck Murray might even be faster at top speed but Felix gets to his top speed quicker.

The biggest glaring error I see with these two is how Murray's pass block is 60+ and Felix's is a 39?

Last year Murray struggled big time as a pass protector so much so that on third downs Felix got a lot of playing time. Felix was one of the best in the league last year as a pass blocker and this needs to be changed.

# 58 Dwaresacksqb @ 08/11/12 08:56 AM
Murray got screwed a little but whatever, I just can't wait to play!

# 59 cdk10 @ 08/11/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I believe CJ will still be very fast but 99 speed? I don't know if he is quite as fast as he was a few years ago.
Trust me he is, although with the poor run blocking last year and Palmer changing the run blocking scheme you wouldn't be able to tell. Holdout didn't help either.

# 60 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/11/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
90+ - 15 players (~7%)
80-89 - 28 players (~13%)
70-79 - 64 players (~29%)
60-69 - 91 players (~42%)
Below 60 - 17 players (~8%)
Percentage wise it looks good, but when you break it down and see that 43 HBs are 80+ overall... I don't like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.