Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The official Playstation Blogcast (roughly at the 18:18 point) announced the Madden NFL 13 demo arrives on Tuesday, August 14th for PS3 and Vita, which means 360 owners should see the demo that morning.

No details have been announced, but at least we know the release date.

Thanks to iloveparkmin for the earlier link.

UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo details

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

UPDATE #2: You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Quote:
The Madden NFL 13 demo offers two Play Now matchups. One features the Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants visiting the San Francisco 49ers in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship game. The other involves the Seattle Seahawks traveling to the Washington Redskins, who are of course led by rookie QB Robert Griffin III. And before you step onto the field for either of these matchups, you’ll get to check out the redesigned pregame presentation. That includes a broadcast TV-inspired segment that features some top players in the upcoming game you’re about to play, and is followed by Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth talking about the story of the game.

On the field, you have access to everything that’s new in Madden NFL 13. This includes Total Control Passing to accurately place the ball anywhere on the field as the QB; the Ball Hawk mechanic to aggressively play the ball in the air as a defender; play action abort to cancel out of a play action when sensing pressure as a QB; use of Kinect (Xbox 360 only) to control pre-play audibles and adjustments with your voice; and of course the Infinity Engine that brings physics you can feel on every play.

We also encourage you to use the Madden NFL 13 demo to create yourself with a Game Face for use in the full version of the game on August 28th. This year marks the first time you will be able to put yourself in the game as a player or coach using your Game Face before leading a virtual version of yourself to gridiron glory. Visit http://www.easports.com/gameface for details.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Nza @ 08/13/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Thanks for the responses. My son will be excited
Good fathering +1

# 122 ch46647 @ 08/13/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Can you start to download a demo and leave your Xbox on. Or does it stop downloading once it hibernates. If there is a way to do this please let me know. I have to bring my son to the hospital tomorrow morning and I wanted to have it ready to go for him when he gets home. Thanks
I hope everything is OK with your son.

# 123 SaintBrees @ 08/13/12 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Does anyone know the exact time of the demo for 360?
It should be at 5am est. Thats when the xbl updates its demos

# 124 Nza @ 08/13/12 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBrees
It should be at 5am est. Thats when the xbl updates its demos
What about PS3 - anyone know this?

# 125 Falconsfan21 @ 08/13/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
i want to know this too please.

# 126 bcruise @ 08/13/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Should be sometime in the afternoon. PSN has been updating earlier in recent weeks - it's been up as early as 1 or 2 PM Central in the last several. That's not to say it can't relapse and not be up until 5 or 6 (or later) though...

Edit: Last week was probably the earliest I've ever seen, going live at around 10:30 AM (according to comment timestamps on the store update blog post)! I just looked it up - had no idea it was that early! Actually that may be Pacific time.

# 127 Falconsfan21 @ 08/13/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Should be sometime in the afternoon. PSN has been updating earlier in recent weeks - it's been up as early as 1 or 2 PM Central in the last several. That's not to say it can't relapse and not be up until 5 or 6 (or later) though...

Edit: Last week was probably the earliest I've ever seen, going live at around 10:30 AM (according to comment timestamps on the store update blog post)! I just looked it up - had no idea it was that early!
i hope it comes at 10:30 lol if its later in the day ill wait.

# 128 nolesfan69 @ 08/13/12 07:16 PM
I just don't know how I am going to have time to play the demo do to Darksiders 2 coming out same day. But maybe I can play it Wed or Thursday. The only thing I care about is the physics engine and thats it.
So I hope it's simular to the only football game to date that had physics.

# 129 Armor and Sword @ 08/13/12 08:13 PM
I am looking forward to this tomorrow evening. I am hoping for some big gameplay improvements.

If NCAA 13 is any indication I will be happy. I love the new passing in NCAA 13 big time. It has made the game a total blast to play again.

Plus the new physics....really hoping to feel a big difference in tackling. That aspect must be improved for me to be happy as it killed M12 for me.

# 130 jmurphy31 @ 08/13/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I hope everything is OK with your son.
Thanks. He is going through leukemia treatment. Things are going ok. He's pretty young but he loves to pretend play and even sometimes play video games. Madden and Lego Batman are his favorites. It was one of few things he could do during some months. Tomorrow the doctor lets us know if we get to go to Disney World on Wednesday. I appreciate the kind thoughts

# 131 seasprite @ 08/13/12 08:19 PM
Quote:
Thanks. He is going through leukemia treatment. Things are going ok. He's pretty young but he loves to pretend play and even sometimes play video games. Madden and Lego Batman are his favorites. It was one of few things he could do during some months. Tomorrow the doctor lets us know if we get to go to Disney World on Wednesday. I appreciate the kind thoughts
Off topic, but prayers and thoughts to you and your son

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

# 132 jmurphy31 @ 08/13/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Off topic, but prayers and thoughts to you and your son

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for your thoughts. Sorry to derail the thread a little.

# 133 Cheetah Bird @ 08/13/12 08:48 PM
Anyone got a time for he release? Midnight tonight or just some random time tomorrow?

# 134 jmurphy31 @ 08/13/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My prayers to your son, you and your family, this post really puts trivial things like issues with Madden into perspective.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate. And you're right it does put things into perspective. I also appreciate this website alot more as well. Those long days and nights in the hospital went by easier reading some of these threads.

# 135 ch46647 @ 08/13/12 09:11 PM
Quote:
My prayers go out to your son and family. Hoping that you will be headed to sunny Orlando on Wednesday!! Let us know how it goes.

# 136 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/13/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Thanks a lot. I appreciate. And you're right it does put things into perspective. I also appreciate this website alot more as well. Those long days and nights in the hospital went by easier reading some of these threads.
As a Colts fan, my prayers go out to your son. I wish him the best.

# 137 jmurphy31 @ 08/13/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
My prayers go out to your son and family. Hoping that you will be headed to sunny Orlando on Wednesday!! Let us know how it goes.

Will do. I expect a ton of demo breakdowns while I am gone. It will keep me busy during nap times and at night.

# 138 roadman @ 08/13/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Will do. I expect a ton of demo breakdowns while I am gone. It will keep me busy during nap times and at night.
Prayers to you and your family.

Maybe a little side trip to Tibouron, let them know your from OS and looking for realism.lol

# 139 Skyboxer @ 08/13/12 10:35 PM
Quote:
All the best man. Thoughts and prayers!

# 140 gtyjrocks @ 08/13/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Prayers and thoughts to you and your son. How old is he? I hope you get go to Disney.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.