Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 seasprite @ 08/14/12 08:02 AM
Noticed that I was being doubled teamed while user controlling Canty on the DL. It only happend a couple of times, but I was definitely being blocked by the center and the RG.

# 62 seasprite @ 08/14/12 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Oh wow. Anyone that knows how to run the read option even remotely well is going to have a field day with defenses. Especially with RG3? Let me say this. I ran the same Read Option 5 times in a row and got a 15+ yard gain every time.
What difficulty are you running on?

# 63 Gosens6 @ 08/14/12 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
I dont like that. If you talk SIM than know about real football. When there is a full on BLITZ there can be 3 LBS at the line so why would I not have the option to do that anymore?

Then if the designated play you select calls for a full on blitz, the correct amount of players should already be at the line without you having to manually do it.

# 64 Tyler_Bullard @ 08/14/12 08:03 AM
I've been sacked by Tuck 3 times and JPP once this game.

# 65 Find_the_Door @ 08/14/12 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
That's what the "Show Blitz" is for....
Beat me to it.

# 66 Mcees4life @ 08/14/12 08:08 AM
The demo is great. Definitely has the potential to be the best Madden in years if the demo is any indication of the final product. The gang tackling and the tackle pile-ups really shows off the physics engine. The AI on all-pro is pretty tough, they get a good pass rush and their pass coverage is kind of stifling. The commentary and sound is definitely the best in years. It really sounds like a actual tv broadcast. All in all the demo is great

# 67 TexasFan2005 @ 08/14/12 08:08 AM
As far as Presentation goes, aside from the initial commentary from the booth and QB presentations, it's absolutely terrible in the demo. Replays just don't make sense. I can't believe they are still so dumbfounded as to whether to make their NFL football game closer to real life broadcasts or some odd, bizarre television world that shows replays from the worst angles possible.

# 68 orion523 @ 08/14/12 08:08 AM
I'm going to find it hard to go back to NCAA after this, the differences between the two games ares like night and day, finally a Madden I can actually enjoy.

# 69 steve115658 @ 08/14/12 08:09 AM
My impressions after about 2 games. The passing game is going to take some getting used to for players who used a vertical passing game. The pressure sensitivity is causing my passes to be too flat and my recievers wont go for the ball sometimes (this is my fault, im just not doing it right yet) my one issue with the new passing is I have not been able to throw recievers open on the back side so far. Despite me holding the analog stick all the way left on a reciever running rightit is still slightly leading him when I want the ball behind him. Again this could be me still getting used to the controls.
The new physics have been good 80 percent of the time but i have had a few times where Frank Gore gets hit in the leg and kind of flails backwards awkwardly.
I Really dont like that the players will move back to their original position, I understand taking away Nano's but sometimes I jus want a player to start a play at a different angle. I believe that if you move a player and re hot route him he will stay there. I'm very tired tho so i may have imagined that.
The zone defense is much better, The 49ers were running a cover 3 and I could clearly see the shell of the defense develop correctly so that was a nice improvement.
4 verticals is still way too good. Most defenses are leading to the #1 wide reciever being wide open, and now with the ability to throw towards the outside shoulder that is going to be tough to defend.
I supersimmed two full games and my defense was TERRIBLE against the run. That was somewhat of an issue last year, its a small sample size but the Giants shouldnt give up 35 points to the 49ers in back to back supersim's.
Players seem to be playing to there ratings quite well. Antrell Rolle CAN NOT cover Vernon Davis which is good to see. Phillips did a much better job so matchups are looking good.
My Running game has been horrendous.. But I have only used the Giants against the 9ers.. So I shouldnt be able to run haha.
Overall so far im impressed, i hope they cleaned up the physics a little but overall very happy

# 70 Bootzilla @ 08/14/12 08:15 AM
One game. All Pro. No sliders.

Passing is a little easy. Me 14-16 198 with Alex Smith. If you've played NCAA it's the same.

Running feels better. Blocking is definitely better than NCAA. May bump it up to All-Madden to double check since I play NCAA on Heisman.

There is momentum. Jukes are more effective. If the cpu is moving one way you can cut against their momentum. No warp tackles.

Tackles are WAY less dramatic and over the top than NCAA. Which is a really good thing.

Infinity is NOT super noticeable. It's subtle and a good thing no doubt. But, not all mind blowing as was stated by some of the Game Changers. A few wonky body contortions but nothing really weird.

Giants only ran 4 times. Eli was terrible. 9-18 76. Threw 3 picks. Deep balls into double coverage.

Not a single penalty called.

Forgot about the Strategy Pad. Couldn't figure out pre-play adjustments to save my life. Eventually figured it out somewhat.

Nance and Simms are good.

Game looks good. But, not a huge differentiation from NCAA.

Cpu offense runs the hurry up at hyper speed.

# 71 dubbville @ 08/14/12 08:15 AM
I played on all madden two games. One as the 49ERS and one as the REDSKINS. I LOST BOTH. I played a lot of 2 man under out of the nickel formation and used a lot of 3-4 sting pinch man blitzes when the cpu was coming out in a 2 wr set.

It was hard tackling on all madden and the hit stick didn't work for my 90 HP SS. I'm gonna play it on the next difficulty down in a little while and give my impression on that difficulty mode.

The game was pretty good. I had no user pics and was in position a couple times. I turned auto strafe off and lined up for the int and pressed Y but I didn't get the pic. Could be because I was out of position or ALL MADDEN.

I DO NOT like the menu that comes up on the bottom right when I'm strafing pre play. DO NOT!

I liked sharing my game on twitter. I thought that was very cool. Play action was not working for me but that could have been many factors. I was just trying out a lot of different plays so I didn't get the time to diagnose everything.

I passed out of shotgun 95% of the time and didn't have a lot of success. Could be because I'm not used to the game yet and wasn't paying attention all to well, or ALL MADDEN is that tuff. I don't know yet.

Curls worked pretty effectively. I only ran a couple draws out of shotgun but I got stuffed.

I'm eager to play this on a lower level now that I see what ALL MADDEN is like.

I LOVE the madden 10 controls and set them after the first play. I HATE the strategy pad.

I thought that the new animations were pretty sweet and like that real time physics is now in the game. It's about time. Didn't get a chance to see a bunch of new catch animations but I only played two games. I'll report more later.

The Game seems pretty sweet and I will be getting it the week it comes out.

# 72 Rawdeal28 @ 08/14/12 08:16 AM
just finished my first game....

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the improved crowd noise. finally u feel like your in a real stadium. this was one of the main reasons why i play NCAA 13. im really not into college but ncaa does a real good job of making the stadium feel alive.

gameplay feels real good. loving it so far. i feel like i have good control over my player on defense and d-line moves feel responsive. jukes actually feel useful. i played with the Niners on all-pro. Victor Cruz was eating me alive for most of the game. then i made an adjustment and put more pressure on him and i was able to calm him down.

the passing feels good just like NCAA. although i couldnt sling the ball the way i wanted to because Alex Smith doesnt have the arm for that which is true to life. i feel sorry for 49er fans. lol

the Infinity engine is real subtle but i really like it. it really does make the game feel more organic. it really makes the game look and feel more life like and real. it makes the players moves look more realistic. i have already seen some nice tackles.

loving the presentation. i also really like the commentary. it flows really well and sounds pretty smooth for the most part.

overall im really loving the game, plus i won in overtime 13-10.

NCAA 13 is is big trouble. i dont know if im ever gonna touch that game once madden comes out. this game feels and sounds like football!

im loving it!

# 73 reth316 @ 08/14/12 08:18 AM
ok i am really impressed so far. commentary is great. new physics engine seems sweet. seen some awesome animations including one where d hall was being blocked but slung his arm out bsckwards to grab the reciever. was wicked. no more fixing on one player till its too late.

my only worry is the lighting at midfield seems too dark. with skins i cant even make out the colour of their jerseys. seems like stadium shadow but well overdone imo.

# 74 justcallmedaddy @ 08/14/12 08:24 AM
I'm liking the demo so far, gameplay was too fast for me so I turned it down to slow and it's been mostly good so far. Loving the infinity engine, makes it more realistic though it's obviously not at the point I know this EA team will get it to.

I only have 3 what I consider "serious" things I'd liked to be fixed that I have seen so far, mind you I have only played 2 games but this is what I have so far:

1. The Infinity Engine, though I know is not finished is still a liability after the play, watching Eli Manning tripping over his own offensive linemen and players hopping up like a bullet knocking people over like bowling pins. But I cannot wait to see what they can do with this engine in future maddens, and I know it looks bright (the future).

2. "Option" routes for the receivers seem to be just random or just completely wrong for me, my TE on a hook/out option route will choose the complete wrong option, if there's a man shading on the inside hips he chooses the hook route, if the defender is on the outside hips he chooses the out route, and even when he'd be wide open in certain zones if he did a hook route, he still chooses the out route. I like running option routes and I think it makes the game more realistic and I wish more routes were option routes or branched depending on what the receiver sees and makes the QB position harder for us and more challending. But that's beside the point, I just really hope this gets resolved.

3. OL play: I know I've heard Madden 14 is when they are focusing on the OL, but I still feel this is a needed discussion and is a serious part of the game. If the defenders send 3 rushers and I have 6 people blocking (5 OL 1 TE) the lineman that do not have a man to block, just stand there watching the other OL get beat and thus I get sacked. I believe the recognition system of the OL really needs to be looked at and until then it will be easy for people online just to send 3 if 1 of them is elite like Justin Tuck because he'll get by the 1 offensive lineman guarding him and sack me because the other offensive linemen just sit there.

The other thing about the offensive line probably goes in with the infinity engine, but is mainly with the OL. I'm the Seahawks facing the Redskins and after Matt Flynn drops back I see the Tackles pushing the DE's to the outside, so naturally I step up in the pocket and I'm ready to throw a comeback route but as I'm about to throw, the right guard bumps into me ever so slightly, and KNOCKS Matt Flynn 4-5 yards back right into the DE and I'm sacked for a big loss. This would be pretty realistic if I were running full speed with Flynn and the guard is being pushed back, but the fact that I was just stepping up and the Guard wasn't even being pushed back he was just engaged in a regular block and actually blocking well. I've had this happen a couple of times and is just completely unrealistic and just negatively impacts me for no reason.

But those are my opinions, and obviously everyone has their own. But even though I have stated a lot of the bad, There have been much more good things that have come out of Madden 13 that I know the people at EA are proud.

# 75 Goffs @ 08/14/12 08:24 AM
What I liked
  • Presentation
  • Tackles
  • Lighting

Tackling can be a hit or miss and there are some weird things happening with the physics though I love that they added it this year.

What I was disappointed was a lack of sound option....the crowd reacted to whats going on to the field but the volume is to low for my liking....

To having a ruckus crowd adds to the immersion and if they're barely audible it's kind of a waste having only smart crowd reaction...Live 10 still does this right...

Still unsure at the moment if it's a purchase for me as the sound portion of the game really turned me off....

# 76 callmetaternuts @ 08/14/12 08:24 AM
With the infinity engine, if a player you are controlling is stumbling, can you balance him out by using the left stick? Or does it just play out? I'd woner if you are falling forward if pulling back (pressing down) on the L stick would help him stand up.

# 77 RubenDouglas @ 08/14/12 08:24 AM
Haven't played a madden game in quite some time. I am having some challenges visually. The shadows on the players is quite extreme. I can barely tell who is and who isn't on my team... Is this normal?

# 78 reth316 @ 08/14/12 08:27 AM
what are peoples thoughts on the lighting. it looks great at the redzones but at midfield seems too dark to me. shadow wise i mean.

# 79 seasprite @ 08/14/12 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
what are peoples thoughts on the lighting. it looks great at the redzones but at midfield seems too dark to me. shadow wise i mean.
Looks dark to me......at FedEx anyway. Didnt notice it to be that way at Candlestick

# 80 shavane @ 08/14/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLaguna
I dunno, maybe its the fact that I recently have been playing All Pro Football 2K8 with the new NFL13 rosters, but I just had a lack of excitement for M13 after downloading it and playing 1 full half this morning.

The animations and all around controls and movements just seem so cartoony by comparison. For example, the CPU RBs have this propensity to run in a hunchback zig zag manner thru the holes and it just doesnt look or feel authentic. Yes the physics engine adds a bit...a bit of variety to the outcomes but by and large it also adds (as others have said) a very wonky robotic look and feel to some of the movements and collisions. Also, the sense of weight and momentum seems a bit light and airy as opposed to being solid like you would expect for a 240lb RB hitting a 275lb Linemen.

Its got alot of the same Madden that you either loved or hated over the years still in its engine and the physics and passing improvements dont stand out enough imho to elevate this game past some of the previous versions. Who knows It may get better, the more I play it...but at this point it feels marginal. I actually still prefer the more grounded solid feel of Madden 10 if I had to play a Madden game. Maybe this will change after a few more games (hopefully)

I personally still feel it is not nearly as deep and as advanced a football engine as AP2K8 is....And certainly doesnt feel as dynamic that anything can happen on the field.

Thoughts?..Am I nuts?
You will never find peace until you put the demons of 2k to rest. For too many moons I held onto the thought that maybe one day 2k would produce another football game, and I held so much hate and contempt in my heart for Madden that it ruined one of my favorite pass times...playing football video games.

It was only after I realized that 2k wasn't making any games any time soon was I able to pick up a Madden game. Now I actually enjoy Madden simply for what it is. I do want it to get better and one day challenge a game from 8 years ago on a ps2 but if it doesn't happen oh well. 2k did so many things that were better than Madden that if you constantly compare the two you will simply never enjoy Madden. I have to have football video games in my life so I put 2k to rest...lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.