Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RGiles36 @ 08/14/12 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Anyone figured out how to hot route?
Try turning on your strat pad links. That should enable you to hot route more along the lines of what you're used to.

# 82 RGiles36 @ 08/14/12 08:37 AM
Only played about 10 minutes, so no use really putting together any thought out impressions. But two things jump out:

The signature throwing animations still only appear to work a fraction of the time. I played as Eli Manning and I passed every play just to get it to work; I only saw his animation once. I don't have high hopes that it's fixed in the retail either. I wonder if Chooe is right in that the 25 trajectories broke the signature animations, and thus they now only fire on certain throws.

The other thing is game speed. They had normal speed just about right in June. Get the demo in my hands this morning, and they elected to once again make normal speed twitch speed. In June, my feeling is that more people would play on normal or even bump it up to fast. Now, not so much. I think slow is again where people will fall.

# 83 seasprite @ 08/14/12 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
. I think slow is again where people will fall.
I agree, it plays much better on slow than it does on default....imo

# 84 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/14/12 08:38 AM
I played one game of the demo and I came away very impressed... And that saying a lot for me coming from a Madden title... Just everything from game play, graphics and presentation... This looks like to be finally the year of Madden as a whole complete package... All I can say I can't wait and I'm impressed...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

# 85 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/12 08:40 AM
First game on All Star

Won 6-3

Man I really wish they'd get rid of that quick shed and tackle by DEs in the running game....but I guess that's just Madden...

Saw shades of Robo QB by Flynn, but defense has definitely improved...defenders are in much better positions now..

# 86 BezO @ 08/14/12 08:41 AM
I was hoping to be surprised by some positive impressions of line play / blocking interaction. Everything else sounds like what I expected.

Anyone care to share an indepth review of the blocking interaction on runs & passes?

# 87 jg8809 @ 08/14/12 08:41 AM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but...

Is the demo available in the UK today? More specifically on PS3. I am desperate to get my hands on this after work and will be gutted if I am stuck playing NBA 2k12 while you guys get to Madden it up.

# 88 Goins @ 08/14/12 08:41 AM
Man i am really enjoying running the ball.So much smoother then in NCAA13 i can actually make cuts and you can see the difference between acceleration in RBs.Plus there run animations don't look stiff and awkward.I haven't had this much fun in any of the madden demos ever.

# 89 maggett @ 08/14/12 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I was hoping to be surprised by some positive impressions of line play / blocking interaction. Everything else sounds like what I expected.

Anyone care to share an indepth review of the blocking interaction on runs & passes?
its pretty much the same but u dont get pancaked each play now

run blocking seems to have a few more animations

# 90 DBMcGee3 @ 08/14/12 08:42 AM
I saw some gameplay clips on the EA website, and it looked to me like the actual running motion of the players was very robotic and unrealistic. Anyone notice that or did they clean it up for the release?

# 91 seasprite @ 08/14/12 08:43 AM
Quote:
Had limited time with the demo this morning before work, but like I said earlier, I was double teamed a couple of times in pass situations and run situations when I was user controlling DT Canty. Outside of that, I didnt notice anything good or bad, but I didnt play enough to dissect it.

# 92 reth316 @ 08/14/12 08:49 AM
slight fix on lighting needed probably only at certain stadiums and replays need sorting. why cant they just show a replay of the play. we get stupid shot of qb standing there watching then it goes to the player on the ball. doesnt look good imo.

# 93 Flightwhite24 @ 08/14/12 08:49 AM
Only took 1 qtr for me to see that NCAA 13 got screwed. Lol

And to think this is what Madden 06 should have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 94 iamgramps @ 08/14/12 08:53 AM
I like the demo thus far. The defence plays better, especially user catching on D. The Seattle uniforms were a little dark, but besides that I'm good with the way it looks, feels and plays.

# 95 badluck22 @ 08/14/12 08:53 AM
small but nice to see...er i mean hear

jim nantz mid play said "hold on a minute it looks like someone is injured down there"

# 96 brandon27 @ 08/14/12 08:54 AM
I got in about a half this morning before I had to head to work. Was surprised the almost 2gb download only took a hour for me.

Must say, I really like the addition of the infinity engine from the little bit I saw. I was able to break through some tackles and keep going with Gore. It was nice to feel like you still had some control of the player after initially getting hit, rather than loosing all control and going into a canned animation.

Passing to me, is like NCAA13 of course, that is a good thing IMO.

Visually, I think it blows NCAA out of the water as well. Everything looks much more crisp, and smooth. From the jerseys, to the helmets, and stadiums. Biggest improvement though is the grass. In NCAA it looks horrible, it looks great in Madden. Don't know why there's such a difference.

Commentary is great too from the bit I've heard. Much better than Collinsworth and Gus from previous years. Makes it feel like a brand new game.

Can't wait to get home and try it out some more. To me, initially it seemed like NCAA, but much better thanks to Infinity and visuals.

# 97 Skyboxer @ 08/14/12 08:56 AM
I could have swore I have seen a double team block.. may have been a fluke. Hope it was on the part I captured to check.

# 98 Tyler_Bullard @ 08/14/12 08:58 AM
I'm loving it. NCAA will be traded in soon.

# 99 davidsaurus @ 08/14/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8809
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but...

Is the demo available in the UK today? More specifically on PS3. I am desperate to get my hands on this after work and will be gutted if I am stuck playing NBA 2k12 while you guys get to Madden it up.
I think it should be available later today.. hopefully. I'm in the same boat, UK and PS3. (Vita too!)

# 100 ch46647 @ 08/14/12 09:00 AM
Quote:

Bezo, I have played about 4 games of the demo so far. As far as overall gameplay it is very smooth and overall a much better game of football then we have had in the last few years in Madden. This is the first year that I legitimately think there is a VERY good foundation to build off.

With that said I know you are a huge advocate for O-Line and D-Line play. This is an area of the game that I think you will have to wait until next year to really be impressed. I actually think the run blocking is pretty solid this year. It feels much better then last year and in NCAA 13 IMO. However, the pass blocking is still same old, same old. As well as the D-line play and animations. I believe EA is going to overhaul the OL/DL play next year similar to the way they did with the passing game and catching animations this year. I expect a complete re-write of the logic as well as adding 400+ new animations to both the OL AND DL. The re-write this year to the passing game is a huge success IMO. The pass trajectories are much better then M12 and more importantly the catch AND swat animations really make everything play out much better. I also havent seen any psychic DB's or superhuman LB's in my first few games with the demo.

Overall, I am actually really enjoying the demo this year. I absolutely hated Madden 12 but this really does feel like a different experience in many areas. One being the commentary which is literally light years better then last year. This game feels very much like Madden 05 as far as gameplay goes. That is a good thing IMO because Madden 05 was a very smooth playing game experience. I think most of the complaints coming for Madden this year is going to be two areas. They are two very important areas as well. That is OL/DL play and overall locomotion and running animations. Most other parts of Madden are finally starting to really come together in M13. I cant speak on the AI much yet but it seems a lot sharper then the past. The graphics really pop with the new lighting and grass textures. (Lighting in Candlestick looks a lot better the FedEx in the demo for some reason?) The audio has taken huge strides as well with the fresh commentary and field sounds. I would still like to hear improvement in crowd audio but it is a lot better then last year.

These are just my initial first impressions of the demo this year. For someone who would have rated Madden 12 a 4/10 at best this feels like a much better experience. I would give it a solid 8/10 so far and that is a pretty big jump from M12 IMO. Hope that helps a lot of you out...

EDIT- One big complaint in NCAA was straff not working and buttons not triggering when trying to swat and catch. This is absolutely not an issue at all in the M13 demo. The buttons are very responsive and there are a TON of catch and swat animations that play out very well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.