Home
NHL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the True Performance Skating tutorial to get ready for the NHL 13 demo, which arrives on August 21st. It's probably fair to say this is what they were referring to when they mentioned "Free Skate", not to be confused with the 1 on 1 vs. the goalie, as seen in the FIFA series.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bwiggy33 @ 08/17/12 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm not a troll...far from it. I give a LOT back to this community, and to this title (slider sets). I understand that EA is trying to show off their new component to this game, but come on, that magnetized puck is a bit comical.

What I would have LIKED EA to shows us is a guy with LOW puck handling ability, stating, "And let us show you what happens when a player with lesser puck handling skills will do in this same scenario."
MK you are fine sir. Hell don't even worry about what some people say. People who follow these forums (not just NHL) will know you are not a troll in any way. Hell I have no affiliation with MLB 2k anymore now that I got a PS3 just for The Show, but what you do with MLB 2k seems to make the game that much better. I'm also using your NCAA sliders.

Anyhow just as you I am thinking the same thing about NHL. However, after watching some of that 8 min gameplay clip you can't really tell it's going on during gameplay. During the video it looks pretty ridiculous though. Just as you said though, I wish they would show a 4th line guy handling the puck to see if he ever loses it while stick handling or trying to skate full speed. That's going to make the difference in this game. If 3rd and 4th liners can still dangle with the best of them then these new player ratings probably won't make a difference unless it has to do with speed.

# 42 mkharsh33 @ 08/17/12 10:20 AM
There's a workaround on this (to some degree). They don't have to pick on a guy by name. That probably wouldn't be cool to say "This guy (insert name) really sucks handling the puck..."

But just use some generic created-player to show how this feature will work both ways. I'm not being overly critical, as I appreciate what EA is trying to do with this year's title. But they have to know that one of the issues / complaints is the lack of player separation. Just show us this, and watch yet another area of concern wash away...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.