Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow for PS3 and 360. Check out the details below.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
  • Fixed HB stretch play issue where TE’s would be frozen in place during certain blocking animations.
  • Fixed an issue where if a defender made an interception in the end zone and fumbled the ball before his feet touched the ground, it was being counted as a fumble and not an incomplete pass.
  • Resolved an alignment issue where DB on HB would pick up FB instead of HB when HB was put in motion
  • Removed exploit that allowed users to create slant routes to the sideline by motioning a WR and flipping the play.
  • QB Rushing up the middle from under center effectiveness has been balanced.
  • FG holders are no longer downed by contact.
  • Increased frequency of AI using ball carrier special moves.
  • AI play call tuning: No 4th and long run calls; less draws and screens.
  • Ball Hawk feature implemented for user pass defense.
  • Fixed frozen players after celebration dives.
  • Fixed wildcat Play Action exploit.
  • Fixed Defenders not reacting to the QB on read option and option plays when the users defensive adjustment vs. option is set to Aggressive.
  • Fixed shake blitz exploit.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed kicking team to recover squib kicks using low rated kickers.
  • Fixed defensive hot routes after offensive play flip.
  • Fixed issue where waiting for the defense to make their adjustments before picking a play when running ho huddle/hurry up offense caused the defense to reset their play back to the original play.
  • Fixed ‘Jump the Snap’ blitz exploit.
  • Resolved issue where defenders would not react or would be stuck in read and react behavior vs. the option.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
  • Fixed an issue where walk-on players were not appearing on the Online Dynasty Web Site.
  • You will now get your points back if a recruit instantly commits during a phone call.
  • Fixed an issue where swayed pitches and grades weren’t being displayed correctly.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, you will see a "Uniform Store" added to the menu. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available. The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month.

Source - Upcoming NCAA Football 13 Title Update Details

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nolesfan69 @ 08/14/12 07:30 PM
I know the update is going to drop by months end. Not mid month.

# 42 nolesfan69 @ 08/14/12 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
I know the update is going to drop by months end. Not mid month.
OMG I think next time I should read a little futher in this post. My bad guys.

# 43 PAPERNUT @ 08/14/12 07:42 PM
Please let this only improve things and not break others.

# 44 orion523 @ 08/14/12 08:16 PM
Pretty happy with the extensive list of fixes, maybe EA are finally starting to "get it." Or....maybe not. Either way they get a thumbs up by me for this one.

# 45 UDM2004 @ 08/14/12 08:35 PM
With patch #2 coming out tomorrow will we need to restart our dynasty's?

# 46 BenGerman @ 08/14/12 08:55 PM
The best news here? Zone defense is being fixed and the CPU screen issue is going to be toned down (I'd venture a guess and say that, assuming there is a patch #3, the screen play issue will be a major focus).

Terrific job by EA. Its nice to know they're listening.

# 47 Bulldawgfan00 @ 08/14/12 10:24 PM
Anyone know if itll be at midnight or bout what time the update will drop?

# 48 BA2929 @ 08/14/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
With patch #2 coming out tomorrow will we need to restart our dynasty's?
Hopefully not. In the past we haven't had to restart our Dynasties, except for last year if we wanted to correct the tendencies bug. Other than that though, I don't believe we've had to restart due to a patch.

# 49 fancyketchup @ 08/14/12 10:41 PM
Dang I wish they fixed the bug where some teams only play 11 games in a season.

# 50 canes2008 @ 08/14/12 10:48 PM
When will the update to fix the freezing issue in dynasty mode be released or did I miss something in the list of fixes?

# 51 DrPhibes @ 08/14/12 10:51 PM
So will there actually be uniforms ready to download in the Uniform Store when the patch is released?

# 52 BadAssHskr @ 08/14/12 11:05 PM
Funny how many concerns about uniforms instead of actual game play enhancements.

# 53 blkrptnt819 @ 08/14/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes2008
When will the update to fix the freezing issue in dynasty mode be released or did I miss something in the list of fixes?
That was in the first patch I believe. Fixed my issues.

# 54 BFig @ 08/14/12 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
So will there actually be uniforms ready to download in the Uniform Store when the patch is released?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1981
The article says that the menu will be up tomorrow. The uniforms will be available beginning in September.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone
I actually think there will be uniforms in the store, because it says in the article "The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month." and the article was wrote on July 19th

# 55 jamie1981 @ 08/14/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
I actually think there will be uniforms in the store, because it says in the article "The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month." and the article was wrote on July 19th
Yeah I corrected myself in a later post.

# 56 BFig @ 08/14/12 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1981
Yeah I corrected myself in a later post.

Oh my bad, i didn't see haha

# 57 KG @ 08/14/12 11:16 PM
I'm so happy to hear about them tuning down screen calls. It seemed like when the cpu called one they just couln't help themselves from calling it over and over again.

# 58 gopher_guy @ 08/14/12 11:20 PM
I really hope they don't go overboard with the DBs. It's too easy to complete deep passes right now, but I hope they don't make it impossible.

That was a problem that plagued Madden for me (I stopped playing Madden in '09). I could never complete a go route, it was frustrating. Hopefully they found a nice balance where speedy receivers can still get behind the defense and score some long TDs.

# 59 K0ZZ @ 08/14/12 11:20 PM
First off the list looks great, the screen issue was huge, it really ruined games for me because it really isn't hard to beat the blocking and either intercept the pass on the screen or sack the quarterback, at least with less calls I can go back to calling a normal game.

Second, I'm curious if they will have the 'corrected' jerseys in the uniform store already, or if like someone said, we need to wait a few more weeks (by no means makes the update a failure by the way, just would be a little weird seeing an empty store)

Third, it won't require a restart, EA made it clear last year with the player tendency issue that dynasties would have to be restarted, so it's unlikely you would need to restart, one thing EA has been consistently capable of doing is not breaking dynasty saves from patch to patch.

Great job EA! A lot of great fixes on the list.

# 60 The_Rick_14 @ 08/14/12 11:47 PM
Hopefully NC State's home unis are fixed and in the Uniform store. I just signed a one year deal there in my dynasty and was going to just wear the white jerseys all year.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.