Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow for PS3 and 360. Check out the details below.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
  • Fixed HB stretch play issue where TE’s would be frozen in place during certain blocking animations.
  • Fixed an issue where if a defender made an interception in the end zone and fumbled the ball before his feet touched the ground, it was being counted as a fumble and not an incomplete pass.
  • Resolved an alignment issue where DB on HB would pick up FB instead of HB when HB was put in motion
  • Removed exploit that allowed users to create slant routes to the sideline by motioning a WR and flipping the play.
  • QB Rushing up the middle from under center effectiveness has been balanced.
  • FG holders are no longer downed by contact.
  • Increased frequency of AI using ball carrier special moves.
  • AI play call tuning: No 4th and long run calls; less draws and screens.
  • Ball Hawk feature implemented for user pass defense.
  • Fixed frozen players after celebration dives.
  • Fixed wildcat Play Action exploit.
  • Fixed Defenders not reacting to the QB on read option and option plays when the users defensive adjustment vs. option is set to Aggressive.
  • Fixed shake blitz exploit.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed kicking team to recover squib kicks using low rated kickers.
  • Fixed defensive hot routes after offensive play flip.
  • Fixed issue where waiting for the defense to make their adjustments before picking a play when running ho huddle/hurry up offense caused the defense to reset their play back to the original play.
  • Fixed ‘Jump the Snap’ blitz exploit.
  • Resolved issue where defenders would not react or would be stuck in read and react behavior vs. the option.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
  • Fixed an issue where walk-on players were not appearing on the Online Dynasty Web Site.
  • You will now get your points back if a recruit instantly commits during a phone call.
  • Fixed an issue where swayed pitches and grades weren’t being displayed correctly.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, you will see a "Uniform Store" added to the menu. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available. The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month.

Source - Upcoming NCAA Football 13 Title Update Details

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 THE YAMA @ 08/14/12 11:56 PM
Pretty excited for this. This is what I've been waiting for to start my dynasty. The duplicating promises were KILLING my coach integrity.

# 62 Matt10 @ 08/14/12 11:58 PM
If everything goes in as they said it will, this will be one of the BEST nex-gen versions in the NCAA series to date. Looking forward to it.

# 63 DorianDonP @ 08/15/12 12:13 AM
Was hoping they tuned the amount of upsets happening in Dynasty but oh well. Looks like a good list of fixes.

# 64 The ArkanSaw @ 08/15/12 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Was hoping they tuned the amount of upsets happening in Dynasty but oh well. Looks like a good list of fixes.
Haha Army winning the national championship. At least the gameplay will make dynasty feel more authentic and as for the upsets i just think EA went overboard with implementing the "OH S***" factor when a studio update comes on and you see Bowling Green beating Alabama.

So next patch EA, please remove upsets that should only happen once every 100 years...

# 65 K0ZZ @ 08/15/12 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE YAMA
Pretty excited for this. This is what I've been waiting for to start my dynasty. The duplicating promises were KILLING my coach integrity.
I'm kind of curious, what do they mean about duplicating promises?

Do they mean the promise was generating points on a weekly basis, that one promise turned into 3/4 without the above effect and the failure of them would kill you or just another thing I haven't thought of?

# 66 K0ZZ @ 08/15/12 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm hoping that can be fixed in a tuner, which is possible.

# 67 Yung Legend @ 08/15/12 12:54 AM
WHOA CALM DOWN GUYS! Let's remember this is EA we're talking about here, now. Just like last year they promised all these fixes and what did they do? They made the game worse.

# 68 ItsOrangeBaby @ 08/15/12 01:13 AM
I guess they still have the issue in Dynasty where no DT get drafted. I guess when it come to the gameplay they were claim to fix a few issue, but I guess we need to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

# 69 K0ZZ @ 08/15/12 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Legend
WHOA CALM DOWN GUYS! Let's remember this is EA we're talking about here, now. Just like last year they promised all these fixes and what did they do? They made the game worse.
There was several much worse bugs than what the game has now, a year ago. This was an extremely stable release especially considering last years debacle, the list of fixes are promising, nothing wrong with being an optimist, too much pessimism as it is.

# 70 pj_28 @ 08/15/12 02:09 AM
Happy that the patch is coming out, I honestly have not played in over a week because I was so sick of the issues. I hope that the patch makes the game enjoyable for me again, the DB actually moving and attacking when option is run is a huge thing for me.

# 71 TarHeelPhenom @ 08/15/12 02:16 AM
•Resolved issue where defenders would not react or would be stuck in read and react behavior vs. the option.

This is huge right here!!!

I PRAY EARNESTLY that this patch works right and doesn't mess up anything else...because if so they shouldn't have to drop anymore patches and we should be set on both the pro and college level for the next year or so.

# 72 fjackson18 @ 08/15/12 02:48 AM
I was prompted to DL the up date already Aug 14th 11:45 PST.

The uniform store is under the team management part. but it says its unavailable, i thought my gold membership ran out cause i got disconnected toward the end of my game.

# 73 Aruthless @ 08/15/12 02:49 AM
I just downloaded it too

# 74 smoove7 @ 08/15/12 03:00 AM
Well I am up late, post some impressions if you get time and it is not too late.

# 75 Sanchez_Mareno @ 08/15/12 03:02 AM
Do these affect/effect (idk) dynasties in progress?

# 76 fjackson18 @ 08/15/12 03:05 AM
The updates usually do not require a restart of current dynasties. i am about to play. i will post anything i notice when/if i see them

# 77 NoLittleBabies @ 08/15/12 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
Also reading the comments on Facebook over the announcement it really stings to me the bulk of people who buy this game, the casuals, not the hardcore sim players.

Guys complaining about Studio Updates, not enough interceptions on defense, "When is the roster update", etc, etc.
"I am dissapointed in this game! If u wanna make it real u need to have realistic stuff . Like where is the chain gang? When need them they give 1st downs in this came when really they are a inch short. Same apperal as last year -_- cmon really like wheres eye black? Wheres the mouth pieces? like the pacifier the most common one Where is the Adidas visors? Why are there only two gloves? Under armour should have a set of gloves to choose from ******* Adidas. Same with cleats nobody wear low socks!" -iballhard10

# 78 fjackson18 @ 08/15/12 03:18 AM
The CPU D sticks to their zones. they don't change their minds anymore and run off.

# 79 K0ZZ @ 08/15/12 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Do these affect/effect (idk) dynasties in progress?
They will work on dynasties in progress, no restarts should be required.

# 80 BA2929 @ 08/15/12 03:32 AM
Patch is live. Just downloaded it.

Edit: XBOX 360

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.