Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 Title Update #2 is available now for 360 and PS3.

As posted yesterday, below are the list of fixes.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
  • Fixed HB stretch play issue where TE’s would be frozen in place during certain blocking animations.
  • Fixed an issue where if a defender made an interception in the end zone and fumbled the ball before his feet touched the ground, it was being counted as a fumble and not an incomplete pass.
  • Resolved an alignment issue where DB on HB would pick up FB instead of HB when HB was put in motion
  • Removed exploit that allowed users to create slant routes to the sideline by motioning a WR and flipping the play.
  • QB Rushing up the middle from under center effectiveness has been balanced.
  • FG holders are no longer downed by contact.
  • Increased frequency of AI using ball carrier special moves.
  • AI play call tuning: No 4th and long run calls; less draws and screens.
  • Ball Hawk feature implemented for user pass defense.
  • Fixed frozen players after celebration dives.
  • Fixed wildcat Play Action exploit.
  • Fixed Defenders not reacting to the QB on read option and option plays when the users defensive adjustment vs. option is set to Aggressive.
  • Fixed shake blitz exploit.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed kicking team to recover squib kicks using low rated kickers.
  • Fixed defensive hot routes after offensive play flip.
  • Fixed issue where waiting for the defense to make their adjustments before picking a play when running ho huddle/hurry up offense caused the defense to reset their play back to the original play.
  • Fixed ‘Jump the Snap’ blitz exploit.
  • Resolved issue where defenders would not react or would be stuck in read and react behavior vs. the option.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
  • Fixed an issue where walk-on players were not appearing on the Online Dynasty Web Site.
  • You will now get your points back if a recruit instantly commits during a phone call.
  • Fixed an issue where swayed pitches and grades weren’t being displayed correctly.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, you will see a "Uniform Store" added to the menu. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available. The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/15/12 03:06 AM
Confirmed. Just downloaded it.

# 2 bccards13 @ 08/15/12 08:22 AM
Just going to throw out there that the PS3 patch is up.

# 3 boomersooner31 @ 08/15/12 09:11 AM
That's absurd they don't have the new uniforms in with the store. Doesn't have to be a lot but the base uniforms like Mizzou and Rutgers (to name a couple) need to be updated! I can't wait to hear the reason why not. I am post poning starting a new dynasty until they update those. Come on EA!

# 4 rascoc @ 08/15/12 09:52 AM
Custom stadium sounds are back, baby.

# 5 Phobia @ 08/15/12 09:55 AM
Can someone explain to me what this is.

Ball Hawk feature implemented for user pass defense.

# 6 J-Unit40 @ 08/15/12 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascoc
Custom stadium sounds are back, baby.
Elaborate. PS3, XBOX360?

# 7 Steve_OS @ 08/15/12 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

Via EASPORTS_AJ, in the Madden Forums.

Quote:
Hey guys, this is AJ. I'm a Community Manager at EA SPORTS (you may have heard me on the Madden or NCAA Podcasts.) I was gonna hop on and explain what the Ball Hawk mechanic is, since I see some questions.

Basically, it's kind of like the Defensive Assist button (A/X), but for making a play on a ball in the air.

When the ball is in the air, you click onto the defender - hold Y/Triangle - and it will take you to the highest point (aggressive point) and attempt to make a pick.

This does NOT replace the old use of timing your picks by tapping Y, just as defensive assist didn't replace making tackles for yourself. You can still control your player and move him to a spot exactly as you could before. This just helps the people who struggle to get their defensive players in the right spot before attempting a pick. You can still swat the ball with LB/L1.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

# 8 Steve_OS @ 08/15/12 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
Just going to throw out there that the PS3 patch is up.
Anyone else want to confirm it is out for PS3? Will update OP.

# 9 Sausage @ 08/15/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

This feature is activated by holding the catch button, it helps keep the DB or LB going for an INT from getting out of position. It is similar to he defense assist button, where it helps put you in a better position to make the play.

# 10 LionsFanNJ @ 08/15/12 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Anyone else want to confirm it is out for PS3? Will update OP.
Yeah, i just got prompted for the patch on the PS3

# 11 Phobia @ 08/15/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Via EASPORTS_AJ, in the Madden Forums.
Thanks Steve

# 12 rascoc @ 08/15/12 10:18 AM
They are louder it seems. On another note, CB just tipped my bubble screen and announcer says "that's a backwards pass, live ball." And the cb recovered it. Nice.

# 13 scottyo60 @ 08/15/12 10:19 AM
Found my first problem in first game. Me K State vs. Kansas at K State. When on O I'll change the play on O and my WRs sometimes act like they can't hear the play like its a road game. It's happened several times so far... I don't remember this being on any other game at home. Just away.

Seen RBs juke and spin was very nice though.

# 14 rascoc @ 08/15/12 10:22 AM
Then CPU runs a wildcat throwback screen on 3rd and goal from 5 and completely fools me for the td.

# 15 The ArkanSaw @ 08/15/12 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Found my first problem in first game. Me K State vs. Kansas at K State. When on O I'll change the play on O and my WRs sometimes act like they can't hear the play like its a road game. It's happened several times so far... I don't remember this being on any other game at home. Just away.

Seen RBs juke and spin was very nice though.
Yeah they made crowds louder so the result is more noise between the QB and Receiver.

Lol good breakdown huh?

Yeah this is annoying it has been happening to me online when i audible. I guess it lets the defense have time to adjust and lets them guess what you may have changed, idk but i hope it is purposely implemented and not a bug.

# 16 lost1 @ 08/15/12 10:26 AM
Now if iwe can only get dirty white uniforms!! the game would be niceeeee!!!! cant believe they didnt address that.

# 17 The ArkanSaw @ 08/15/12 10:27 AM
O yeah i almost forgot, the broken tackles are definitely increased. I intercepted a pass with Texas SS and i swear to the lord he broke 5-8 tackles. I swear i thought it was a glitch, they were back to back tackles in succession and he just kept shrugging them off until he got ganged by 2 lineman.

# 18 Real Talk @ 08/15/12 10:27 AM
My impression is that it is incomplete. I was under the impression that with the launch of the uniform store all uniforms that were incorrect and all uniforms that have already debuted would be available for free i.e. Mizzou, Rutgers, Arkansas, A&M, MSU. Steve is there any word when the uniforms will be available

# 19 paconaifas @ 08/15/12 10:31 AM
Why isn't uniform store working???????? Are they making fun of all of us??????????

# 20 puba1978 @ 08/15/12 10:32 AM
Calm down the Unis wont be in til Sept.
Patience my friend ..... Patience!

« Previous1234567892526Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.