Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 Title Update #2 is available now for 360 and PS3.

As posted yesterday, below are the list of fixes.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
  • Fixed HB stretch play issue where TE’s would be frozen in place during certain blocking animations.
  • Fixed an issue where if a defender made an interception in the end zone and fumbled the ball before his feet touched the ground, it was being counted as a fumble and not an incomplete pass.
  • Resolved an alignment issue where DB on HB would pick up FB instead of HB when HB was put in motion
  • Removed exploit that allowed users to create slant routes to the sideline by motioning a WR and flipping the play.
  • QB Rushing up the middle from under center effectiveness has been balanced.
  • FG holders are no longer downed by contact.
  • Increased frequency of AI using ball carrier special moves.
  • AI play call tuning: No 4th and long run calls; less draws and screens.
  • Ball Hawk feature implemented for user pass defense.
  • Fixed frozen players after celebration dives.
  • Fixed wildcat Play Action exploit.
  • Fixed Defenders not reacting to the QB on read option and option plays when the users defensive adjustment vs. option is set to Aggressive.
  • Fixed shake blitz exploit.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed kicking team to recover squib kicks using low rated kickers.
  • Fixed defensive hot routes after offensive play flip.
  • Fixed issue where waiting for the defense to make their adjustments before picking a play when running ho huddle/hurry up offense caused the defense to reset their play back to the original play.
  • Fixed ‘Jump the Snap’ blitz exploit.
  • Resolved issue where defenders would not react or would be stuck in read and react behavior vs. the option.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
  • Fixed an issue where walk-on players were not appearing on the Online Dynasty Web Site.
  • You will now get your points back if a recruit instantly commits during a phone call.
  • Fixed an issue where swayed pitches and grades weren’t being displayed correctly.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, you will see a "Uniform Store" added to the menu. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available. The first uniforms will be available in the store beginning next month.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 K0ZZ @ 08/15/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Have they fixed it so that you can see the names of your receivers? Pre-patch I could only see these about 25% of the time.

Thanks !!
It has to do with how your QB is playing, as he gets relaxed in the pocket he becomes more aware of who is where. Not exactly realistic but it's how it works to simulate awareness/hot&cold.

# 142 BallinVol @ 08/15/12 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I just played a couple games on a newly started dynasty and made sure to run a ton of streak routes. Other than the rare occasion where they left Andre Debose in 1v1 coverage, I never was able to throw the deep ball.

Now given the fact that this was not the case in a dynasty that had already been started, I'm really not sure what to think.
Will test this myself. Maybe EA wasn't really correct when they said all changes would take effect in current, ongoing dynasties. Hopefully this is the case, I have been disgusted almost more than anyone with this deep ball issue. I almost start gagging when looking at the game before the patch. Hopefully this will do the trick.

# 143 BenGerman @ 08/15/12 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I'm confused. Did the cover 2 poor safety play happen in the new dynasty or existing dynasty?

From all my experience, the only time poor safety is seen is when they play cover 2.
It happened in the existing dynasty. It very well could just be bad luck that I saw it one game in the existing dynasty and then didn't see it in the new dynasty, but it would be nice if this patch really did the trick.

I'm about to play another game, this time in a brand new dynasty with Western Michigan. I'll make sure to let people know what I see.

# 144 TheRealPNasty @ 08/15/12 03:55 PM
Do I have to start a new dynasty since the patch came out or should this all work together? I'm about to win a National Championship with Indiana, not trying to start fresh.

# 145 majesty95 @ 08/15/12 04:01 PM
My first game post patch on default AA
Attachment 48260
I actually had penalties too!

# 146 ate55 @ 08/15/12 04:01 PM
I've played 3 games so far with the "new" patch and I'm still seeing the deep ball problem still exists. Playing in coach mode.

# 147 majesty95 @ 08/15/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPNasty
Do I have to start a new dynasty since the patch came out or should this all work together? I'm about to win a National Championship with Indiana, not trying to start fresh.
No they take effect in current dynasties

# 148 EABbGD @ 08/15/12 04:01 PM
I agree that the CPU switches to aggressive at some point in every game and that is their undoing; however, I notice a lot less blown coverages vs Alabama, LSU, FSU, Texas than vs BC, Wake, etc. I actually LIKE that this is the case. I want bad players to make mistakes and not simply get outrun (although this is a good feature too). Also, I've made more great throws that realistically beat a defensive back deep or made it into tight coverage this year than ever before. While the game isn't perfect by any standard, I think the passing game is a great improvement over past years.

# 149 BallinVol @ 08/15/12 04:09 PM
Just seen something really neat. NC State had their slot receiver run a route straight across the middle. The receiver was calling for the ball for a few seconds. He started half speed running like he was giving up on getting the ball. Then when the QB did throw to him, he tried to pick his speed back up but the end result was an overthrow. Looked really nice actually.

# 150 BA2929 @ 08/15/12 04:09 PM
A couple things:

1) I noticed that anytime one of my WRs did the "I can't hear you, Mr. QB" animation in no-huddle, it was a guy with low AWR. Like a FR or SO. My impact SR WR didn't do it ever.

2) The DBs play "smarter" in zone. They actually react when a WR is near their assigned area. Unlike before, when they just stood in one spot, then acted surprised when a TE caught a pass 3 yards in front of them.

3) Game felt more realistic. At one point I saw something that I hadn't seen before, and I've played 50+ games. I don't remember what it was exactly though, but I'm sure it was pretty cool.

4) I thought this was the "title update #2 impressions" thread. Not the "talk about uniforms all the time" thread. IMO, the only uniform impressions that should be included in this thread are:

.......a) The Uniform store is there.

.......b) The Uniform store isn't there for me, why not?

5) I didn't notice anything about the safety play, because I rarely throw super deep for a few reasons.

.......a) My QB is horribly inaccurate and misses his guy 50% of the time by a wide margin.

.......b) I know there's an issue with deep safety play, so I don't exploit that unless I feel I've set up the defense enough and my offense would actually try a deep ball.

Edit: This is only after 1 game. Heisman with slider adjustments.

# 151 mkharsh33 @ 08/15/12 04:16 PM
One last comment on the no huddle thing and then I'll shut up...

I have NEVER liked how you can hold down the green A button (360) and make guys WARP SPEED to their positions before a play is snapped. The no huddle offense that I'm primarily speaking of is the two minute drill stuff that seems to allow you to run 12 plays in the last 30 seconds of a game. That simply is not realistic football. I'll agree that this is not the most realistic way to present the game of football. But when I ran the no huddle (the 4 times I ran those plays) I LOVED the idea of seeing time come off the clock because my HB or WR wanted clarification of a play.

Face it... we're NEVER gonna get 100% real simulation football from EA... Just will never happen because there is always SOMETHING they fail to fix. But this no huddle thing seems little to me, and if anything, I like the addition of it, IF ONLY for the sake of clock management when the last seconds of panic mode football are setting in.

# 152 DNMHIII @ 08/15/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
No they take effect in current dynasties
How can this be confirmed? I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious if it's been confirmed by EA or what.

# 153 BallinVol @ 08/15/12 04:32 PM
When starting a NEW dynasty, through 1 quarter of only throwing 4 verts and hail mary's, Tyler Bray is 2-12 for 69 yards (hit a 58 yard streak) and 1 INT. Also been sacked once. If the trend continues, I can live with this. I'm also playing with coaching sliders. I know it's a small sample size but ... so far I like it. Could be too early to tell however.

This is also being played on 9 minute quarters with Matt10's Heisman sliders.

EDIT: Just hit a 63 yard hail mary for a TD before the first quarter ended. So 3-14 for 132 yards 1 TD 1 INT.

One thing that EA SEVERELY needs to add to this game is Adaptive AI. The AI needs to adapt to what you are doing on the field. If your bombing it deep all day long, then the CPU should adjust to that and shut it down. Same goes with every other aspect in the game. This would help tremendously!

# 154 BA2929 @ 08/15/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
How can this be confirmed? I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious if it's been confirmed by EA or what.
I saw the effects of the patch in my current dynasty first hand. I didn't have to restart.

# 155 Matt10 @ 08/15/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
When starting a NEW dynasty, through 1 quarter of only throwing 4 verts and hail mary's, Tyler Bray is 2-12 for 69 yards (hit a 58 yard streak) and 1 INT. Also been sacked once. If the trend continues, I can live with this. I'm also playing with coaching sliders. I know it's a small sample size but ... so far I like it. Could be too early to tell however.

Good testing, Ballin. I hope this remains with a large sample size. Can't wait to get home to test. Reading this thread like a hawk

# 156 DNMHIII @ 08/15/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I saw the effects of the patch in my current dynasty first hand. I didn't have to restart.
Thanks....I just wasn't sure if EA confirmed it or not. I'm such stickler about this stuff that I'll probably just start a new SJS so I don't mess with head..lol

# 157 BenGerman @ 08/15/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol

EDIT: Just hit a 63 yard hail mary for a TD before the first quarter ended. So 3-14 for 132 yards 1 TD 1 INT.

One thing that EA SEVERELY needs to add to this game is Adaptive AI. The AI needs to adapt to what you are doing on the field. If your bombing it deep all day long, then the CPU should adjust to that and shut it down. Same goes with every other aspect in the game. This would help tremendously!
This is pretty much what I'm seeing as well. Occasionally the CPU Defense will still break, but not as often as before. I think, unfortunately, we may just have to refrain from streak routes toward the end of halves. Which is stupid, but I can live with it for now.

# 158 rjh82 @ 08/15/12 04:43 PM
Does anybody use the PA Read hold-A-to-hand-the-ball-off-to-the-RB feature? It doesn't seem to be working for me on 360 anymore since the title update.

# 159 BallinVol @ 08/15/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Good testing, Ballin. I hope this remains with a large sample size. Can't wait to get home to test. Reading this thread like a hawk
I edited the post. Ended up getting a 63 yard bomb for a TD before the first quarter ended. I broke down the play watching the replay again, and it really didn't seem like bad safety play. The safeties reacted as they should have, it was the CB's that were trailing the play this time. BUT .... this was a Hail Mary against Man Coverage, and the receiver who caught the TD was a good 5-7 yards ahead of all the other defenders. By the time the ball got to my receiver, there was one defender on top of him pretty much, playing solid coverage, and two other defenders two yards behind. Two receivers were right on top of my other receiver also, due to the CB's playing a bit soft after the receivers passed the LOS.

I kind of got discouraged when it happened, but after breaking it down, it didn't look as bad as I had originally thought.

# 160 TheShizNo1 @ 08/15/12 04:48 PM
Ok, I agree, the no huddle thing is a pain the ***.

EDIT: and the safety issue is still there in cover 2. They'll initially back up, then they'll just stand there and trail

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.