Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The '92 Dream Team & 2012 Olympic team will be featured in NBA 2K13. Charles Barkley is in, but Scottie Pippen couldn't get a deal worked out.

It's cool we get to battle it out between these 2 teams, but with Pippen off the roster, it puts a definite blemish on the announcement.

Check out the higher resolution NBA 2K13 screenshot, featuring the 92 Dream Team, right here.

NBA 2K13 to Feature 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 "Dream Team"

2K Sports proudly announces partnership with USA Basketball for NBA 2K13

2K Sports today announced a partnership with USA Basketball to feature both the star-studded 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team” in NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*.

“As executive producer, letting fans go head to head with these legendary USA teams was extremely important to JAY Z,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We are excited to partner with USA Basketball, and share in JAY Z’s enthusiasm in making this a reality in NBA 2K13.”

The 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team has earned recognition as one of USA Basketball’s all-time greatest teams. NBA 2K13 cover athlete Kevin Durant helped lead the USA to its successful showing and joins the elite list of accomplished basketball players who have represented USA Basketball.

“It was an incredible blessing to have been part of the 2012 USA Basketball National Team,” said Durant. “USA Basketball's National Team legacy is incredible and so many of basketball’s all-time greats have been part of it, I’m just honored to be in that group. Like everybody, I can’t wait to see how our squad stacks up against the 1992 team in NBA 2K13.”

The original “Dream Team” is widely considered the most dominant sports team ever assembled, and featured 11 Hall of Fame players including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, David Robinson and Charles Barkley.

“The experience we shared in Barcelona is truly one of the highlights of my career,” said five-time NBA MVP and former NBA 2K cover athlete Michael Jordan. “Being able to represent not only my country but basketball as a whole is an honor that I will never forget.”

“The fantasy matchup between the legendary 1992 ‘Dream Team’ and the 2012 USA Men’s national team has become one of the greatest sports debates of our time,” stated JAY Z, the Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. “In NBA 2K13, we’re giving fans the opportunity to play as two of the best teams ever assembled in sporting history, literally putting the debate right into their hands.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Norris_Cole @ 08/15/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RleWorm
i still don't like player models. They still look to bulky.
Yeah, just look at Barkley's shoulders, he looks like Dwight...

# 62 TeamBuilder @ 08/15/12 11:26 AM
If 2K really wanted to make a splash they should have announced that they would have added the '92 Dream Team, but only if they could have the complete roster.

Make Pippen a public enemy. The exclusion of Pippen is bigger news than the actual inclusion of (most) of the '92 team.

# 63 JasonMartin @ 08/15/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
As a European this is so frustrating. No interest in this anyway. So we get 2 new guys, but also lose one do it's not authentic anyway. Where are they gonna be used? Play now only?

If it was FIBA or Euro League aswell as, I'd be over the moon. But seems like a very tiny addition with a glamourous name

It's STILL NBA 2K, not NBA AND FIBA 2K13.

Pippen is easy to add so that's no problem.

# 64 TeamBuilder @ 08/15/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
So what's the point of announcing the dream team(sans scottie) and the 2012 team after the Olympics and apparently with no mode or feature surrounding it?

I'm not one to bash 2ks "huge announcement hype" because its usually just mainstream media buzz fodder but at this point the media has moved on from Dream Team vs 2012 Team.
Yeah if 2K was smart they would have made the announcement back when Kobe dropped the bomb that they would be the '92 team.

# 65 Genocide3883 @ 08/15/12 11:29 AM
Is it just me or does Barkley seem a little....thin?

# 66 The Kid 24 @ 08/15/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Sucks for the PS3 players (like myself) tho

God damnit Pip

# 67 Mos1ted @ 08/15/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Typical Ronnie2K. On Twitter he says he wants us to tweet about it so we can get the topic to trend. All he seems to care about is getting max publicity.
Ummm ... that's kinda his job...

# 68 NYdreams @ 08/15/12 11:30 AM
so jay-z helped 2k get the dream team huh.... well maybe jay-z brought some new servers 2

# 69 Norris_Cole @ 08/15/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
It's STILL NBA 2K, not NBA AND FIBA 2K13.

Horrible and stupid logic, the dream team and the 2012 usa team ARE fiba teams.

# 70 bsa7707 @ 08/15/12 11:32 AM
With no Scottie that means NO ALL-TIME BULLS TEAMS!! NOOOOO!

# 71 THE YAMA @ 08/15/12 11:32 AM
Not that impressed. Won't use them at all, most likely.

# 72 Genocide3883 @ 08/15/12 11:33 AM
I honestly could care less about the "Dream" Team, only good thing to come from this is using Barkley for my Suns team

# 73 Vni @ 08/15/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Man WTF Pip? Couldn't be happy with the coin you were getting for doing absolutely nothing the last two years being in the game? Hopefully the keep trying with him and can maybe add him later in a roster update or something. Either that or guys can HEX him in. I don't need him screwing up my Bulls teams that I'm guessing are still in the game.

Knowing 2K we'll have to wait a few days/weeks before they actually expand on this announcement and make it clear if a tournament mode or anything else is involved with these two teams.
Yeah how could he refuse to be in the game when he must be getting good money for it doing nothing ?

I don't get it. That's kinda selfishness from him.

# 74 MarvellousOne @ 08/15/12 11:34 AM
It's crazy that Scottie Pippen has been in every 2K game that I can remember but as soon as Charles Barkley enters the mold, Pippen can't be found.....kind of disappointing not to get the true official team, kind of takes away from this announcement a bit knowing this. It's an okay announcement for the most part, I'm not really hyped about it seeing this since I kind of expected the dream team would enter the mix of 2K. 92 Dream Team vs 2012 Team has been a hot debate this year so go figure...Hey 2K how about continuing to work out a deal with Pippen and add him into the game as a DLC or something that way it can be the authentic Dream Team....just a thought

# 75 DutchMastah7 @ 08/15/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
If 2K really wanted to make a splash they should have announced that they would have added the '92 Dream Team, but only if they could have the complete roster.

Make Pippen a public enemy. The exclusion of Pippen is bigger news than the actual inclusion of (most) of the '92 team.
Be happy we actually got the Dream Team. Hex editors will probably easily add him to the team. Or hopefully we can just move him from one of the Bulls teams ourselves.

Everybody complained about not having Barkley for two years, now we get him and people still complain.

# 76 eko718 @ 08/15/12 11:35 AM
The inclusion of Barkley is severely tainted in my eyes by the exclusion of Pippen.

How will this affect classic teams remains to be seen.

# 77 Hyperballer21 @ 08/15/12 11:36 AM
Losing Scottie Pippen ruined this for me. Lets hope that they don't remove his cyberface and signature moves off of the disk like they did Allen Iverson in 2k12.

So everyone who is saying Pippen can be hexed in, its not guaranteed.

# 78 Genocide3883 @ 08/15/12 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
Be happy we actually got the Dream Team. Hex editors will probably easily add him to the team. Or hopefully we can just move him from one of the Bulls teams ourselves.

Everybody complained about not having Barkley for two years, now we get him and people still complain.
That's if we even get the classic Bulls teams

# 79 kjjnesb @ 08/15/12 11:36 AM
Quote:
Yeah if 2K was smart they would have made the announcement back when Kobe dropped the bomb that they would be the '92 team.
Exactly and you'd play dream team vs 2012 team only like once not like its a thing we'd want to try over and over like the legends mode.

Feels like they only played this up to say "Jay-z helped us get Barkley look at his influence on the game" lol

# 80 IWWROCKS @ 08/15/12 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Horrible and stupid logic, the dream team and the 2012 usa team ARE fiba teams.
Exactly! Plus NBA Live...note NBA in the title of that, also included FIBA. So having NBA in the title obviously does not exclude FIBA from being allowed in the game!!

Btw, if your name is a dual reference to Basketball and Coronation Street I will crown you a legend right here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.