Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/12 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
the slow passing disturbs me....i should be able to whip the ball around considering 2k has always been passing lane steal friendly, and iffy on the spacing.
We all said it and talked to devs about passing speed. It was improved though and so was spacing! Spacing was 100x better. But the passing speed ties into more than just turning up the pass speed, it effects the receiver of the pass and those animations along with other aspects that could cause problems in other areas. We are hoping for a small improvement in polishing 13 and then hopefully it's 100% fixed in 14 with a pressure sensitive passing scheme? :-)

# 22 23 @ 08/20/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KspadeTheProspect
Nah Vann, not Mike Wang... the black guy that came down

You guys arent talking about the famous MC are you?

# 23 KyotoCarl @ 08/20/12 12:07 PM
vannwolfhawk, did any of you ask the devs if there's a good reason why they don't roll out patches more frequently? There were lots of things in 2K12 that could've been fixed by rolling out more than one, two patches for a full year?

# 24 Goffs @ 08/20/12 12:20 PM
M$ only allows two patches and anything beyond that it will be out of 2k's pocket. If I remember patches are expensive....

# 25 KyotoCarl @ 08/20/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
M$ only allows two patches and anything beyond that it will be out of 2k's pocket. If I remember patches are expensive....
Yeah, I read something about that, that's why some companies might hide patches in DLCs or not release any further at all.

How come alot of other companies release more patches then? Do they spring for them themselves?

# 26 coolcras7 @ 08/20/12 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
vannwolfhawk, did any of you ask the devs if there's a good reason why they don't roll out patches more frequently? There were lots of things in 2K12 that could've been fixed by rolling out more than one, two patches for a full year?
You do realize that patches take time and doing multiple patches would affect development for the next game.

# 27 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
You do realize that patches take time and doing multiple patches would affect development for the next game.
And then you throw the lockout in last year along with no competition with ea. I would almost guarantee 2 patches this year.

# 28 KyotoCarl @ 08/20/12 01:17 PM
Quote:
Yes I realize that but 2K have been very hesitant to answer to issues that still remain after a patch has been released. They should be able to push out at least 3-4 patches during the year in order to fix some problems, imo.

But, like someone else said, it costs money to release patches and i don't know all the politics behind it all but it usually feels like they don't bother to listen to problems in gameplay after December each year.

# 29 coolcras7 @ 08/20/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Yes I realize that but 2K have been very hesitant to answer to issues that still remain after a patch has been released. They should be able to push out at least 3-4 patches during the year in order to fix some problems, imo.

But, like someone else said, it costs money to release patches and i don't know all the politics behind it all but it usually feels like they don't bother to listen to problems in gameplay after December each year.
I think after a certain point you have to accept they game is what it is, with yearly releases they have to quickly put all their focus on the next installment, i believe for 2k11 they actually released multiple patches.

# 30 KyotoCarl @ 08/20/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
I think after a certain point you have to accept they game is what it is, with yearly releases they have to quickly put all their focus on the next installment, i believe for 2k11 they actually released multiple patches.
True.

I'm not really complaining cause I find each iteration of 2K basketball games to be great games. Just saying that if they had released more patches for 2K12 it would've ended up being, more or less, the perfect basketball game to date.

Nothing like this will hinder me from buying, or enjoying, 2K13 to the fullest.

# 31 Crossover1 @ 08/20/12 03:24 PM
I just want to know if I can throw full-court bounce passes Iverson/Magic/Lebron-style. Please let me know! Thanks!

# 32 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I just want to know if I can throw full-court bounce passes Iverson/Magic/Lebron-style. Please let me know! Thanks!
No, they say their engine won't allow it yet, but they want us to have the ability to do that so hopefully we see it in 14 or 15?!

# 33 Crossover1 @ 08/20/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
No, they say their engine won't allow it yet, but they want us to have the ability to do that so hopefully we see it in 14 or 15?!
Damn! Oh well I guess we can just hope it will be implemented in future installments. Thanks again for the quick response.

# 34 BezO @ 08/20/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Do you know what the max distance is? Or do you remember the longest bounce pass you've made?

# 35 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/12 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Do you know what the max distance is? Or do you remember the longest bounce pass you've made?
I don't know, but we saw some awesome half court bounce passes.

# 36 KyotoCarl @ 08/20/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
I don't know, but we saw some awesome half court bounce passes.
That works for me! Going from no manual bounce passes to half court manual bounce passes is a huge feature!

# 37 vannwolfhawk @ 08/20/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
That works for me! Going from no manual bounce passes to half court manual bounce passes is a huge feature!
Exactly!!!

# 38 KspadeTheProspect @ 08/20/12 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
One thing I will say is that Vannwolfhawk really seems to have repped himself and OS by extension to the fullest. Most of the other invitees have commented on how great he was to interact with and how he really knew his stuff. Thats a good look. Good on you Vann.
Class guy...glad I had the opportunity to meet him!

# 39 KspadeTheProspect @ 08/20/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
With the clutch rating gone those last second 24 second clock shots and the magical 12-0 3rd quarter run should be gone?!
I continued to squeeze the lemon sort of speak with online questions even after being told that online features aren't discussed til 1 month prior to release. I know for a fact that the issues are known... I really hope (at least) the MORE frustrating ones have been addressed. Sorry I don't have more for you though

# 40 royalstatus @ 08/21/12 12:23 PM
Bruh thanks for posting the info...I'm hyped about the game. One thing that I wanted to ask about is does the game feature away to split the pick and roll or split double teams a la D-Wade, Ginobili, Kobe? For alot of guys in the NBA this is one of the main weapons in their arsenal (see Dion Waiters). Maybe this was in 2k12 and I missed it but I'm hoping that this is definitely in 13 especially with all of the special abilities they say are going to be in the game. I think splitting PR's/double teams would fit nicely as only a few players are able to effectively do this move consistently and it would prevent it from being a cheese move. Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.