Home
WWE 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The WWE '13 roster has been revealed, which includes modern day and Attitude Era superstars, Legends and Divas.

Modern Era WWE Superstars & Divas
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Big Show
  • Booker T
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Brodus Clay
  • Chris Jericho
  • Christian
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Daniel Bryan
  • David Otunga
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Edge
  • The Great Khali
  • Heath Slater
  • Hunico
  • Jack Swagger
  • JBL
  • John Cena (The Doctor of Thuganomics)
  • John Laurinaitis
  • Justin Gabriel
  • Kane
  • Kevin Nash
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Mark Henry
  • The Miz
  • Primo
  • Randy Orton
  • John Cena
  • Rey Mysterio
  • The Rock
  • R-Truth
  • Santino Marella
  • Sheamus
  • Sin Cara
  • Epico
  • Ted DiBiase
  • Triple H
  • The Undertaker
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Wade Barrett
  • Zack Ryder
  • Alicia Fox
  • Beth Phoenix
  • Brie Bella
  • Eve
  • Kelly Kelly
  • Kharma
  • Nikki Bella
  • Lita
  • AJ Lee (RAW General Manager)
  • CM Punk
Attitude Era WWE Superstars
  • Road Warrior Animal
  • Big Boss Man
  • Billy Gunn
  • Bradshaw (APA)
  • Bret Hart
  • British Bulldog
  • Cactus Jack
  • Chris Jericho (Y2J)
  • Christian (Edge & Christian)
  • Dude Love
  • Eddie Guerrero
  • Edge (Edge & Christian)
  • Faarooq (APA)
  • The Godfather
  • Road Warrior Hawk
  • Hunter Heart Helmsley
  • Kane
  • Ken Shamrock
  • Mankind
  • Mark Henry (Nation of Domination)
  • Mike Tyson
  • Mr. McMahon
  • "The Big Show" Paul Wight
  • Road Dogg Jesse James
  • The Rock
  • Shane McMahon
  • Shawn Michaels (D-Generation X)
  • Triple H (D-Generation X)
  • The Undertaker (The Lord of Darkness)
  • Vader
  • X-Pac
  • Lita (Attitude Era)
  • Stephanie McMahon (The Billion Dollar Princess)
  • Trish Stratus
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Game: WWE 13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 14straight @ 08/20/12 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
When the the Attitude Era officially stop?

Looking at that list made me say "huh" a couple times.

Just the opposite for me, ha. But that just proves it's been a while since I watched wrestling. WCW was still going on (though it was in its final years) when I last watched wrestling on a regular basis.

# 22 14straight @ 08/20/12 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
It's a shame Steve Blackman, Chyna, and Kurt Angle were left out, but I understand why for the last two.
ahhhhh! Steve Blackman. I remember using him on No Mercy.

# 23 Jukeman @ 08/20/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
This proves 2 things:

1. Some people are never happy...

2. When you get down to "How could you leave out Val Venus?", they did a decent job.
Its nitpicking but I kind of agree with him. I always thought the Attitude Era was good for the product WWE was putting out, not necessarily for the wrestlers.

That era had memorable mid to lower carders because they where always involved in some kind of story. (not to mention the matches they put on; European Title match being the same length as a current PPV main event for example) Leaving most of those guys out (which I understand for the different reasons) would just leave us with guys we already had in the game with alternates of themselves, (which we actually ended up with) that would have been cool for DLC. I probably wouldnt even miss the "story mode" especially if no story mode/attitude mode meant for a beefed up Universe Mode.

I think this concept would of had move value if it was focused on the pre Attitude era or even the 80's.

Would have been cool to see guys like Yokozuna in the game!

# 24 woodjer @ 08/20/12 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
They couldn't have gone that route with the format they use now. They would have had DX HHH coming out to his current theme. A simple second costume doesn't cut it for this.
While I understand that it wouldn't work with the way that WWE 12 was set up, the simple solution is to add a second (or third, etc.) entrance and allow the user to select the entrance. Or just add the entrance to the CAW piece itself instead of making it a separate area. If you're going to have this many duplicate people, it seems like the perfect time to add that functionality.

# 25 J_Posse @ 08/20/12 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
While I understand that it wouldn't work with the way that WWE 12 was set up, the simple solution is to add a second (or third, etc.) entrance and allow the user to select the entrance. Or just add the entrance to the CAW piece itself instead of making it a separate area. If you're going to have this many duplicate people, it seems like the perfect time to add that functionality.
His statement can't be entirely true since last year they had Cody Rhodes (with the same model) with his Dashing and Masked gimmicks. That includes two entirely different entrance animations, themes and videos.

THQ is just giving people WWE '12 with 4 new current wrestlers (Epico, Primo, Hunico & Jinder Mahal) and a tacked on Attitude mode. Good job, Yukes/THQ!!!!

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 26 Gronk4M13 @ 08/21/12 09:34 AM
The roster is amazing. If improvements to Universe mode are good, I want this game almost as much as Madden 13.

# 27 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/21/12 10:26 AM
Road Dogg!!!! Nuff said!!!

# 28 ExtremeGamer @ 08/21/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
His statement can't be entirely true since last year they had Cody Rhodes (with the same model) with his Dashing and Masked gimmicks. That includes two entirely different entrance animations, themes and videos.

THQ is just giving people WWE '12 with 4 new current wrestlers (Epico, Primo, Hunico & Jinder Mahal) and a tacked on Attitude mode. Good job, Yukes/THQ!!!!

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse
Cody Rhodes is not a good example, it wasn't the same model. In fact, go back and edit him with superstar threads. Instead of 3 spots to change colors, etc, you only have 2 and have to choose which model you want. Basically they took 2 models and tacked him under one spot. Edge/Christian would have been the same last year, but they were DLC.

# 29 RedZoneD25 @ 08/21/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Cody Rhodes is not a good example, it wasn't the same model. In fact, go back and edit him with superstar threads. Instead of 3 spots to change colors, etc, you only have 2 and have to choose which model you want. Basically they took 2 models and tacked him under one spot. Edge/Christian would have been the same last year, but they were DLC.
I may not be interpreting this correctly, but if I had to sacrifice Superstar Threads in order to add 8-9 more characters to the game by saving space on duplicates, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I can deal with a crap default attire, I did it for years before. I just feel like a lot of talented Attitude AND current Superstars got the short end of the stick due to THQ's current format.

# 30 ExtremeGamer @ 08/21/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I may not be interpreting this correctly, but if I had to sacrifice Superstar Threads in order to add 8-9 more characters to the game by saving space on duplicates, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I can deal with a crap default attire, I did it for years before. I just feel like a lot of talented Attitude AND current Superstars got the short end of the stick due to THQ's current format.
Definitely can't argue that. I'd love bigger, more diverse rosters too. It's definitely a flaw that THQ has with their roster system, no question.

I think it also comes down to, will anyone really play as say Trent Barretta, or would they play more as an old school Triple H. Not my logic, but understand both sides, and lean more to your side of it.

# 31 RedZoneD25 @ 08/21/12 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Definitely can't argue that. I'd love bigger, more diverse rosters too. It's definitely a flaw that THQ has with their roster system, no question.

I think it also comes down to, will anyone really play as say Trent Barretta, or would they play more as an old school Triple H. Not my logic, but understand both sides, and lean more to your side of it.
That's a fair point too, at the end of the day it is a business. Though let it be known that I will literally never.....neevverrrr.....EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVEE EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR.....use the Connecticut Blueblood attire of HHH (I believe that is the one with the big entrance coat, right?)

Instead, you can find me playing Attitude HBK vs. Attitude Y2J from Oct. 30, 2012 to WWE '14.

# 32 alifeincomplete @ 08/21/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
This is a very good point and one that I had not considered whatsoever. Indeed, I didn't realize that '12 had this functionality until just now (I don't know who Cody Rhodes is and thus, never use him in the game).

# 33 soltrain @ 08/21/12 02:23 PM
I can only imagine how ****ed up Universe is going to get this year. It's hard enough keeping a wrestler out I don't want. Now I'll have three versions of Triple H bouncing around.

# 34 PVarck31 @ 08/21/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain
I can only imagine how ****ed up Universe is going to get this year. It's hard enough keeping a wrestler out I don't want. Now I'll have three versions of Triple H bouncing around.
This is what I am worried about. Is there any way to just simply select who we want in universe mode? Or is it gonna be a work around nightmare?

# 35 Jukeman @ 08/21/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
This is what I am worried about. Is there any way to just simply select who we want in universe mode? Or is it gonna be a work around nightmare?
I doubt they'll make that same mistake twice.

# 36 dochalladay32 @ 08/21/12 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I doubt they'll make that same mistake twice.
We'll probably with get stuck with the lame scenario that the old versions aren't tracked in universe. Which means we will have to force them into storylines, but they can't really hold belts. And then putting the modern versions on dead brands really won't work so we'll still end up with Kane vs. Kane, Undertaker vs. Undertaker, Helmsley vs. Triple H. vs. Triple H, Mankind vs. Cactus Jack vs. Mick Foley, Y2J vs. Chris Jericho, etc...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.