Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

10. Mario Williams - OVR 97
9. Ed Reed - OVR 97
8. Troy Polamalu - OVR 97
7. Haloti Ngata - OVR 97
6. Julius Peppers - OVR 97
5. Justin Smith - OVR 98
4. Jared Allen - OVR 98
3. Patrick Willis - OVR 98
2. DeMarcus Ware - OVR 99
1. Darrelle Revis - OVR 99

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 brettmickey @ 08/20/12 06:01 PM
I hope the full defensive ratings reveal is separated by position and not all on one excel spreadsheet... I'm very surprised Mario Williams cracked the top 10. I figured he would be outside of the top 10 until he produced but I see Donny decided to give him the benefit of the doubt (not saying I agree with that). I would put JPP in front of Mario until we see how he plays. If he starts the season off the way he did last year then start moving him up to the 97 overall.

# 42 ImaGamer_OS @ 08/20/12 06:47 PM
Not much too complain about in the ratings here IMO. All I can say is I hope I won't be playing the 49er's a couple times a year over the first few seasons of my CCM.

# 43 raiderphantom @ 08/20/12 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
TBH, no player should be a 99. A 98 is good enough for him.

Nnamdi Asomugha does not make the list but Mario Williams does?
Jesus.
I seriously hate these ratings arguments because it's just he said she said. Mario is one of the best pass rushers in the league. Nnamdi? The guy got TORCHED last year. He got completely exposed after leaving oakland system and actually getting thrown at for a change. Nnamdi doesn't even deserve a 90+ but I'm sure he'll get it.

# 44 raiderphantom @ 08/20/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
No Patrick Peterson?

Blasphemous.

What's wrong with EA.

What are they thinking?
The only thing Peterson does well is return punts. He couldn't cover in college and still can't in the nfl. Some of these arguments are just way off.

# 45 raiderphantom @ 08/20/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Justin Smith was a monster last year. There's more to it than stats. It's an apples to oranges comparison anyway. Justin Smith is a 5 technique- deals with double teams all game.
Yeah but is a 5 tech honestly valuable enough to be rated that high? That's my only concern. Justin's a fantastic player.

# 46 kingMELO7 @ 08/20/12 07:59 PM
jason peire paul?

# 47 dramachild11 @ 08/20/12 08:24 PM
I'm a giants fan who sees a ton of jets games also cause I'm from NYC an I can say that revis took a step back last year albeit a very small step cause he's still the best corner in the league but people did throw at him a lot more than 2 years ago so for madden I don't understand him being the highest rated defensive player... An if ngata and reed are gonna be in the top ten than Suggs better at least be on the list ahead of them both (injured or not)

# 48 brios02 @ 08/20/12 08:27 PM
Revis' stats back up the all the hype of, "Revis Island." When quarterbacks threw his way their QB rating averaged out to be 45.6. He was targeted 85 times and only 35 passes were completed. He is the best CB and defender in the NFL. Is he human? Sure and you could see that when Stevie Johnson had a good game against Revis and pulled in nine catches for 77 yards and a score, but he shuts down premier receivers (Brandon Marshal, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Ect.) on a constant basis. Its not hard to see why he is best defender in Madden.

# 49 airlyle @ 08/20/12 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
10. Mario Williams - OVR 97
9. Ed Reed - OVR 97
8. Troy Polamalu - OVR 97
7. Haloti Ngata - OVR 97
6. Julius Peppers - OVR 97
5. Justin Smith - OVR 98
4. Jared Allen - OVR 98
3. Patrick Willis - OVR 98
2. DeMarcus Ware - OVR 99
1. Darrelle Revis - OVR 99
I'm surprised Jared Allen is still considered a top 10 guy. I'd argue that everyone behind him on this list is better than him.
??? He did just have 22 sacks last season.

# 50 airlyle @ 08/20/12 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
He did lead the league in sacks last year. Also I think he is a fantastic player. I don't think he is the best at his position right now though. As I said before 6 sacks came in his 2 games against Detroit. 3.5 sacks came in one game against Chicago. As a Lions fan I have seen a lot of him but am not afraid of going against Jared Allen.
How did other individuals do against those teams??? I find it funny that you state that he had 6 sacks in 2 games againt the Lions last year, you are a Lions fan, and that you arent afraid of him.... He had 6 sacks in 2 games against them!

# 51 THE YAMA @ 08/20/12 09:30 PM
Don't like Jared Allen up that high. And again overall too high it seems.

# 52 raiderphantom @ 08/20/12 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
I'm a giants fan who sees a ton of jets games also cause I'm from NYC an I can say that revis took a step back last year albeit a very small step cause he's still the best corner in the league but people did throw at him a lot more than 2 years ago so for madden I don't understand him being the highest rated defensive player... An if ngata and reed are gonna be in the top ten than Suggs better at least be on the list ahead of them both (injured or not)
I agree. Revis has taken a small step back. He still generally shuts receivers down. But I remember the times when he would give up 1 catch in a game for 7 yards. Still the best corner in the league. And after Asomugha's performance last year, there's really no debate about it anymore. Hands down he's the best.

# 53 raiderphantom @ 08/20/12 10:49 PM
How many sacks does Allen have to get to impress everyone? Geez man who cares who he got them all against? Even if you took 5 sacks away he'd still have 17 which is right there with all the best.

# 54 nr2arbett1 @ 08/21/12 02:08 AM
Revis should deff be a 99, out of all the players in the league i think hes the best at his position

# 55 shavane @ 08/21/12 08:36 AM
If you ask me I think Revis being the number 1 rated defender is accurate. You have to know and understand football to realize that position by position he is the best defender. If you look at a stat like sacks they can actually be overated. What Revis does is black and white, he shuts a teams receiver down. It shows on the field and in the stats after the game its one on one and really not even close.

I'm a eagles fan and Babin had more sacks than Cole but if you ask coach in the league they will tell you that cole is a better overall defensive end...sacks, stopping the run, disruptive plays, and hurries. Babin is feeding off of having teams game plan for Cole.

No way is Mario Williams on this list and T Sizzle isn't out of all the ratings released this is the worse ommission.

I love Ray Ray but thank you for not putting him in the Top 10 finally.

# 56 Aggies7 @ 08/21/12 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Umm, 91/92?
I may be wrong but honestly I would have Aldon Smith even or +1 over Von Miller. I realize Von Miller had the hand issue but I really think Aldon Smith wouldve won the DROY if not for that late off the field issue.

# 57 TheKingOfVa @ 08/21/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
No Patrick Peterson?

Blasphemous.

What's wrong with EA.

What are they thinking?
Don't worry he will be on there next year bro. He's probably an 89

# 58 reMicXz @ 08/21/12 11:22 AM
Revis is a good CB sure but #1 defender? Not a chance. the majority of last season Cromartie was on the opposing teams #1 receiver, and most "elite" receivers using the term loosely he did guard had great games (Cruz,Marshall,Welker SJ13,Dez AND Miles Austin to name a few) all had great numbers against the Jets last season. The truth about Revis is once you get around his physical stuff at the line he's a bit soft. not to mention the Jets blitz almost 90% of the time. he's getting hype and benefiting solely off of the rest of the teams doing and being made to seem like he's the best ever. How soon we forget what happened when he called Randy a slouch...

Sure he may be top 5 DBs in the NFL maybe even the best CORNERBACK but he's by no means the best defensive player in the league. For instance he cannot do what Polamalu does.

# 59 TheKingOfVa @ 08/21/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeyes7
First off Ray lewis is Still a Top 10 Guy and should be higher rated than jared allen. Just saying. show me where ray lewis fell off. because he still playing at a high level.

Ray Lewis hasn't been top ten since 2009. And T swizzle should be on the list, maybe they omitted him because he's hurt. He's probably a 96

# 60 Gaycandybacon @ 08/21/12 12:49 PM
Clay matthews and Charles woodson dislikes this list!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.