Home
NHL 13 News Post

Watch live streaming video from easports at livestream.com

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bghost @ 08/20/12 02:40 PM
I just hope the AI actually is better in this game, It is laughable how many silly things I see from AI teammates and the opposing AI on a daily basis with NHL 12.

# 2 SinisterAlex @ 08/20/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
While the game looks great in action, I share other people's concerns about the tape to tape passing. Since they started the stream 20 mins late due to a technical issue I have no idea if they talked about what sliders they're using to demo the game.
They're playing All Star Normal.

I'm liking what I see, especially the True Broadcast Camera. Definitely going to be playing on that.

Everything can hopefully be tweaked with sliders. So no need to worry that much.

# 3 Vic1 @ 08/20/12 03:02 PM
Did not like that St. Louis shootout goal at all. The puck just absolutely disappeared into the net with no animation, that's always been one of my pet peeves, sometimes the stick just doesn't move. Nice move and all, but the end result was a physically impossible goal to score. There was no flicking of the wrists or any animation.

# 4 stevematic @ 08/20/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1
Did not like that St. Louis shootout goal at all. The puck just absolutely disappeared into the net with no animation, that's always been one of my pet peeves, sometimes the stick just doesn't move. Nice move and all, but the end result was a physically impossible goal to score. There was no flicking of the wrists or any animation.
Agree, the backhand shot needs to be fixed too.

# 5 SinisterAlex @ 08/20/12 03:06 PM
I just noticed on the NHL 13 board behind the guys on the left, there's a quote taking from OS lol.

# 6 engrishbwudd @ 08/20/12 03:14 PM
Looks a little more difficult to get a shot on goal this year. This pleases me.

# 7 Dispatch @ 08/20/12 03:19 PM
I'm watching right now. Just saw a player for the Canucks have the puck explode on him while he was in the slot.

Things are looking pretty good.

# 8 SinisterAlex @ 08/20/12 03:30 PM
Winter classic lighting looks amazing!

# 9 Steve_OS @ 08/20/12 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I was going to say the same thing, wow.

# 10 Fiddy @ 08/20/12 03:32 PM
lol at the skating leading up to Canucks 3rd goal.. siiiiiiiigh!!

# 11 Dispatch @ 08/20/12 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Its gorgeous!!

# 12 canucksss @ 08/20/12 04:04 PM
are they done discussing offline BaGM? i just tuned in due to work.

# 13 Retropyro @ 08/20/12 04:20 PM
It's times like this I wish season pass gave early access 2 weeks in advance.

# 14 kauchy @ 08/20/12 04:27 PM
could someone post on twitter (i refuse to use it)

*does the pass reception slider work this year?
more penalties called on user & cpu?*

cheers

# 15 liberaluser @ 08/20/12 04:50 PM
What did everyone think of how the defense dealt with the new skating? I'd say the balance looked really good except the passing obviously needed slider tunage.

# 16 Gagnon39 @ 08/20/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Much more active sticks, much better positioning, and the puck is indeed far easier to bat away. Passing and pass ease reception need adjusting and hopefully both sliders work this year.

I was actually pretty impressed that the AI does indeed seem to be able to read plays and adjust rather than just focus on where the puck is.

My only gripe was the tape to tape passes but adjusting sliders should remedy that, if not I would hope they do it through tuners.
I only watched part of the Pittsburgh and Toronto game but I thought that I saw a fair amount (at least for defaults sliders) of errant passes. Not as many as I'd like but I saw a few here and there. But I'm with you guys, I'd like to see more. Were there any videos where someone was playing the CPU? I'd like to see how accurate the CPU is.

# 17 Qb @ 08/20/12 07:50 PM
On the subject of "if the pass reception slider works"... After some PM exchanges asking about passing (and many other things), I was told the issue was resolved and the slider will be effective this year. Also, I hear hardcore loosens up the passing somewhat, so that's encouraging for the potential of more extreme settings.

# 18 Dispatch @ 08/20/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
On the subject of "if the pass reception slider works"... After some PM exchanges asking about passing (and many other things), I was told the issue was resolved and the slider will be effective this year. Also, I hear hardcore loosens up the passing somewhat, so that's encouraging for the potential of more extreme settings.
If thats the case I'm going to be logging some serious hours into this game.

# 19 liberaluser @ 08/20/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Also, I hear hardcore loosens up the passing somewhat, so that's encouraging for the potential of more extreme settings.
True but hardcore is basically just a set of sliders right? I usually start with normal settings cause everything is set halfway and then bring overpowerd mechanics like hitting power down and pass assist off to create my own custom sliders.

Edit: But for online only people that is surely good news!

# 20 Qb @ 08/20/12 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
True but hardcore is basically just a set of sliders right? I usually start with normal settings cause everything is set halfway and then bring overpowerd mechanics like hitting power down and pass assist off to create my own custom sliders.

Edit: But for online only people that is surely good news!
Yes, hardcore modifies certain sliders, but to my knowledge, is only a slider preset. What I was getting at was hardcore typically does not zero out sliders like pass accuracy/reception, so hopefully we can take things even lower if desired. And yes, hearing hardcore plays a little "better" than default is encouraging for those excited for GM connected.

Edit: To be clear, that passing tidbit was from July. Thought I said something then, if not, sorry.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.